+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Predict when Roger will make his first start

My uncle isn't using his tickets for the 6/8 game against Pittsburgh, I was hoping this would be Rogers first start back because it is the first home game for him available to pitch..as well as starting him against the weak national league, I think some of this might have to do with our urgency to win against Boston and where we are in the standings when he is ready...I don't know if he will start in Chicago on the road, but then that could possibly set him up to pitch this game as well, or maybe Hughes, well I guy can hope can't he..

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: Predict when Roger will make his first start

I think he'll be back before then. He said the other day that he can see himself being back in 2-3 weeks.
    Life is good!

They were saying he will go to tampa on monday for a bullpen session, then prob later in the week or the following week throw a class A game..so if he throws a couple of more games he might be ready for that Boston series or series in chicago, but I waas thinking the Yanks might want his first start to be at home..

The Rocket is my Homeboy

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I think he'll be back before then. He said the other day that he can see himself being back in 2-3 weeks.
    I agree. June series against Boston. 6/2/07 3:55pm (et)
    [SIZE=3]"[/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]Managing is getting paid for home runs someone else hits.[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3]" - Casey Stengel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][URL="http://www.projecta13.com/index.html"]Refuse to Boo '07[/URL][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE] [/FONT][/SIZE][COLOR=Black][B][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][URL="http://http//forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=97485"]
    [/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankswn23
    My uncle isn't using his tickets for the 6/8 game against Pittsburgh, I was hoping this would be Rogers first start back because it is the first home game for him available to pitch..as well as starting him against the weak national league, I think some of this might have to do with our urgency to win against Boston and where we are in the standings when he is ready...I don't know if he will start in Chicago on the road, but then that could possibly set him up to pitch this game as well, or maybe Hughes, well I guy can hope can't he..
    i'm hoping it's June 8th because I have tickets for that game.

Released Outright

I have tickets that day as well but I would love to get him sooner. If his first start is that late, it means things aren't going as well as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I have tickets that day as well but I would love to get him sooner. If his first start is that late, it means things aren't going as well as planned.
    Thats not true because even if he is progressing they said he could take 3-4 starts before he is ready, at that pace if he waits 5 days in between each start you are looking at the chicago series..so it is possible for them to hold him out to open at home..but i am thinking that they will start him on Sunday against the sox that early june series, depending on how the series is going..

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

They were saying he will go to tampa on monday for a bullpen session, then prob later in the week or the following week throw a class A game..so if he throws a couple of more games he might be ready for that Boston series or series in chicago, but I waas thinking the Yanks might want his first start to be at home..
    Hmm. If he pitches for Tampa, they are coming down to my area the week of May 23.
    Life is good!

very possible...good luck..I am in Delaware, but I will go and try to see him pitch in trenton when he comes there

Originally I thought June 8th but with the reports that he is ahead of schedule and making his first minor league start soon I now think that his first start will be May 26th or 27th with him setup to pitch in Fenway for his 2nd start. My guess is he makes about two minor league starts then for his first start is held to a pitch count of about 80.

If he is not ready for the Angels series I think the Yanks will hold him back until June 8th. I think his first start is almost definitely going to be at home and I really doubt that the team would let him make his debut in Fenway. If he wants to pitch in Fenway for that series he has to pitch against the Angels at home first.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714
    Originally I thought June 8th but with the reports that he is ahead of schedule and making his first minor league start soon I now think that his first start will be May 26th or 27th with him setup to pitch in Fenway for his 2nd start. My guess is he makes about two minor league starts then for his first start is held to a pitch count of about 80.

If he is not ready for the Angels series I think the Yanks will hold him back until June 8th. I think his first start is almost definitely going to be at home and I really doubt that the team would let him make his debut in Fenway. If he wants to pitch in Fenway for that series he has to pitch against the Angels at home first.
    well he prob wont make his first start until sometime next week, and Im sure it will be a brief appearance..he will prob make another start the following week..in AA, then maybe another start in AAA the next week..so he wouldnt make that start against the Angels unless he skipped a AA or AAA start which I highly doubt..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    Hmm. If he pitches for Tampa, they are coming down to my area the week of May 23.
    I'd gue$$ he'll only pitch at home game$ while he'$ working hi$ way through the farm $y$tem.

