+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Who feels bad for Chase Wright?

I agree with him, and so I will quote what Jglaubman said in tonights (4/22) game thread.

C'mon, this guy was not supposed to be NEAR the Major Leagues this year.
    He should be in NJ (or whever he lives, in Texas actually) right now. Not Boston pitching against the Red Sox.

Now, many will say they don't feel bad because once you are in the majors pitching, then you should be able to handle the pressure.

I disagree with a statement like that. Wright hasn't pitched above Double A. That being said, sure, it's his fault, but it's a shame at that. He shouldn't have been in Boston tonight.

I hope Chase isn't scarred for life because of this. I could see him being a decent pitcher in the majors, when he is really ready for that level.

So, anyone else feel bad for Chase?

Yanked Out Of The Womb nyctalopia's Avatar

Re: Who feels bad for Chase Wright?

nope. he was just not good at all tonight.
    WELCOME JOE.

I do. Was the game thread too full or something? Where'd it go ...

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

what a stupid thread, we know what happened... there's a game on thread and it's obvious it sucked, but to start a thread just to ask if you feel bad for him?

gimme a break.
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

I don't understand how it's a "stupid thread", but whatever.

You can have a discussion on it. Maybe not a long one, but you can have one about it.

Released Outright

Why should I feel bad for him? He set a record tonight. How many pitchers can say they've ever done that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod
    Why should I feel bad for him? He set a record tonight. How many pitchers can say they've ever done that?

NYYF MVP

I think someone should have told him to throw a pitch or two in the dirt after the first two homers. I'm not one for throwing at someone. After all, the current batter is not at fault if the two previous guys hit homers.

Do I feel bad for him. Only that he'll be taking buses and trains for a while now instead of planes. He's on his way down as of tomorrow.
    [B]Rocky Colavito was a colorful ballplayer that I would love to see in the Hall of Fame. He had a rifle of an arm and hit 374 lifetime home runs, none of them with a corked bat, either. He finished his career as a member of the New York Yankees and retired the same year as Mickey Mantle.[/B]

Hopefully he doesn't let it get to him. He should realize how blessed he is to have had the opportunity to pitch in Fenway as part of the greatest rivalry in sports history. No, it didn't go well, but neither did Melky in 2005....

Why feel bad? you should be proud of his courage. You know he is not at this level, he was doomed before he took the mound. He still went there and pitched.
    You should feel bad for the team why Wright is the only guy could start.

NYYF Legend

I do not. He should have put one up and in on one of the guys. He sees 2 of our guys get hit, he gives up back to back HR's, and he doesn't go up and in on one of their guys?
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Cy Young

I don't feel bad for him. I didn't expect him to dominate, but 4 straight homers? That's an embarrassment, especially since he had a start under his belt.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I do not. He should have put one up and in on one of the guys. He sees 2 of our guys get hit, he gives up back to back HR's, and he doesn't go up and in on one of their guys?
    He should have just drilled Varitek, after giving up the third HR.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Not me!

Not me. 4 straight homers. That's bad, even for a AA pitcher

Nope. It didn't kill him, so I'm thinking it might make him stronger.
    "The only way you're gonna beat the Yankees is you're gonna outscore 'em."

BBTN's own Jeff Brantley

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaYanks24
    I don't feel bad for him. I didn't expect him to dominate, but 4 straight homers? That's an embarrassment, especially since he had a start under his belt.
    I think people have way to high expectations on this kid. C'mon man he's a spot starter and has made ONE start. He only had two starts in AA. I expected him to get hit hard. Anything else would have been a bonus. To put those expectations on a kid that has made only 3 starts above A ball level is unfair.
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"]There are many reasons why the Yankees have won so much since 1995, but this is above all others: They have Mariano Rivera and no one else does.[/FONT][/B]

NYYF Triple Crown

After the 2nd homer he should have drilled someone. Is that wrong? Maybe, but it would have worked.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

I'm pretty sure a 78-year-old elderly man using a walker could navigate his way through a major-league lineup without giving up four consecutive home runs.

I don't feel sorry for him because he wasn't smarten enough to keep at least one of those drives in the same zip code.

NYYF Cy Young

I don't feel bad for someone who gets to play baseball professionally for the Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Suzyn just said on the WCBS postgame that Wright will get another start.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz
    Suzyn just said on the WCBS postgame that Wright will get another start.
    Everything is subject to change.
    Fire Cashman!

NYYF Cy Young

Well tonight's performance will likely Chase him Wright back to the minors.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Allan
    Well tonight's performance will likely Chase him Wright back to the minors.
    So? He's not really any good

Quote Originally Posted by Michael®
    I'm pretty sure a 78-year-old elderly man using a walker could navigate his way through a major-league lineup without giving up four consecutive home runs.

I don't feel sorry for him because he wasn't smarten enough to keep at least one of those drives in the same zip code.
    "Smarten"? Before insulting someone else's intelligence, it might not be a bad idea to check your spelling. Rocks and glass houses, ya know. The player-bashing in the game threads is bad enough, is it really necessary to carry it over here?
    "The only way you're gonna beat the Yankees is you're gonna outscore 'em."

BBTN's own Jeff Brantley

Thread Information