+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 363 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: The Video Game Thread

Please add Resident Evil 4 as a must own Wii game.
    If you dont plan on winning, you might as well just go home -Derek Jeter

Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a great game.
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    Please add Resident Evil 4 as a must own Wii game.
    it's not must own because the gc/ps2 versions are basically the same. plus the wii controls for that game are just ok, and i actually prefer using the gc or ps2 controller to play it.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by mgpenguin
    I'm excited for Mass Effect next week.
    Mass Effect is an amazing game. The story is really good (what else to expect from BioWare), and the characters are all very easy to get attached to and identify with.

I'm about 10 hours into the game (would be more if i didn't have exams all last week), and there are so many side quests and planets to explore. Some may not enjoy the planet exploration because the planets are all pretty barren (except for enemies, and a few forms of wildlife). There are sidequests for basically every planet, though, and while none progress the main story, they're all very fun.

The graphics are really good. It runs on the same engine as gears of war, i believe, and has the same issues with textures not loading immediately (especially on armor), but I can easily overlook that.

The gameplay is really fun. I suggest turning on partner AI to Active, so you don't have to babysit them and they'll actually use their skills on their own. Fights can get challenging at times, especially if you're not careful and end up getting flanked. I wish you could choose more than two partners to take with you at a time, because I like all six of them.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2
    thegamev1.

I picked up Assassin's Creed Thursday, love it so far. The interaction with EVERYTHING around you is pretty incredible, and the graphics are truly mind boggling. Only thing I don't like about it is sometimes the downtime in storylines like when you're in the future and they're just talking...and talking...and talking... and the camera angles during some cutscenes.

Also picked up Super Mario Galaxy this week, and that too is incredible. For Wii fans everywhere, I think they should be happy that Nintendo FINALLY released another great game for the Wii after slacking a bit (to be honest with you, including this one there's only three must have games for the Wii: Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess with Super Smash Brothers Brawl becoming the fourth in February).

Assassin's Creed: 9/10
    Super Mario Galaxy: 10/10 (Seriously, this game is great).
    assassin's creed is pretty good, but i agree with the reviews that it gets pretty repetitive and the ending sucks balls. ending VERY abruptly and obviously setting up for a sequel

super mario galaxy is fun, but i've never been a huge fan of the mario games or platformers in general (except for megaman x and castlevania). it's actually overtaken zelda: ocarina of time as the highest rated game ever. It's at 97.9% over 31 reviews, while zelda was at 97.6% over 31 reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700
    it's not must own because the gc/ps2 versions are basically the same. plus the wii controls for that game are just ok, and i actually prefer using the gc or ps2 controller to play it.
    In my honest opinion its a must own for all 3 systems if you have them. Maybe i am just biased, but that is in my top 3 all time.

NYYF Cy Young

In my honest opinion its a must own for all 3 systems if you have them. Maybe i am just biased, but that is in my top 3 all time.
    it is an amazing game, i just didn't feel like it should be counted as a must own for the wii because it's crossplatform and a port from a last gen system and you can play the gc version on the wii.

it is an amazing game, i just didn't feel like it should be counted as a must own for the wii because it's crossplatform and a port from a last gen system and you can play the gc version on the wii.
    Thats true about the game cube version....and maybe now that Metriod is out is lowers it...but in my opinion if you bought a Wii when it dropped and you didnt have RE4....what the heck did you play???? Other than Twilight Princess, that was the ONLY other good title for Wii till Metriod and Mario..

so it was kinda a pretty strong base for that system

that said, i understand your reasoning, and as a video game afficionado myself, i kinda agree with you.

NYYF Legend

it's actually overtaken zelda: ocarina of time as the highest rated game ever. It's at 97.9% over 31 reviews, while zelda was at 97.6% over 31 reviews.
    I read about that. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. And I don't think Mario Galaxy could possibly pass it. Zelda actually got you into the story, there was a legit plot. Mario Galaxy is basically Mario 64 just in space. Ocarina had a great storyline and was just a muh better game.

Lets Get This Dog To Hunt! 51BWilliams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Anyone play bioshock>?
    I just completed this game this weekend. Fantastic thru and thru. If you haven't played System Shock 2, go get it, as the game is the same concept, same development team if I recall correctly, and is much much better. You can get a skin pack off the net for free to make it look more modern
    (Disclaimer: This post not subject to the irony of statements like 'Be careful what you wish for'. I will not be bitten in the ass without prior written consent)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    I read about that. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. And I don't think Mario Galaxy could possibly pass it. Zelda actually got you into the story, there was a legit plot. Mario Galaxy is basically Mario 64 just in space. Ocarina had a great storyline and was just a muh better game.
    Which I why I'm going to be incredibly hard on Galaxy. It better be pretty damn good to be rated higher than OoT...yikes.

