+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Rescue Me Season 4

Thought I would start this thread. Starts this Wednesday at 10 on FX, no longer on Tuesdays.

A very quality show. With summer TV being limited, this is one bright spot. I am not sure I like the Wednesday change but I will be watching.
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

NYYF Legend

Re: Rescue Me Season 4

I love Rescue Me but because of work I missed pretty much all of season 3. I need to play catch up quickly.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    I love Rescue Me but because of work I missed pretty much all of season 3. I need to play catch up quickly.
    Said it in another thread but season 3 is where I lost interest. It's too over-the-top unreal and ridiculous storylines. Season 1 was great and Tommy Gavin has potential to be one of the most interesting characters ever, but the plot lines are too silly in season 3. It was like Leary just wrote as many scenes where he hooks up with hot women as he could fit in to 12 shows.

I can't wait for "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" to return.

NYYF Legend

I am sooo looking forward to Rescue Me. I thought I had heard it was coming back on the 12th? Are they definitely going to start it on Wednesday?
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

I cannot wait until Wednesday. Rescue Me is one of the best shows on TV.
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

NYYF MVP

http://www.fxnetwork.com/

Definitely Wednesdays at 10.
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by powerpinstripes
    http://www.fxnetwork.com/

Definitely Wednesdays at 10.
    Ok, cool. I have to check my Tivo to make sure it's set up.
    Sometimes old season passes don't work when the new season starts for some reason.

I can't wait for the new season. Maybe it will help soften the blow of The Sopranos being gone. So obviously we know he lives and doesnt die in the burning house because the show is coming back and I've seen the previews.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Said it in another thread but season 3 is where I lost interest. It's too over-the-top unreal and ridiculous storylines. Season 1 was great and Tommy Gavin has potential to be one of the most interesting characters ever, but the plot lines are too silly in season 3. It was like Leary just wrote as many scenes where he hooks up with hot women as he could fit in to 12 shows.

I can't wait for "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" to return.
    I guess the show has always been unreal. I mean....Tommy has had full blown conversations with his dead cousin and Jesus Christ. I guess it got hokey during Season 3, but I want to watch it just to see what's happened with everyone.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic

I guess the show has always been unreal. I mean....Tommy has had full blown conversations with his dead cousin and Jesus Christ. I guess it got hokey during Season 3, but I want to watch it just to see what's happened with everyone.
    I kind of like the element of non-reality in it. It isn't as well done as Scrubs but I like it. You could argue its from Tommy's perspective and Tommy is completely insane and its just how he sees the world.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Love Rescue Me, can't wait for Wednesday!

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    I kind of like the element of non-reality in it. It isn't as well done as Scrubs but I like it. You could argue its from Tommy's perspective and Tommy is completely insane and its just how he sees the world.
    I don't think there's much of an argument on Tommy's mental state. Dude is nuts.
    Disco Stu:

teknetic

I dunno. I stopped watching after he hooked up with his brother's ex wife, maybe i'll rent the DVDs.

I like how he saw the ghosts of people he couldn't save. That was gripping and moving. Pseudo-raping his wife, and hooking up with nympho teens while strangely hot, was just beyond believable.

NYYF Legend

I don't think there's much of an argument on Tommy's mental state. Dude is nuts.
    A lot of people are nuts on that show. Look at Maggie and Sheila.

Leary is the only Boston fan I like...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN
    Leary is the only Boston fan I like...
    I never liked him before this show, and I probably should hate his character because he's such a jerk, but I love Tommy Gavin.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    I never liked him before this show, and I probably should hate his character because he's such a jerk, but I love Tommy Gavin.
    Me too!

28 in '12

His ex wife is sexy.

His ex wife is sexy.
    Yea she is.

Yea she is.
    But oh, such a bitch.

NYYF Legend

His ex wife is sexy.
    I can't stand that mole on her face. Drives me crazy.
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

NYYF Triple Crown

Well, I love this show, but also agree with Rhody: it got a little ridiculous in season 3. It's still awfully funny, and every once in a while has a moment or two of extreme power and depth: I re-watched the season finale from last year, and the scene in front of the 9/11 Memorial is just so raw and tough, it's amazing. Another is the scene at the beginning of that episode, when Tommy is reminiscing about the firehouse before 9/11, with Garrity and Franco as probies, and Jimmy laughing about the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBuckner
    I can't stand that mole on her face. Drives me crazy.
    Yea it kind of annoys me too. The hottest chick on the show though was Marissa Tomei last season.

NYYF Triple Crown

Yea it kind of annoys me too. The hottest chick on the show though was Marissa Tomei last season.
    By far. She was and is so damn hot.

NYYF Legend

But oh, such a bitch.
    That too!

28 in '12

Thread Information