+ Reply to Thread

BJ Ryan hurts elbow!

I had the feeling something was up once I saw how he was spanked around yesterday and his earlier blown save.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2838176
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Re: BJ Ryan hurts elbow!

That's too bad. I hope he's back to 100% by December.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

For their sake, it better only be a sprain. If it turns into something major (TJ surgery), it will be the perfect example of why you don't sign relievers to 5 year deals. Especially ones that throw the ball with a motion that lead many people to believe he would hurt his arm.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Legend

Shawn Marcum got the save for the Jays today, so I assume that he will be their new closer?
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Shawn Marcum got the save for the Jays today, so I assume that he will be their new closer?
    It's weird - I read everywhere that Frasor will be the closer (and picked him up in two fantasy leagues), but for some reason Marcum got the save. Maybe Frasor worked 2 consecutive days prior to today?

Released Outright

Is it just me or does it seem odd that his elbow had been sore for a couple of weeks and they were just monitoring it? It seems like some tests would have been done sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    It's weird - I read everywhere that Frasor will be the closer (and picked him up in two fantasy leagues), but for some reason Marcum got the save. Maybe Frasor worked 2 consecutive days prior to today?
    His game log:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/player...g?statsId=7310

He worked 1.1 innings. I think he'll end up being their closer, so I'd hold onto him for now.
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

NYYF Legend

he went to see dr. james andrews, and that's never a good thing...
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    Is it just me or does it seem odd that his elbow had been sore for a couple of weeks and they were just monitoring it? It seems like some tests would have been done sooner.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that. Different organizations, different philosophies I guess.
    It's clearly Joe's fault that everything is A-Rod's fault -- [URL="http://forums.nyyfans.com/member.php?u=12871"][SIZE=1]jeterismyhomebo[/SIZE]y[/URL]

Mr. Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    he went to see dr. james andrews, and that's never a good thing...
    Especially if you don't have health insurance.

He's out 4-6 weeks.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Reed Johnson & Troy Glaus put on the DL today too. They're almost as hurt as the Yankees are.

Quote Originally Posted by stevece80
    Especially if you don't have health insurance.
    AFLAC!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Reed Johnson & Troy Glaus put on the DL today too. They're almost as hurt as the Yankees are.
    I dunno about almost . Yankees are easily twice as battered .
    Studying for the USMLE Step 2 Exam, but still cheering hard for the Yankees.
    The reason Kei Igawa looked so good in Japan: [URL="http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html"]http://www.addictinggames.com/shockwavestadiumbaseball.html[/URL]

this is a huge blow for them. wow

NYYF MVP

BUMP

Suzyn Waldman just announced on the air of the Yankee game that BJ Ryan needs Tommy John surgery. Yikes
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpinstripes
    BUMP

Suzyn Waldman just announced on the air of the Yankee game that BJ Ryan needs Tommy John surgery. Yikes
    Isn't it generally 2 years until pitchers are back to themsleves after TJ surgery?
    That will def. suck big time for Toronto.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget
    Isn't it generally 2 years until pitchers are back to themsleves after TJ surgery?
    Generally speaking, not unless he has a setback, but he's going to be gone for the rest of this year and I would bet somewhere close to half of next at the least. I am grateful the Sox won't be facing him any time soon, but I didn't want to see him have to go through that. When hes on, hes absolutely filthy. HUGE blow to the Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget
    It might help them in the long run, though, as pitchers generally gain velocity after TJS.

A B.J. Ryan who throws harder than B.J. Ryan would not be a pleasant experience for the rest of the division.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by hunter05
    Generally speaking, not unless he has a setback, but he's going to be gone for the rest of this year and I would bet somewhere close to half of next at the least. I am grateful the Sox won't be facing him any time soon, but I didn't want to see him have to go through that. When hes on, hes absolutely filthy. HUGE blow to the Jays.
    Very huge blow. Would not wish it upon any player or any team.

Quote Originally Posted by YASS
    It might help them in the long run, though, as pitchers generally gain velocity after TJS.

A B.J. Ryan who throws harder than B.J. Ryan would not be a pleasant experience for the rest of the division.
    2 years to get back to full strength, $22 million, and he'll be 2 years older. More bad than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42
    2 years to get back to full strength, $22 million, and he'll be 2 years older. More bad than good.
    Probably so, but they're claiming he'll be back for spring training in '08. I don't know why they'd say such a thing given the usual recovery time from TJS is about 18 months, but I'll take them at their word.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    AFLAC!!!!
    What insurance?

ALFAC!!!!!
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

"Since the invention of the breaking ball, there has been no more significant development in baseball than Tommy John surgery." --Will Carroll, Saving the Pitcher

If B.J. Ryan has a successful rehab after the surgery and he's on his game, it's bad news for the Blue Jay's opponents.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Thread Information