I think he'll either pitch one of the games in Boston or he'll pitch at home vs. the Pirates. I don't understand the whole "don't throw him to the wolves" thing if he starts in Boston. If he's ready, he's ready and he should pitch. Who cares about the drama? If he can't handle starting in Boston, which I don't think is the case, then the Yankees have bigger problems to worry about.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69
    I'd gue$$ he'll only pitch at home game$ while he'$ working hi$ way through the farm $y$tem.

I think he'll either pitch one of the games in Boston or he'll pitch at home vs. the Pirates. I don't understand the whole "don't throw him to the wolves" thing if he starts in Boston. If he's ready, he's ready and he should pitch. Who cares about the drama? If he can't handle starting in Boston, which I don't think is the case, then the Yankees have bigger problems to worry about.
    I Don't think of it as a hurt his ego thing as opposed to boost bostons, his first start might be a lil rusty, if boston can somehow pull off the game we will never hear the end of it.. oh and since I have tickets for June 8th at home thats when i want him to start... lol

NYYF Triple Crown

I am hoping for May 27th vs Angels since I have tickets to that game.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

well he prob wont make his first start until sometime next week, and Im sure it will be a brief appearance..he will prob make another start the following week..in AA, then maybe another start in AAA the next week..so he wouldnt make that start against the Angels unless he skipped a AA or AAA start which I highly doubt..
    True him starting on the 26th or 27th would mean he'd get only 2 minor league starts. However I figure that if he feels really good you could almost substitute the start against the Angels for either his AA or AAA start. He'd be limited to a certain pitch count but would get in work against major leaguers. Much like how the team has handeled Moose recently in his recovery from injury. However this situation does assume that pretty much everything goes right for him in the upcoming weeks. If not I think he'll be pushed back to the June 8th.

I think he makes his first start at home not so much to protect his ego but for publicity, for the Yankee fans, and so that Roger is honored in his return the way he should be to a sold out Yankee stadium crowd and to several standing ovations.

Assuming it won't throw his training schedule out of whack and he's physically up to it, he's such a competitor and so thrives on drama, it would not surprise me if he either starts one of the May 21-23 games against Boston (a couple of innings, like an All-Star game start, with one of our good young starters, Rasner, maybe, taking over, or maybe a one-inning appearance in relief of the starter, later in the game, replacing his bullpen throw session). Might be a little too soon, and he certainly wouldn't want to be rushed, but wouldn't it be great fun to see?

NYYF Legend

I think Roger will only pitch when he feels he can go at least 6 innings so I am guessing he makes his first start against the White Sox around June 5.

NYYF Legend

June 1st.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    i'm hoping it's June 8th because I have tickets for that game.
    Me too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun4013
    I am hoping for May 27th vs Angels since I have tickets to that game.
    Oh me too. Either May 27th or June 8th would be great.

Forum Regular

6-6 or 6-7, because I will be there. But then im going back to NY for the 6-14, 15, 16 & 17 games so I have a pretty good chance at catching him.
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/yankeeslb7ce5si0.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/ubnyi04ta8.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/live2cd2/Lost_bar.gif[/IMG]

I have tickets to the May 26th game, but honestly I don't really care because I'll just end up buying tickets to whatever game is his first start unless it is in Chicago or something.

Hey, all I said was "Ha!" yankeefreak04's Avatar

I would like to see him go on June 6 in Chicago for two reasons...

1. I will be there...
    2. It is my birthday...
    "God, I hope I wear this jersey forever." - Derek Jeter
    (animated image removed by mod - caused excessive page load times. Please refrain from using them...oh, and feel free to change your sig and remove this message.
    REFUSE TO BOO 2009 - Support A-Rod!

HA!

NYYF Legend

According to my latest Yankee alert on my cell phone (ya, I'm a loser) the prediction is the 3 game series with Boston June 1-3....I seriously doubt that but that's what I'm told.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

With they way Roger is, I'd be very surprised if he didn't make his first start in Boston.

Thread Information