+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1

    Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    AAA
    Sanchez
    Horne
    Kennedy
    Joba
    Olensdorf

    AA
    Garcia
    Marquez
    Kontos
    McCutchen
    Filler

    A
    Dellin
    Reyes
    Notron
    Brackman
    Pope

    Looking pretty good I'd say

  2. #2

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    AAA
    Sanchez
    Horne
    Kennedy
    Joba
    Olensdorf

    AA
    Garcia
    Marquez
    Kontos
    McCutchen
    Filler

    A
    Dellin
    Reyes
    Notron
    Brackman
    Pope

    Looking pretty good I'd say
    Sanchez will probably be out a bit longer. Marquez will probably be in AAA next year. I wouldn't be suprised if Sanchez is converted to a reliever now with all the starting pitching depth.

    You fogot about Nova and McAllister
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  3. #3

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    I dont think the Yanks want to give up on Sanchez that early. They might try him again after TJ and if he sticks he'll be a stud

  4. #4

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    I dont think the Yanks want to give up on Sanchez that early. They might try him again after TJ and if he sticks he'll be a stud
    You could be right, but I doubt we'll see Sanchez pitching in AAA until midseason of next year. He'll probably get some rehab starts in A or A+.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  5. #5

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    I thought Sanchez was due early next season?

    hmm I wonder if the Yanks will move Kennedy to AAA this year. That way he can replace any injured pitchers next season. Plus it makes room for Marquez if Sanches is healthy

  6. #6

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    I thought Sanchez was due early next season?

    hmm I wonder if the Yanks will move Kennedy to AAA this year. That way he can replace any injured pitchers next season. Plus it makes room for Marquez if Sanches is healthy
    Wouldn't it make more sense to move Horne since he has more AA innings under his belt.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  7. #7

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Hey I'm still wondering to this day why Horne isn't in AAA

    but the Yanks minor handing is weird

    Britton is in AAA in favor of erm Henn?

    Horne is still in AA

    Joba while dominating more than Kennedy is still in A

    If it was up to me Joba/Horne and Britton and probably Edwar Ram would get promoted

  8. #8

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    Hey I'm still wondering to this day why Horne isn't in AAA

    but the Yanks minor handing is weird

    Britton is in AAA in favor of erm Henn?

    Horne is still in AA

    Joba while dominating more than Kennedy is still in A

    If it was up to me Joba/Horne and Britton and probably Edwar Ram would get promoted
    Not to mention all these garbage minor league fillers are taking up spots in Scranton when the lower levels are overflowing.

  9. #9
    Be Smart! Buzah!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    It'll sort itself out and Horne and Marquez will probably end up in AAA this year if they are not part of a trade for a 1B. BTW, some of these pitchers will be traded.

  10. #10

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Not Horne please

    I love his potential

  11. #11

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    Not Horne please

    I love his potential
    Not to mention the patience the Yanks showed in handling him- he looked terrible this time last year. To have him make this much progress only to end up somewhere else would be a letdown.

  12. #12

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzah!
    It'll sort itself out and Horne and Marquez will probably end up in AAA this year if they are not part of a trade for a 1B. BTW, some of these pitchers will be traded.
    Not Alan.

    He has the makings of an ace.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  13. #13
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York, NY

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Where's Ivan Super Nova

  14. #14

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    if we trade horne and get a very useful part its a good thing. this depth is going to have to be traded at some point.

    either way i dont understand this thread haha

  15. #15

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Skars
    if we trade horne and get a very useful part its a good thing. this depth is going to have to be traded at some point.

    either way i dont understand this thread haha
    I don't want to trade Horne. After Hughes, Bentances, and Chamberlain he is probably our highest ceiling starter.

    Trade someone else.

    (Sanchez and Garcia don't count because they are injured). I haven't included Brackman either.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  16. #16

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Don't forget about White...Probably can plug him into AA or AAA.

  17. #17
    Grandish stupidpunchline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Nyack, New York

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

    AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

    AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

    A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

    A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidpunchline
    MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

    AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

    AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

    A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

    A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda
    Apart from the Marquez in the bullpent part, this looks about right.

  19. #19

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidpunchline
    MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

    AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

    AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

    A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

    A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda
    There is no way Steven White gets a spot over Marquez or Sanchez
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

  20. #20

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidpunchline
    MLB: Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Phil Hughes, Mike Mussina, Tyler Clippard/Kei Igawa

    AAA: Steven White, Alan Horne, Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Ross Ohlendorf - Bullpen: Humberto Sanchez, Jeff Marquez, Chase Wright

    AA: Christian Garcia, George Kontos, Brett Smith, Daniel McCutchen, Tim Norton - Bullpen: Steven Jackson

    A+: Dellin Betances, Zach McAllister, Andrew Brackman, Ryan Pope, Ivan Nova - Bullpen: Angel Reyes

    A-: Chris Carpenter, Greg Peavey, Daniel Mahoney, Domingo Cabrera, Manuel Barreda
    WOW!
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

  21. #21

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    domingo cabrera was released, FYI

  22. #22
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    brett smith will be 24 at the start of next season, and will be pitching for S/w-b...or for another organization. making him spin his wheels in trenton would be insanity.

  23. #23
    Grandish stupidpunchline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Nyack, New York

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo
    brett smith will be 24 at the start of next season, and will be pitching for S/w-b...or for another organization. making him spin his wheels in trenton would be insanity.
    He should hope for a trade, or for White/Ohlendorf/Wright to be traded. It's not a matter of ability, it's a matter of ludicrous depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

  24. #24
    Grandish stupidpunchline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Nyack, New York

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by ppa79
    There is no way Steven White gets a spot over Marquez or Sanchez
    I listed Marquez and Sanchez in the bullpen because that's where a lot people seem to think they're headed. Humberto could be a dominant set-up man or the successor to Mo. And every time I see a comparison for Marquez, it's always Ramiro Mendoza.
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

  25. #25
    Grandish stupidpunchline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Nyack, New York

    Re: Barring any injuries I've compiled our minors rotation for 08

    Quote Originally Posted by Skars
    domingo cabrera was released, FYI
    Duly noted.

    I couldn't think of another pitcher and I panicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts