+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

YES HD added to Direct TV

Good news, DTV has added YES HD as a full time channel and will have its own dedicated slot as opposed to being on channels 95/96. I'm curious though if all road games will be broadcast now or just select games?

You can find the channel by going to

622 YES
    622 HD

NYYF Legend

Re: YES HD added to Direct TV

Quote Originally Posted by ny
    Good news, DTV has added YES HD as a full time channel and will have its own dedicated slot as opposed to being on channels 95/96. I'm curious though if all road games will be broadcast now or just select games?

622 YES
    622 HD

Is that for out of market viewers too?

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonNY15

Heidi
    I guess only if you have the MLB package butyou may want to check out AVS forum and ask that question there as Im sure you'll get the right answer.

NYYF Legend

I guess only if you have the MLB package butyou may want to check out AVS forum and ask that question there as Im sure you'll get the right answer.
    I don't currently have HD but I have thought about getting it. But if I recall correctly, the HD broadcasts that YES had last year were only for local viewers. Out of market broadcasts weren't in HD. I may be wrong though....

That said, I really didn't need to read this thread at all because now you have me thinking even more about getting it......

Heidi

I don't currently have HD but I have thought about getting it.
    You should stop thinking and just get it

I don't currently have HD but I have thought about getting it. But if I recall correctly, the HD broadcasts that YES had last year were only for local viewers. Out of market broadcasts weren't in HD. I may be wrong though....

That said, I really didn't need to read this thread at all because now you have me thinking even more about getting it......

Heidi
    I live in Michigan and have watched Yankees in HD for two seasons now. Hopefully, this season will be the first in which more than home games and a few select road games are in HD.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Heidi
    Doubt it. I live in MA and don't even get NESN HD through DirecTV.

Or maybe we have to upgrade to the 5 LNB dish or something, right? Phooey. :\
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF Legend

I just checked my HD channel lineup, and I now have My9 in HD (Cox NE 706). I think that means that I'll be getting those Yankee home games in HD now. Last year they were on My9 on Fridays and sometimes on Tuesdays as well. So that's probably about 15-20 games.

I'm also happy because ABC HD was finally added.

As for YES, I hope that they go the way of NESN and broadcast all of the road games in HD too. Don't you think that's to be expected of the most famous baseball team in the world?

I was considering switching to DirectTV from Cox because of all of this nonsense and the lack of HD options on Cox, but now it seems like Cox is finally starting to come through.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

More DirecTV questions from a cable user who doesn't want to switch...

How does the local channels thing work, exactly? What is this off-air antenna...just some regular antenna?
    I thank my parents every day I wasn't born in Boston....

Quote Originally Posted by A_Yankee_inNC

How does the local channels thing work, exactly? What is this off-air antenna...just some regular antenna?
    The new dishes dont require an off air antenna to receive local channels

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by A_Yankee_inNC

Directv doesn't carry local channels for every area. If they don't carry yours, you would get the local channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) via Directv from a large market (such as NY or LA) or you could opt to get your area's own local channels via an antenna or other source.

To check and see you the carry your locals, you can check here:
    http://directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/l...assetId=900018

Heidi

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Doubt it. I live in MA and don't even get NESN HD through DirecTV.

Or maybe we have to upgrade to the 5 LNB dish or something, right? Phooey. :\
    I have NESN HD, but I have a new dish too so that may be the reason.

Welcome to da Good Life dmx42soriano's Avatar

So its only available if you have the MLB package, I live in Western New York, if you don't have the MLB Package but the Premeium Package with the HD DVR , could I still receive it??

Devoted Member

622 YES
    622 HD

Where did you hear that? I do not have it HD yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting
    I just checked my HD channel lineup, and I now have My9 in HD (Cox NE 706). I think that means that I'll be getting those Yankee home games in HD now. Last year they were on My9 on Fridays and sometimes on Tuesdays as well. So that's probably about 15-20 games.

I'm also happy because ABC HD was finally added.

As for YES, I hope that they go the way of NESN and broadcast all of the road games in HD too. Don't you think that's to be expected of the most famous baseball team in the world?

I was considering switching to DirectTV from Cox because of all of this nonsense and the lack of HD options on Cox, but now it seems like Cox is finally starting to come through.
    I'm happy that Cox allows you to have My9 since you're in the middle of Ct pretty much halfway between NY and Boston. Since, the MLB package went to Direct TV I'm pretty much screwed being in the middle of RI. I've been harrassing Cox up here, trying to get them to include YES, yet these geniuses tell me that they would have to replace NESN with YES if that makes any sense??

