+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Anybody else worried about this baltimore series coming up?

For some reason they just cannot get over this team. I hope this week is different though. The Yankees cannot afford to lose a homoe series with them with the Tigers and Angels waiting in the wings

Re: Anybody else worried about this baltimore series coming up?

worried? seriously? not a bit

Forum Regular

why are you worried?...because baltimore beat us 2 out of 3 a few weeks ago?...
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

I'm not worried right now. This team can beat anyone the way they are playing right now.

That being said, we cannot afford to do anything but 2 of 3 from Baltimore, so if we lose the first game, I might get a little worried.

We get Guthrie, Cabrera, and Bedard. Won't be easy, but playing at home should help, even though Camden Park is also "home."

NYYF Legend

Baltimore has had our number this year, so I'm certainly not overlooking them like in years past.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Not worried, but if I were the Yankees I'd take them a bit more seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Released Outright

Nope.

Yankees at this time just needs to take each series as it comes and give maximum effort to win as many games as possible. They can't afford any letups.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

They need to keep doing what they're doing, and if all else fails go back to the tried and true formula of working pitch counts and getting into that bullpen.

Hopefully the curse of Jay Gibbons will help the Yanks as well.

Altitude 8,106 Feet ColoradoGuy's Avatar

Worried? Not at all.

Baltimore is show at least some signs of being a competitive team right now, but in view of the tough teams we're facing in "The Gauntlet" stretch, I'll take a home series against Baltimore for sure.

Just curious, were you worried about the Yankees playing two 3-game series against Toronto and Cleveland on the road?

I'm not worried. This Yankees team is on a roll. Plain and simple.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGuy
    Worried? Not at all.

Baltimore is show at least some signs of being a competitive team right now, but in view of the tough teams we're facing in "The Gauntlet" stretch, I'll take a home series against Baltimore for sure.

Just curious, were you worried about the Yankees playing two 3-game series against Toronto and Cleveland on the road?
    Well we had not lost to Cleveland before the series started so no I was not worried about them to much, we played them ok this year. The O's have had our number this year which bothers me a little. So far the Yankees are 3-6 against them this season. Let's just hope that changes this week

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGuy
    As fans we all get worried no matter who the opponent is. When they were about to face the Royals at home, people were worried. When they were about to face the Pirates, people were worried.

What I like about the Yankees right now is that they are completely locked in and they aren't taking anyone lightly. So I think (hope) the traditional worries about them letting up and getting surprised by a team they should beat on paper are out the window.

It's just a matter of keeping it going and getting the breaks in the close games. They should get 2 out of 3 ... and a sweep would of course be nice.

There seems to be a scrub team to always have the Yankees number every season.. last year it was Tampa.. a few years ago it was the Royals.
    They have good pitching.. but im not worried. Wang is due for a bounce back game.. Karstens who knows.. and Hughes will dominate the lineup with his curve.. ala Becket yesterday. Take 2 of 3 and I'd be Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Since95
    There seems to be a scrub team to always have the Yankees number every season.. last year it was Tampa.. a few years ago it was the Royals.
    They have good pitching.. but im not worried. Wang is due for a bounce back game.. Karstens who knows.. and Hughes will dominate the lineup with his curve.. ala Becket yesterday. Take 2 of 3 and I'd be Happy.
    Yea the way things have gone the past few years the srub teams worry me more than the good ones. This series is going to be all close games which worries me especially since Joba only pitches basically once a series.
    If you listen to the fans youll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Concerned would be the correct term. A few reasons:

1) Karstens is starting one of the games. Unless our bats really bring their A+ game, that will be a tough game to win

2) We face Guthrie, Cabrera, Bedard. Guthrie has pitched well against us twice already. If Cabrera is throwing strikes, he can be dominant. And Bedard has been dominating everyone lately.

NYYF Cy Young

No.. I hope we crush them
    Pride Power Pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Concerned would be the correct term. A few reasons:

1) Karstens is starting one of the games. Unless our bats really bring their A+ game, that will be a tough game to win

2) We face Guthrie, Cabrera, Bedard. Guthrie has pitched well against us twice already. If Cabrera is throwing strikes, he can be dominant. And Bedard has been dominating everyone lately.

Exactly.

There are alot of things to overcome, a Karstens and Bedard start to name a few. We might be rolling and we might be at home but this series will be tough. Im almost happy to just get one game.

NYYF Legend

I definitely believe we must take the Orioles seriously, I also believe we are as good as any team in baseball, if not the best team right now. We need to play with confidence but also with a sense of urgency and certainly we can not take the Orioles lightly.

If we play like we know we can play..then we dont have to worry about playing anyone.
    Infact, our guys should be looking to exact some revenge on these guys because of the fact that they have taken too many games off us.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Winning the first game is HUGE. Wang needs to bounceback with a very good start and hopefully the offense can scratch some runs off Guthrie.

Win the first game, and hope we can split the last two. If we lose the first game....the chances of winning the series are very slim cuz the chances of winning a game Karstens starts AND beating Bedard arent very good.

NYYF HOF

Baltimore and Tampa aren't bad teams.

Baltimore has a GREAT pitcher, a good pitcher, and one capable of 8 2/3 no-hit innings or giving up 5 runs in the first. They have 3 guys in the lineup that are hard to get out... Tejada, Roberts, and Markakis. Plus they have a scrub (Corey Patterson) the Yankees haven't figured out all season and another bum they haven't figured out all decade (Millar). Their 'pen isn't good, but they can matchup with Bradford and Walker.

I expect the Yanks to win three, but it won't be easy AT ALL.

The Orioles have momentum going into tomorrow's game, but so do the Yankees. With Boston playing Tampa Bay this week, taking 2-3 from the O's is a must.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Winning the first game is HUGE. Wang needs to bounceback with a very good start and hopefully the offense can scratch some runs off Guthrie.

Win the first game, and hope we can split the last two. If we lose the first game....the chances of winning the series are very slim cuz the chances of winning a game Karstens starts AND beating Bedard arent very good.

Exactly.

Wang must go at least 7 tomorrow with no Mo in the pen.

Thread Information