But you're right. I generally don't compare my platformers to my RPGs since they're so different as far as structure goes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYDragoon
    Which I why I'm going to be incredibly hard on Galaxy. It better be pretty damn good to be rated higher than OoT...yikes.

But you're right. I generally don't compare my platformers to my RPGs since they're so different as far as structure goes.
    Well with all this debating i think we need to start listing top 10 favorite games of all time.

BTW. i count all the maddens and tiger woods as series. But not Final Fantasy's etc. because those games are all different, while Madden and Twoods is essentially the same game.

1 - Goldeneye
    2 - Final Fantasy 7
    3 - Resident Evil 4
    4 - The Ocarina of Time
    5 - Madden
    6 - Assassins Creed (and rising)
    7 - Twoods
    8 - Final Fantasy 12
    9 - GTA Vice City
    10 - Perfect Dark

NYYF Legend

1. Chrono Trigger
    T-1.Chrono Cross
    3. Ocarina of Time
    T-3.Kingdom Hearts
    5. Eternal Darkness
    6. Final Fantasy II
    7. Earthbound
    8. Final Fantasy III
    T-8.Final Fantasy VII
    10. Super Mario 64

NYYF Cy Young

As you can see, I had a tough time deciding:

1. Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
    2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    3. Goldeneye (N64)
    4. The Madden series
    5. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
    6. NHL 94 (Sega Genesis)
    7. Mike Tyson's Punch-out (NES)
    8. Super Mario World (SNES)
    9. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    10. Starfox 64 (N64)
    11. Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis)
    12. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)
    13. MVP Baseball 2005 (Gamecube)
    14. Perfect Dark (N64)
    15. Halo 2 (XBOX)

Honorable Mention: Grand Theft Auto III, Super Mario 64, Galaga, Metroid Prime, Tiger Woods, Super Mario Brothers (the original), Super Mario RPG, Streets of Rage II, Paper Mario, Sonic 3, the Tony Hawk Series, Super Smash Bros. Melee
    "Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier. The cigars taste better. The trees are greener." - Billy Martin

EQ2, pvp

NYYF Legend

I just got COD: 4 last week for my Xbox... I've played about half the single-player, which I love, but once I start playing multiplayer it's hard for me to go back... I love the multiplayer on this game.

NYYF Legend

Waited last night at Best Buy with my brother so he could pick up Rock Band for the 360. We didn't get too into it last night but so far it is really a lot of fun being able to not only play the guitar but also sing or play the drums.

Plus they also let me buy Live Free or Die Hard, so it was a good time waiting for the midnight opening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    I just got COD: 4 last week for my Xbox... I've played about half the single-player, which I love, but once I start playing multiplayer it's hard for me to go back... I love the multiplayer on this game.
    A few ppl have mentioned this game in this thread - what does COD stand for?

Call of Duty (I think).
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

CoD4 looks amazing and i might just pick that up for vaction since im gona be bored. assassins creed is also awesome, storyline, graphic, game play, excellent game, too bad no multiplayer.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    A few ppl have mentioned this game in this thread - what does COD stand for?
    Call of Duty... they've been doing WWII games for years and the latest installment is COD: 4 Modern Warfare.

Ace of the Staff JeterRodriguezSheff's Avatar

I had a choice between Mass Effect or Assassins creed, and after hearing how the latter was fun but repetitive, i opted to wait for that and picked up Mass Effect today. I am pleased with my decision, thus far the game is orgasmic.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JeterRodriguezSheff
    I had a choice between Mass Effect or Assassins creed, and after hearing how the latter was fun but repetitive, i opted to wait for that and picked up Mass Effect today. I am pleased with my decision, thus far the game is orgasmic.
    very good decision, you won't regret it. I'm about to finish my first playthrough with my paragon male spacer war hero soldier.

happy turkey day everyone

Well with all this debating i think we need to start listing top 10 favorite games of all time.
    1) Goldeneye
    2) Super Mario Bros. 3
    3) GTA Vice City
    4) Halo 2
    5) Tony Hawk Series
    6) Mortal Kombat II
    7) Perfect Dark
    8) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    9) WWF Rage in the Cage (Sega CD)
    10) Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    1) Goldeneye
    2) Super Mario Bros. 3
    3) GTA Vice City
    4) Halo 2
    5) Tony Hawk Series
    6) Mortal Kombat II
    7) Perfect Dark
    8) Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    9) WWF Rage in the Cage (Sega CD)