+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Yankees' HD broadcasts

I know that all of the Yankees' home games are shown in HD. How many road games are shown in HD? My cable company finally added YES Network in HD at the beginning of this year, so I'm very excited!
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees' HD broadcasts

It all depends on if the opposition's stadium can handle it. The Mets games, Red Sox games, and a few others are in HD.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
    It all depends on if the opposition's stadium can handle it. The Mets games, Red Sox games, and a few others are in HD.
    Some of the few others I remember are the Indians and the Orioles. (Home Games exclude any games on UPN by the way.)
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Legend

So I should expect over 100 games to be in HD then? That's good.

I get NESN HD too, and every Red Sox game is in HD, even the road games. Same with the Bruins. I guess NESN's crew brings their HD equipment wherever they go.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting
    So I should expect over 100 games to be in HD then? That's good.

I get NESN HD too, and every Red Sox game is in HD, even the road games. Same with the Bruins. I guess NESN's crew brings their HD equipment wherever they go.
    I wish more channels were like NESN.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    I wish more channels were like NESN.
    They give their viewers what they want. Every game in HD, and other good programming as well. You've got to give them credit for that. I can't stand how YES keeps running the same Centerstage shows over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Some of the few others I remember are the Indians and the Orioles. (Home Games exclude any games on UPN by the way.)
    I believe UPN has an HD channel though, if I'm not mistaken...at least I think it does on Cablevision....Would they not carry it on that channel?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bigjf
    I believe UPN has an HD channel though, if I'm not mistaken...at least I think it does on Cablevision....Would they not carry it on that channel?
    Cablevision does carry UPN HD, but for some reason they didn't show the games in HD...atleast in my area they didn't...hopefully this year YES adds more away games in HD.

Devoted Member

I have Comcast digital in New Haven and only selected games are offered in HD. It is a complete mystery too me as to why some games are offered and others are not? So I guess it must depend on your zip code and your provider?

Quote Originally Posted by tdel23
    Cablevision does carry UPN HD, but for some reason they didn't show the games in HD...atleast in my area they didn't...hopefully this year YES adds more away games in HD.
    My recollection is that UPN was not added to Cablevision until either the very end or after the baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting
    They give their viewers what they want. Every game in HD, and other good programming as well. You've got to give them credit for that. I can't stand how YES keeps running the same Centerstage shows over and over.
    This is true, but there are several factors here. First, there is virtually no competition for eyeballs in that area of programming. NYC has three major sports channels (combining MSG and FSY here). All with control over a major sports entity. NESN has the monopoly.

Additionally, they've had much more time to develop their programming than YES.

SportsNet is actually pretty good, IMO. I find myself watching a lot of their live shows...

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

a lot of the games last season were in hd, including road.
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by destro
    a lot of the games last season were in hd, including road.
    All home games on YES, Sunday night espn and saturday FOX, all road red sox and mets games on YES, and select Baltimore, Toronto, and maybe an additional one or two games as well. I'd say the majority of games were in HD in some form.....should get better this season as well.

The more the general public embraces HD and requests for more, the more it will be available, just like with anything else....

DirecTV is getting ready to launch some new satellites this year which will increase their ability to have more HD programming from channels like YES and NESN.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Thread Information