+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 366 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 322 362 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 9134
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Anyone play The Show 12?
    Yes, and it deserves more love around here!

Best one Iíve played in the series. Loving the new ball physics.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tabata View Post
    Yes, and it deserves more love around here!

Best one Iíve played in the series. Loving the new ball physics.
    Hows RTS? I last played I think 2010's and it got ridiculous. You would be asked to sac bunt (despite being a power hitter) and get hit with the first pitch and get benched because you didn't bunt.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    Hows RTS? I last played I think 2010's and it got ridiculous. You would be asked to sac bunt (despite being a power hitter) and get hit with the first pitch and get benched because you didn't bunt.
    RTS was completely re-vamped last year and it was LIGHT YEARS better than previous versions. I imagine this years is similar. You get point based on what you do and aren't really "told" to do anything. i.e. if you make an out but have a 6 pitch AB, you'll still get points because you had a good AB.

Devoted Member

So I've never played either Assassin's Creed. Would I be able to play/follow along with the 3rd, or do they follow a srict storyline? I wouldn't want to be totally lost if I decide to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    So I've never played either Assassin's Creed. Would I be able to play/follow along with the 3rd, or do they follow a srict storyline? I wouldn't want to be totally lost if I decide to buy it.
    It's best to start from the beginning because there is a strict storyline. The games are also great so you should play them all anyway.

Picked up The Show over the weekend. Last one I picked up was '09. What a difference. Also, picked up Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10 and $11 respectively. Really enjoying 1 so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Picked up The Show over the weekend. Last one I picked up was '09. What a difference. Also, picked up Bioshock 1 and 2 for $10 and $11 respectively. Really enjoying 1 so far.

IMO, the first BioShock is one of the best titles to date on this generation of consoles. I expect the same from Bioshock Infinite.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

I cannot recommend 'Journey' highly enough if you have a PS3. Extraordinary. Imagine a Hayao Miyazaki movie that you can interact with. The whole thing's only about 90 minutes long, but it may just be the best 90 minutes you ever spend playing a "game".

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    I cannot recommend 'Journey' highly enough if you have a PS3. Extraordinary. Imagine a Hayao Miyazaki movie that you can interact with. The whole thing's only about 90 minutes long, but it may just be the best 90 minutes you ever spend playing a "game".

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I've been debating whether or not to play it. Considering I have a 4 day weekend coming up I'll give it a try if I haven't wasted all my money on booze the first two days.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Legend

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    That's one heck of an endorsement. I'll check it out.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I've been debating whether or not to play it.
    Same here but now that Kevin says it is good...I'm going to try it.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Same here but now that Kevin says it is good...I'm going to try it.
    Wait, what did Kevin say? Kevin didn't say anything.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Wait, what did Kevin say? Kevin didn't say anything.
    OMG -- I totally misread the username!

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Heh. Now I just need to get Kevin to play and endorse it, and sales will really take off!

I don't want to mis-sell 'Journey' - it's not a game of skill, it's not very 'deep', and in some ways it's barely a game at all. But it is a simply stunning work of art, it's incredibly imaginative, it looks great and sounds better, and . . . well, I can't say it any less awkwardly than the conclusion is genuinely life-affirming.

I'm very interested in games and their history, and if there's any justice, this one will be one where you look back in 50 years and remember the first time you played it.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Heh. Now I just need to get Kevin to play and endorse it, and sales will really take off!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Much as I respect you, I'm sick of people getting us confused, Sax. You should really come up with like a signature sign-off phrase or something for your posts and clearly identify yourself at the end so that doesn't happen any more.
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

I don't want to mis-sell 'Journey' - it's not a game of skill, it's not very 'deep', and in some ways it's barely a game at all. But it is a simply stunning work of art, it's incredibly imaginative, it looks great and sounds better, and . . . well, I can't say it any less awkwardly than the conclusion is genuinely life-affirming.

I'm very interested in games and their history, and if there's any justice, this one will be one where you look back in 50 years and remember the first time you played it.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I knew that it wasn't a game of skill or anything but was still intrigued. And I still am even if it is only you endorsing it instaed of Kevin.

