+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mo The Coach

Mo The Coach

We have discussed Mariano's potential value off the mound before. Last night, Kay was talking about how Mo took Vizciano aside after his rough stretch and has been working with him pretty consistently for the better part of two months. And what do you know, he's been rock solid during that stretch.

Forum Regular

Re: Mo The Coach

Mo does look like he's got the brain!

NYYF Legend

I have to imagine Mo taking anyone aside and telling them they are good does wonders for their confidence.

I could definitely see Mo as a future pitching coach. My only question there would be how he would handle starters and guys that throw a lot of pitches because he doesn't have a lot of variety in his repetoir to say the least.

Looking at our team now I'd say we have about 4 guys who could be pitching coaches some day if they want to be in Mo, Clemens, Petitte, and Moose. Another guy who is not on our roster anymore who I always thought would make a great pitching coach was El Duque.

Still though I'm not looking Guidry's replacement now. I think Guidry has done a good job. I just wish he could teach Joe how to manage the bullpen properly.

NYYF Legend

"If you don't get better, I'm going to beat the ................ out of you." Dial M(o) for motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Jace
    "If you don't get better, I'm going to beat the ................ out of you." Dial M(o) for motivation
    !!!!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714
    Looking at our team now I'd say we have about 4 guys who could be pitching coaches some day if they want to be in Mo, Clemens, Petitte, and Moose.
    Wang said a number of times that Moose has given him a lot of coaching help. And the results were good!

Don't forget Cone
    42 is the answer

Gets to see even more of AJ Burnett now!

Mussina would be an excellent pitching coach, IMHO.

Released Outright sherlockjeterfan's Avatar

rivera may not be a great coach.. he is toooo good a player.. when you are that good it i hard to coach people that dont have abilities that youare blessed with. he is maybe my favorite player of all time

NYYF MVP

Sometimes the best players are not the best coaches because it comes so easy to them but perhaps since Mo has helped other pitchers he might be the exception - he is after all an exceptional person but we don't have to think about this for a couple of years at least - maybe he can help make Joba the future closer!

NYYF Legend

Mo didn't seem to be a great motivator in game 7 2004. In the Olney book players said that they wish he never spoke and talked how God will determine their fate, rather then that they control it.

NYYF Legend

So that may be the reason why Vizcaino's been doing so well? Cool. I hope Mo doesn't pick favorites though, it'd be nice if he did that with most of our pitchers.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
    Mo didn't seem to be a great motivator in game 7 2004. In the Olney book players said that they wish he never spoke and talked how God will determine their fate, rather then that they control it.
    Wasn't that the Last Night of the Yankees Dynasty or whatever? That was about the 2001 World Series Game 7 I think.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
    Thats Game 7 of 2001...and thats complete BS..I've read many times that Mo is the most revered and respected player in the Yankee clubhouse, and how he's basicall a god to any young latin player, every word he speaks is like gospel. There have been numerous articles on this.

Thread Information