+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 362 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 324 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 9031

Re: The Video Game Thread

Seems like I'm the only video game nerd that hasn't played Diablo. Kinda sucks I need to shell out $700+ for a machine to be able to play the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Seems like I'm the only video game nerd that hasn't played Diablo. Kinda sucks I need to shell out $700+ for a machine to be able to play the damn thing.
    They are talking console port for this one.

Finally was able to sit down and log a couple of hours for Diablo 3. This will have its claws in me for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

NYYF Legend

So E3 wasn't too bad this year.

I'm looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

It looks like Star Wars 1313 is trying to blatantly rip off the Uncharted series, but I'm all for that if they can do it well. I hated The Force Unleashed, but hey, I'm a Star Wars nerd...if it's remotely good I'll buy it, and probably enjoy it.

Also, the gameplay trailer for The Last of Us was probably one of the best trailers I've seen for any game...ever.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    So E3 wasn't too bad this year.

I'm looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls.

It looks like Star Wars 1313 is trying to blatantly rip off the Uncharted series, but I'm all for that if they can do it well. I hated The Force Unleashed, but hey, I'm a Star Wars nerd...if it's remotely good I'll buy it, and probably enjoy it.

Also, the gameplay trailer for The Last of Us was probably one of the best trailers I've seen for any game...ever.
    Uncharted rip-off set in Star Wars universe...sign me up!!!

Forum Regular

anyone see the watchdogs trailer? that game looks amazing

I really need to expand on my video game collection the only game I ever play is the show

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    anyone see the watchdogs trailer? that game looks amazing
    Yeah, that game looked really intriguing...need to see more though.

NYYF Cy Young

Just finished harley quinns revenge DLC for Arkham city...not bad, not great, probably not worth the 10 bucks but i did find one part amusing. There's a portion where you're on a timer, trying to defuse bombs. First time around, I didn't make it and the place blew up. At the continue screen it always has a hint. The hint here was "Hint: Defuse bombs before time expires".....thanks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by olgmvp View Post
    just finished harley quinns revenge dlc for arkham city...not bad, not great, probably not worth the 10 bucks but i did find one part amusing. There's a portion where you're on a timer, trying to defuse bombs. First time around, i didn't make it and the place blew up. At the continue screen it always has a hint. The hint here was "hint: Defuse bombs before time expires".....thanks.
    lmao.

Started playing Shadow of The Colossus last night. Never had I gotten my ass kicked in during a single player game as much as I did last night. One hour of essentially hanging (and repeatedly falling) off the leg of a giant while stabbing it with my sword. I didn't make it up much further than his shins. Truly embarrassing.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Maybe you're just a giant pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Started playing Shadow of The Colossus last night. Never had I gotten my ass kicked in during a single player game as much as I did last night. One hour of essentially hanging (and repeatedly falling) off the leg of a giant while stabbing it with my sword. I didn't make it up much further than his shins. Truly embarrassing.
    I know people who LOVE this game. Give us your take on it when you're done.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

There's a huge sense of accomplishment when you finally finish it. Also, you feel like an idiot for not figuring things out sooner. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    Maybe you're just a giant pussy.
    Your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I know people who LOVE this game. Give us your take on it when you're done.
    I got the ICO and SotC collection. I have no intention on playing ICO even though I've heard great things about it. But, yea, everyone whose played SotC seems to rave about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    There's a huge sense of accomplishment when you finally finish it. Also, you feel like an idiot for not figuring things out sooner. Lol.
    One thing I disliked was how the giant kept bleeding even with full health (after restarting the fight). Confused me a great deal

I got the ICO and SotC collection. I have no intention on playing ICO even though I've heard great things about it. But, yea, everyone whose played SotC seems to rave about it.
    I got bored with ICO and never finished.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I got bored with ICO and never finished.
    Same. I should probably go back to it again.. If The Last Guardian EVER comes out, I'll finish ICO before playing it.

NYYF Cy Young

Can anyone please recommend some good games for the 360 that have come out in the past year and a half or so? Multiplatform is okay, too, as my computer sucks too much for anything recent and my PS3 is used only for their exclusives. The most recent game I've played was Red Dead Redemption.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    Can anyone please recommend some good games for the 360 that have come out in the past year and a half or so? Multiplatform is okay, too, as my computer sucks too much for anything recent and my PS3 is used only for their exclusives. The most recent game I've played was Red Dead Redemption.
    Skyrim.

