+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where is Chuck Knoblauch?

I admit that I didn't keep track of Chuck Knoblauch after he left the Yankees. I'm wondering - does anyone know what happened to him, what he's up to these days, and whether he's still in the New York area?

Chuck's father passed away from Alzheimer's as did Michael Kay's mother. Are there any other Yankees who might have been touched by this disease?

This is for some research I'm doing. Thanks!
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Re: Where is Chuck Knoblauch?

This doesn't give a lot of info, but it's something on Knoblauch

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happe...huck_Knoblauch
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

NYYF Legend

Wow I can't believe he was only 33 when he retired.
    “I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.”
    - Billy Martin

That's an interesting article on Knoblauch, I never knew about his connection with Bubba. On a slightly off-topic note, I hear Chad Curtis is a high school teacher and baseball coach in Michigan and Brosius is a college coach out in Oregon.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Where is Chuck Knoblauch? Teaching little-leaguers the art of throwing to first base.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BillBuckner
    Me too. He went from an AllStar to out of baseball really quickly.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BillBuckner
    Like Mike Greenwell. 33. A very old 33.

Changed the I into an A.
    Last edited by Dave Visbeck; 04-04-07 at 01:17 PM.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

NYYF Legend

Maybe he'll be at old timer's day soon.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I don't think discussing a player's(current or former) non baseball life is allowed. Let's hope the mods don't find this thread.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    I don't think discussing a player's(current or former) non baseball life is allowed. Let's hope the mods don't find this thread.

Why not? There are many examples where a players (current or former) non baseball life is discussed. One glaring example is the "Pray for Bobby" thread. As long as we aren't tearing someone apart, what's the problem?

Oops, I better go ban myself.

Actually, what we don't want is discussion of their current, present or future significant others. Those discussions never end well.
    [URL="http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/"]http://www.aplaceformyphotos.com/blog/[/URL]

I do not post on NoMaas. That silverdsl is not this silverdsl.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Like Mike Greenwell. 33. I very old 33.
    Chuck certainly wasn't an old 33. He still has a lot of youthful years left to do a lot of youthful activities. His problem was that he let his throwing problems get into his mind.
    I would bet if he played in an Independant league such as my local Somerset Patriots he would be a perennial all star with his yips solved.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome
    Chuck certainly wasn't an old 33. He still has a lot of youthful years left to do a lot of youthful activities. His problem was that he let his throwing problems get into his mind.
    I would bet if he played in an Independant league such as my local Somerset Patriots he would be a perennial all star with his yips solved.

Andy

Sad about him ... I mean it. It's kind of like what a bunch of golfers go through with putting. Seems like Tom Weiskopf comes to mind as just one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyankee
    Why not? There are many examples where a players (current or former) non baseball life is discussed. One glaring example is the "Pray for Bobby" thread. As long as we aren't tearing someone apart, what's the problem?
    you forgot to turn on your sarcasm switch today.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

NYYF Legend

Wasn't he at the July 1st game, or was that Leyritz?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    you forgot to turn on your sarcasm switch today.

I thought so. Wifey has been on me to be less sarcastic, so I'm trying to be nicer. It's just not practical.

Released Outright

I tried giving it (sarcasm) up for Lent - it's hard!

Back to the subject of this thread - I liked Knobby, particularly his scrapiness. It's a real shame how his career nose-dived. It almost reminds me of A-Rod - Knoblauch was a terrific player until he came to The Yankees. He was never the same once he got here, but he still contributed mightily to some of those great teams. Everybody remembers Tino's homerun in Game 1 of the '98 World Series, but it was Knoblauch's 3 run shot before it that tied the game. I also remember an at-bat he had in Cleveland during the ALCS that year, in (I think) Game 5, a game The Yanks had to win but were losing, when he battled the pitcher and got a walk. It was a pivotal play and showed a lot of stick-to-it-tiveness, especially after the "Blauch-head" play he made a couple of games before. It's really too bad he had such a quick and unpredictable end to his career.

One other comment - what do you mean we cannot discuss a player's pre or post playing career in this forum? This forum is beginning to have more rules than a kindergarten class!

Devoted Member
    Viva Las Vegas, 2539 miles from Yankee Stadium

So, has anyone found anything? Where is he?
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5]REFUSE TO BOO!!![/SIZE][/FONT]

"Mariano Rivera might do his job better than any other athlete in history of team sports." - Peter Abraham

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I think he threw himself in the stands.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I think he threw himself in the stands.
    Probably missed.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    Probably missed.

Well done.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb

Back to the subject of this thread - I liked Knobby, particularly his scrapiness. It's a real shame how his career nose-dived. It almost reminds me of A-Rod - Knoblauch was a terrific player until he came to The Yankees. He was never the same once he got here, but he still contributed mightily to some of those great teams. Everybody remembers Tino's homerun in Game 1 of the '98 World Series, but it was Knoblauch's 3 run shot before it that tied the game. I also remember an at-bat he had in Cleveland during the ALCS that year, in (I think) Game 5, a game The Yanks had to win but were losing, when he battled the pitcher and got a walk. It was a pivotal play and showed a lot of stick-to-it-tiveness, especially after the "Blauch-head" play he made a couple of games before. It's really too bad he had such a quick and unpredictable end to his career.

One other comment - what do you mean we cannot discuss a player's pre or post playing career in this forum? This forum is beginning to have more rules than a kindergarten class!

What? How in the world can you mention Knoblauch and Arod in the same comparative sentence? I'll make an exception. Once again, I missed the sarcasm?

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb

This is the fate of alot of big name players who sign or get traded here. Look at Cecil Fielder, Denny Neagle, Jack Mcdowell and Terry Mulholland. They literally leave here defeated. You might as well put Pavano on that list as well. He won't last long in the majors after the yanks get rid of him.

NYYF Legend

What? How in the world can you mention Knoblauch and Arod in the same comparative sentence? I'll make an exception. Once again, I missed the sarcasm?
    I see what he meant. A successful player coming to NY at a time when winning is the only acceptable result can be very damaging to the player's psyche, as seen with both Knoblauch and A-Rod. I'm not saying they are on the same level, but their scenerios are still similar. When Chuck came over in '98, he was looked upon as the final piece of the puzzle, as Alex was in a way. The big difference between the two, other than salary and overall ability, was their supporting cast. Knoblauch was blessed with a much "better team" than A-Rod was. The success of the Yankees in the late 90's overshadowed the breakdown of his game. I don't recall a lot of people at the time saying, "Oh poor Knobby just can't handle the Big Apple", because they were winning regardless. Lets say for instance, if the Yankeees didn't collapse in '04 and went on to finish of Boston and win the World Series, I guarantee you that most of this heat on A-Rod wouldn't exist today.
    “I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.”
    - Billy Martin

NYYF Legend

What, you don't remember the Knoblauch MVP?

Thread Information