Much as I respect you, I'm sick of people getting us confused, Sax. You should really come up with like a signature sign-off phrase or something for your posts and clearly identify yourself at the end so that doesn't happen any more.
    Where is the middle finger smilie when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post

Where is the middle finger smilie when you need it?
    -Kevin

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Excellent idea.

-Saxmania

"My point is Billy Beane should never have written that book." Joe Morgan

THIS SPACE CURRENTLY FOR RENT: CALL SOMEONE WHO CARES

RIP, Pete

Devoted Member

Has anyone bought I Am Alive? I've read mixed reviews on it and don't know if I should buy or not.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    The last time I played was in 09 and it is better when it comes to stuff like that. I’m a power hitter and I’m never asked to bunt. When I am asked to hit and run I don’t lose points if I can’t put a ball into play. That said the game still does make some stupid decisions when it comes to playing and bench time.

I love the little details in this game though. While playing RTTS one game I was surprised when my player was wearing the number 42. Then I quickly noticed all the players were as well…. it was April 15th, Jackie Robinson Day.

NYYF Legend

so i'm still playing Skyrim.

i had killed a woman for another woman, who in turn falls into love with my character, so my character and her get married. turns out it's a good deal - she provides you with a home-cooked meal daily (helps stamina and health) and also kicks you down 100 gold daily from the profit of the small shop she runs.

we decided to live above the shop she runs in (forget name of city), as my two houses (Solitude and Whiterun) are kinda messy as i've just dumped weapons, armor, potions, books everywhere. figured i'd clean the places up somewhat first.

so i clean up my Solitude house and get it ready for the wench. i also advance the storyline in the 'Dark Brotherhood'. turns out i have to assassinate a woman getting married in Solitude. to send a message to the Emperor that we're after his head. good deal. i go to the ceremony, scope out a good position to perform the deed....put an arrow in her skull...the guests shriek. i take off like a banshee. kill a half dozen or so guards...get outside the city walls and head down a road. turns out at least a dozen guards are hot after my trail (you can see and hear them issueing threats at me)...i get to a fork in the road and up walks 'my wife'. 'i can't wait to see our new place in Solitude, my love'...

'yeah, about that. let's live in Whiterun instead....'

I need to finish up Skyrim. After pluggin in near 140 hours I needed a break. Now that I am done with Bioshock 1(fantastic game btw), it is time to finish up Skyrim.

If anyone is interested Amazon has FF 13-2 for $30. Seems to be getting a better response than what 13 got.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    It's best to start from the beginning because there is a strict storyline. The games are also great so you should play them all anyway.
    I played the second game befor ei played the first and It didn't ruin anything for me. However, I strongly suggest you go back and play them in order because the whole game will mean more and you'll get more from the games.

I need to get AC Revs asap as I haven't played that yet and I need to keep up with the series. Looks like I'm gonna have to get use to killing British soldiers again. Am disappointed they went to a period where guns are common place, even if they are one shot pieces.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    RTS was completely re-vamped last year and it was LIGHT YEARS better than previous versions. I imagine this years is similar. You get point based on what you do and aren't really "told" to do anything. i.e. if you make an out but have a 6 pitch AB, you'll still get points because you had a good AB.
    That's cool. I will pick a copy up before I leave the States. The last one I had was '10 and RTTS ended up becoming the only part I consistently played. Had two careers: one as a strong hitting shortstop who takes over from Jeter and another as a dominant starter. Lots of fun. When I get home, I'll sell that version for a decent price on eBay as getting hold of baseball games in the UK remains difficult.

Questions:
    Is there still only the two levels in the minors, or have they extended it to single A?
    Can you still chose the team you are drafted by?
    If you start a franchise, and they then update the rosters, can you update your rosters in the franchise or import a newly created player into the franchise?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    I need to finish up Skyrim. After pluggin in near 140 hours I needed a break. Now that I am done with Bioshock 1(fantastic game btw), it is time to finish up Skyrim.

If anyone is interested Amazon has FF 13-2 for $30. Seems to be getting a better response than what 13 got.
    I was trying to finish up Skyrim but then I took an arr....

Nevermind.

Thread Information