+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blades of Glory

Blades of Glory

I think this movie is going to be as entertaining as Anchorman and that says something. The premise of the movie is that in 2002, two rival Olympic ice skaters were stripped of their gold medals and permanently banned from men's single competition. Presently, however, they've found a loophole that will allow them to qualify as a pairs team.

I think the cast itself looks great as well. Some people in the movie: Will Ferrell, Jon Heder, Craig T. Nelson as their coach, Will Arnett as another figure skater, Amy Poehler, and William Daniels (Mr. Feeny of Boy Meets World fame) even has a small role.

Hopefully the movie isn't a letdown. Here is a preview of the movie from MySpace:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1722527852

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Re: Blades of Glory

Anchorman wasn't that good. Hopefully this will be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Huh, I think Anchorman was hilarious and that Talledaga Nights was a big let-down. It was okay but didn't come close to being as funny as Anchorman IMO. Obviously not everyone shares the same opinion so I hope it is on par with Anchorman.

Anchorman was very funny... this movie does not look that funny. Im a big fan of Ferrell and I liked Napoleon Dynamite, but this doesn't look like it will be funny.
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

NYYF Triple Crown

161 and River Ave, Long Island, Scranton,PA

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18

Dude i'm gonna be quoting Anchorman until the day I die. There are only 2 movies in my lifetime that I can compare to Anchorman..... Wedding Crashers and Borat. Of course this MO.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by 161 and River Ave.

Dude i'm gonna be quoting Anchorman until the day I die. There are only 2 movies in my lifetime that I can compare to Anchorman..... Wedding Crashers and Borat. Of course this MO.
    Idk I just didn't get it I guess. I mean I found Wedding Crashers hilarious and Borat is a religion for me but ehhh on Anchorman.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

NYYF MVP

Will Ferrell is one of those guys that can pull off the goofball role in every movie he's a part of, but for some reason I'm getting a little tired of watching Jon Heder play the same role over and over...maybe if he'd done something other than "Napoleon Dynamite" for his first major film it'd be different.

Oh well, if "Blades of Glory" is only half as funny as "Anchorman" it will be well worth the $8 admission. It's probably not possible to duplicate the Burgundy/Fantana cologne discussion, but would be nice to see something along those lines in this movie.

Thread Information