All they have to do is put the YES network on a premium package and they would make alot of money, since there is definately the market for it up here. I'm sure even some Red Sox fans would subscribe to it since they would want to watch to root for the Yankees to lose.

I can't wait to get a house so I can get Direct TV and don't have to put up with this garbage from the cable co.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RIYankee23
    I'm happy that Cox allows you to have My9 since you're in the middle of Ct pretty much halfway between NY and Boston. Since, the MLB package went to Direct TV I'm pretty much screwed being in the middle of RI. I've been harrassing Cox up here, trying to get them to include YES, yet these geniuses tell me that they would have to replace NESN with YES if that makes any sense??

All they have to do is put the YES network on a premium package and they would make alot of money, since there is definately the market for it up here. I'm sure even some Red Sox fans would subscribe to it since they would want to watch to root for the Yankees to lose.

I can't wait to get a house so I can get Direct TV and don't have to put up with this garbage from the cable co.
    How are you going to watch the Yankees then? MLBtv?

Also, is there any information on how many Yankee road games will be broadcast in HD? From what I've heard from some on this forum, last year only a few select road games were in HD. (all Boston games and NY Mets games, and some at Baltimore, Toronto, and Cleveland) I'm really hoping that YES HD adds more road games to that list.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    Where did you hear that? I do not have it HD yet.
    Its in the channel guide. The reason you havent seen a game in HD yet is because I dont believe they broadcast ST games in HD

Its in the channel guide. The reason you havent seen a game in HD yet is because I dont believe they broadcast ST games in HD
    Ye i noticed it the other day too its great!! i was switching channels and saw 2 channel 622 makes life much easier im sure Directv did this becuase customers didnt know where to find the games.

NYYF Legend

So if I get the Extra Innings package, can I watch the games on YES or will I have to watch them on one of the specific channels dedicated to EI?

mmmm, Young Pitchers justinvarnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan
    So if I get the Extra Innings package, can I watch the games on YES or will I have to watch them on one of the specific channels dedicated to EI?
    You should be able to watch it on YES. Once the channel is unblocked, it shouldn't matter whether you watch it on YES or the specified EI channel.

Keep in mind Directv broadcasts the home game feed, so Yanks away games are usually broadcast on whatever the home team's feed is. (NESN, Fox Sports XX)
    Anonymous internet thread posters say the darndest things.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justinvarnes
    You should be able to watch it on YES. Once the channel is unblocked, it shouldn't matter whether you watch it on YES or the specified EI channel.

Keep in mind Directv broadcasts the home game feed, so Yanks away games are usually broadcast on whatever the home team's feed is. (NESN, Fox Sports XX)
    That's good to know. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting
    How are you going to watch the Yankees then? MLBtv?

Also, is there any information on how many Yankee road games will be broadcast in HD? From what I've heard from some on this forum, last year only a few select road games were in HD. (all Boston games and NY Mets games, and some at Baltimore, Toronto, and Cleveland) I'm really hoping that YES HD adds more road games to that list.

Yea, MLBtv. I don't have any other choice. When I first moved up here I was told I could get satellite in these apts, but I'm facing the wrong direction. If we were allowed to the get the dish on the roof, then it would work, but the apt management wasn't buying that.

I have 3 YES Channels as well, but my apt has the old 3 lnb dish. You have to have the 5 lnb dish, and the MPEG4 Receiver (I have it) to get YES in Full time HD. Also, you have to be 'spotbeamed' in the right area also to get local Yankees games in HD

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripes123
    Ye i noticed it the other day too its great!! i was switching channels and saw 2 channel 622 makes life much easier im sure Directv did this becuase customers didnt know where to find the games.
    They need to test out the channels too

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ugayank
    I have 3 YES Channels as well, but my apt has the old 3 lnb dish. You have to have the 5 lnb dish, and the MPEG4 Receiver (I have it) to get YES in Full time HD. Also, you have to be 'spotbeamed' in the right area also to get local Yankees games in HD
    I currently have an OLD dish and OLD receiver. DTV says I am eligible for a dish and receiver upgrade so I can get HD, (will buy new TV). Since I am a renter in a 2Family, my Landlord's are very picky, and I had to beg about the dish 5 years ago in the no YES on Cablevision era... Is this new dish 5LNB or whatever, any bigger or uglier than the older model????
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

Thread Information