+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40

Thread: All-Star Thread

Re: All-Star Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future
    I definetly didnt enjoy the San Francisco fans booing Posada. That's like booing Jeter or Pettitte.
    I was surprised that they didn't boo Jeter or Arod when they were introduced. When I heard them boo Posada, I thought for sure they were going to boo Jeter & Arod, but surprisingly they didn't.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    You have nothing but respect for Jeter and Pettitte but not Posada... explain, please.
    I've always thought Posada was over-rated, and I felt he was a jerk. He's in the of things, running his mouth, etc. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Smith
    I've always thought Posada was over-rated, and I felt he was a jerk. He's in the of things, running his mouth, etc. Just my opinion.
    Posada was possibly the least overrated of all the Yankees. He was consistently one of the best catchers in the AL while Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera, Matsui, Sheffield...etc got all of the attention. How is he "running his mouth"? By yelling at Pedro after getting threatened with a pitch to the head? Oh and he devotes a large part of his salary and spare time to curing his son's tragic illness.

Sounds like a jerk to me
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by DkNNy79
    I was surprised that they didn't boo Jeter or Arod when they were introduced. When I heard them boo Posada, I thought for sure they were going to boo Jeter & Arod, but surprisingly they didn't.
    Did something happen with Posada when the Yankees played the Giants (or the A's, even?) Seems strange.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    Did something happen with Posada when the Yankees played the Giants (or the A's, even?) Seems strange.
    I don't think so. I always thought that Yankees were booed because they were Yankees.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    Posada was possibly the least overrated of all the Yankees. He was consistently one of the best catchers in the AL while Jeter, A-Rod, Rivera, Matsui, Sheffield...etc got all of the attention. How is he "running his mouth"? By yelling at Pedro after getting threatened with a pitch to the head? Oh and he devotes a large part of his salary and spare time to curing his son's tragic illness.

Sounds like a jerk to me

Truly.

I'd take one guy like Jorge before a basketful of most players today.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by blumj
    I figured it was just Yankee hatin' which I wear like a badge of honor, but they didn't give Jetes nor A-Rod near the business. Maybe they're jealous cause it was actually Jorge who hit the first ball into McCovey Cove during a exhibition game the year the dump opened.

NYYF Triple Crown

Sounds like a jerk to me
    You don't have to agree with me. He just rubs people the wrong way. Apparently, I'm not the only person who feels that way since he was jobbed so badly in SF.

I commend him for donating his salary. I personally don't have to like him as a ball player.

NYYF Legend

Hmm? I though I heard Arod and Jeter get booed. But maybe I just imagined it (I did happen to be on the phone at the time.)

NYYF Triple Crown

You don't have to agree with me. He just rubs people the wrong way. Apparently, I'm not the only person who feels that way since he was jobbed so badly in SF.

I commend him for donating his salary. I personally don't have to like him as a ball player.
    I'm not trying to convince but he's actually pretty underrated. Probably the most underrated on the team right now.

I can see why he may rub people the wrong way plus he gets irritated easily when Jeter or somebody else makes a joke at his expense.

Additionally, he doesn't usually get much attention and praise here except when he makes crucial errors in games.

He wasn't "jobbed so badly" there was a mix of cheers and boos, nothing like what the Dodgers got. He got the hisses because he was the first Yankee introduced. I doubt many of the people in the stands follow him particularly closely as a player.
    Face it, you picked one of the worst candidates for a fanboy vendetta.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

NYYF Triple Crown

He wasn't "jobbed so badly" there was a mix of cheers and boos, nothing like what the Dodgers got. He got the hisses because he was the first Yankee introduced. I doubt many of the people in the stands follow him particularly closely as a player.
    Face it, you picked one of the worst candidates for a fanboy vendetta.
    Absolutely not. If that was the case, I would have picked on Jeter. Part of the hatred is he has a knack of getting a hit at the worst time. His blooper in the '03 ALCS was typical crap. I was swearing at him to get a 'real hit'. All in good fun, though. A hit-is-a-hit. No biggie

As for this year, I think Posada has been exceptional. Unreal, to be honest. I always considered him a below-average catcher. That comes from comments from some of his pitchers. His bat? Dangerous.

I commend him for his charitable contributions, and also for his choice in women. I don't like him as a baseball player. Just my opinion. Sorry if that is considered a fanboy vendetta.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

He wasn't "jobbed so badly" there was a mix of cheers and boos, nothing like what the Dodgers got.
    I started laughing at the reaction to Lackey and K-Rod. Without 2002 at the fore of my mind, that caught me by surprise.

NYYF MVP

Absolutely not. If that was the case, I would have picked on Jeter. Part of the hatred is he has a knack of getting a hit at the worst time. His blooper in the '03 ALCS was typical crap. I was swearing at him to get a 'real hit'. All in good fun, though. A hit-is-a-hit. No biggie

As for this year, I think Posada has been exceptional. Unreal, to be honest. I always considered him a below-average catcher. That comes from comments from some of his pitchers. His bat? Dangerous.

I commend him for his charitable contributions, and also for his choice in women. I don't like him as a baseball player. Just my opinion. Sorry if that is considered a fanboy vendetta.
    Comments from what pitchers? I have never heard anything but praise for Posada from the Yankee pitchers. I'd like to see these comments if you have links for them.

What you've said is a perfectly legit reason to dislike a player. You can hate what the guy does on the field but you also called him a "jerk" and "running his mouth" which I felt were personal attacks with little basis.

NYYF Triple Crown

What you've said is a perfectly legit reason to dislike a player. You can hate what the guy does on the field but you also called him a "jerk" and "running his mouth" which I felt were personal attacks with little basis.
    I could even make it more petty, if you'd like: I think his ears are too big. I'm being totally serious here.

Not saying I'm rational, either!!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DkNNy79
    I don't think so. I always thought that Yankees were booed because they were Yankees.
    Exactly. Hating the Yankees has always been as American as apple pie for a long time.

Released Outright

I could even make it more petty, if you'd like: I think his ears are too big. I'm being totally serious here.

Oy.

NYYF Legend

I'm not being petty here... I think you've got a big mouth... or at least you like to run it. I'm being totally serious here.

NYYF MVP

That's pretty obvious.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    I'm not being petty here... I think you've got a big mouth... or at least you like to run it. I'm being totally serious here.

Thread Information