+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Montreal and Quebec City Hotels

So I'm planning a little vacation for next month as a graduation gift for my fiance. We're going to drive up to Montreal for 3-4 days then make the trip up to visit Quebec City for another 2-3 days. I'm wondering if any of you have had good/bad experiences at any hotels in either city. We're looking for hip/fun hotels not really business type hotels or flea traps. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Also if you have any tips on bars, restaurants, things to see/do.

Thanks,
    Botz
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

Re: Montreal and Quebec City Hotels

You can get some amazing student rates. Me and 4 friends went up to montreal for 3 days, everything included was $99 (bus, hotel, breakfast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Hunka Hunka Hot Monkey Love! mitchrock's Avatar

It's French-Canada, just shoot your self now.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock
    It's French-Canada, just shoot your self now.

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBotz
    So I'm planning a little vacation for next month as a graduation gift for my fiance. We're going to drive up to Montreal for 3-4 days then make the trip up to visit Quebec City for another 2-3 days. I'm wondering if any of you have had good/bad experiences at any hotels in either city. We're looking for hip/fun hotels not really business type hotels or flea traps. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Also if you have any tips on bars, restaurants, things to see/do.

Thanks,
    Botz
    Go-Montreal.com....or PM me ...I go to Quebec City often.

Hunka Hunka Hot Monkey Love! mitchrock's Avatar

On a serious note, you'll love Montreal, one of the best cities I ever visited. Wished I could remember the name of the hotel I stayed at. Just remembered it had circular windows and a great view of the city.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

If you tell me you're going the weekend of June 10th, I just may do myself in.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

When I visited Quebec City, I stayed in a hotel right near the mall with the skating rink. Don't remember the name of the hotel, but it was nice and wasn't too expensive.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso
    If you tell me you're going the weekend of June 10th, I just may do myself in.

I`ll be there thinking about you.VVVVVRROOOMMM....VVVRROOMMMM!!!!!!!!

I don't know about the hotels but just be careful about where you park your car. I won't name any names, but I hear cars somehow get lost.

NYYF Legend

Quebec? I'm sure glad no one from there posts here. Drunken snobs.
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Toaderly
    I don't know about the hotels but just be careful about where you park your car. I won't name any names, but I hear cars somehow get lost.
    Hey!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillBuckner
    Quebec? I'm sure glad no one from there posts here. Drunken snobs.
    Hey!!!!....HIC!!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    Hey!!!!....HIC!!!
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

Been to both cities - Montreal twice and Quebec City once. The better of the two hotels I stayed at in Montreal was the Marriott Chateau Champlain. It may be a somewhat generic Marriott in terms of rooms and layout but it was clean, the service was good and beds were comfortable. When I visited Quebec City I stayed at what was supposedly the nicest place there, La Chateau Frontenac. Simply put: overrated. Save yourself a couple of hundred bucks per night and go somewhere else. There are several brand-name hotels nearby, all of which cost much less than the Frontenac.

By the way, when in Quebec City I highly recommend drinking the many outstanding beers the city has to offer. Good stuff!

James

NYYF Legend

I love both cities. I have no hotel to recommend, I've just gone with the best rate out there. That said, the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal is good if there is a discount rate. Agree that the Frontenac is over-priced, but I had to see it. Too many bus people....I hate bus people (apologies to those Yankee fans who do bus tours).

Quebec is a walking city--like Paris, but filled with NICE French-speaking people. Spend one day meandering UP through the city towards the battlefield/park on top of the mountain, then take the cliffside boardwalk DOWN back to the center city. Another day, ride the funicular down to the lower city--great restaurants down there.

In Montreal, I recommend the Botanical Garden--one of the nicest I have seen anywhere. You can tack on the view from the Olympic Tower, the Bioshere, (both worth doing) and a peek at the worst venue to host a baseball team EVER. (It's at the base of the tower and comes free with the other stuff). Check out St. Cathereine at night--but don't try to park there. I ran up a few hundred in parking tickets--now I can't go back in that car. Of course, you have to do the old city and the waterside--consider boat trip. If you ride bikes, rent some down by the boat docks and ride along the river and the canal (go with wind along river and against coming back on the more sheltered canal--spectacular! Very bike-friendly city--get the special bike map the city puts out.

Next time, add a few days, and go further down the river--stay at a B&B in La Malbaie (Auberge sur La Cte is great), ride bikes on Isle aux Coudres, see the whales at Tadoussac (spectacular) and check out the artist colony at Baie St. Paul. Gamble at the Chateau Richilieu if that's your thing. Just bring your French--although you can survive without it. I love this area (the Charlevoix).
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Cy Young

Thanks for all of your replies. And no I won't be there in June, we're going at the end of May.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBotz
    Thanks for all of your replies. And no I won't be there in June, we're going at the end of May.
    Just remember the 21st of May is a Holiday. Rates may go up that week-end but after that you`re Ok till Grand Prix week-end.

See if there are any promotions or specials at the Chateau Frontenac. I stayed there about ten years ago, truly nothing quite like it.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Thread Information