Is Diablo 3 any good?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Is Diablo 3 any good?
    I have not played since before the most recent patch, but I was kind of disappointed by it. It doesn't have the same feel getting that sweet sweet loot as Diablo II. Like the upgrades on equipment are all boring and there's no interesting effects, simply bigger numbers are better. Also the "legendaries (uniques)" are generally worse than the rares you find.

Add the fact that Blizzard has done nothing but silently nerf the classes recently, just so that their precious Inferno difficulty is only beatable by the select few who play the game hardcore enough (I think I read somewhere that they only wanted 5-10% of all players who play the game to be able to beat the mode), and you've got a recipe for disappointment. Since I last played tho, they toned down the difficulty of Act 2 and 3 of Inferno to be more like the better balanced Act 1, but I've already been jaded by their earlier tactics.

Also the stupid Real Money Auction House is a recipe for disaster and I've had a couple of friends who have been hacked and had their accounts wiped. This is despite even using Blizzard's authenticator for added security.

Found a Best buy gift card that I thought I had used already, so went their over the weekend and picked up Assassins Creed:Revelations and FF 13-2(on sale for $19.99), I didnt find FF13 as horrible as most people made it out to be. So figured 13-2 at $20 would be worth the value.

Liking AC:Rev so far. Havent tried FF13-2 yet.
    Last edited by DrNick; 07-03-12 at 09:18 AM.

NYYF Legend

couple random thoughts...

i bought Oblivion on the cheap the other day...cuz i'm stuck waiting on the DLC for Skyrim to drop on PS3...i started it up...and shut it down within 5 minutes. i just can't play games that dated any longer. Skyrim DESTROYS Oblivion..

i bought Uncharted 3 that day too. and i'm already finished with it. i loved every second of it, but it was much, much shorter than UC2. still i'd say it's worth my $.

oh and last thought. why the hell hasn't Star Wars managed to put out the Battlefront Series on the latest generation of consoles? Battlefront 2 was a masher - but it was FUN. get that up in HD?

come on George. get with the program.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    couple random thoughts...

i bought Oblivion on the cheap the other day...cuz i'm stuck waiting on the DLC for Skyrim to drop on PS3...i started it up...and shut it down within 5 minutes. i just can't play games that dated any longer. Skyrim DESTROYS Oblivion..

i bought Uncharted 3 that day too. and i'm already finished with it. i loved every second of it, but it was much, much shorter than UC2. still i'd say it's worth my $.

oh and last thought. why the hell hasn't Star Wars managed to put out the Battlefront Series on the latest generation of consoles? Battlefront 2 was a masher - but it was FUN. get that up in HD?

come on George. get with the program.
    Funny I was actually thinking about picking up Oblivion again b/c it's been so long and I wanted to play it while taking a break from Skyrim. I'm wondering if I'll feel the same way

Personally I was really disappointed in UC3, then again, I do think the first one was the best, but mostly b/c it was fresh and new. The second one was real good too, but then the 3rd one was just more of the same imo and nothing made it stand out from the other two.

Played through some of Max Payne 3, finally played some Halo 3 now that we got a 360. Just picked up Amazing Spider-Man, but I don't want to play it until after I see the movie. I'm hoping it's as good as Spider-Man 2 was or somewhere near it. I also want to get Harley's Revenge...Good ways to pass the time rather than studying for the boards or getting wedding/apartment planning done.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjf View Post
    Played through some of Max Payne 3, finally played some Halo 3 now that we got a 360. Just picked up Amazing Spider-Man, but I don't want to play it until after I see the movie. I'm hoping it's as good as Spider-Man 2 was or somewhere near it. I also want to get Harley's Revenge...Good ways to pass the time rather than studying for the boards or getting wedding/apartment planning done.
    Have you played other 360 titles? I'm asking because there's a slew of games you can get very cheaply that I can guarantee will destroy the Spider Man game.
    Team Northern Lights

Thread Information