+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
    Yeah Yeah Yeah AlongCameAPrincess's Avatar

Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox Guy in Chitown
    Well... I gave up hope. I don't want to wait until the last second to know whether Comcast will carry Extra Innings. I just called and ordered DirecTV. Those bastards - the saleswoman asked me if I was switching from cable because of the deal. When I said yes she said "excellent."
    Whaaaa? If Cable doesn't sign and I'm forced to go to DTV and they ask if I'm switching cause of the deal, I'M SO going to tell her off. Even if she has nothing to do with it. I love Cable, it doesn't go out when it rains or when its windy. Damn DTV and they're crappy service, which I'll have to endure possibly.

Bud Selig can go to hell for all I care. He's earned the right to be bitch slapped. If only....

A_Yankee_inNC - Good job with the numbers. Right now I pay my Cable company $100 every month for all the channels save CineMax, (their movies air on HBO the next month anyway) and that doesn't include special events on PPV and the EI package for the last 3 years. If they're willing to lose that kind of business, though I understand they're unwillingness to sign the deal, then that's their problem.

My problem right now is to have baseball in my house, but I bet it's in their best interest to help me out.

mmmm, Young Pitchers justinvarnes's Avatar

Damn DTV and they're crappy service, which I'll have to endure possibly.
    This is a myth. It takes ALOT for the service to go out. Like a huge thunderstorm. The exception is if you are surrounded by trees and there is a tiny opening to point the satellite through to get to the open sky. Then the wind and raing causes the trees to interrupt the signal.

If you don't have that problem, your DTV signal should be crystal clear 98% of the time.
    Anonymous internet thread posters say the darndest things.

Yeah Yeah Yeah AlongCameAPrincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinvarnes
    This is a myth. It takes ALOT for the service to go out. Like a huge thunderstorm. The exception is if you are surrounded by trees and there is a tiny opening to point the satellite through to get to the open sky. Then the wind and raing causes the trees to interrupt the signal.

If you don't have that problem, your DTV signal should be crystal clear 98% of the time.
    I asked everyone I know that has DTV and it's been 50-50. Some day that it went out for day after it rained, others say they never had a problem. However, the last person I asked is my frontdoor neighbor and she said it's been dandy since she subscribed months ago, so I'll choose to believe her since we live in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by AlongCameAPrincess
    I asked everyone I know that has DTV and it's been 50-50. Some day that it went out for day after it rained, others say they never had a problem. However, the last person I asked is my frontdoor neighbor and she said it's been dandy since she subscribed months ago, so I'll choose to believe her since we live in the same area.
    I've had DTV for 5 years now....and I can count on one hand the number of times my service went out. A few times during very heavy rain, in which the signal was lost for maybe 5 mins. Another time during a snowstorm in which we got nearly 2 feet...and the dish got buried under the snow. That time we did lose TV for most of the day, until it got windy enough that the snow was blown off the dish.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Workhorse
    And if they don't agree to carry the MLB channel, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

This is (potentially) great news.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Another time during a snowstorm in which we got nearly 2 feet...and the dish got buried under the snow. That time we did lose TV for most of the day, until it got windy enough that the snow was blown off the dish.
    I live at the beach. We have a whole lot of wind here during the summer months, especially during storms. I have never lost my cable connection. As I said before, I WILL make the switch to DTV if I have to but there are so many things about the whole deal that annoy me....

1. "The Contract" - this smells just like the cell phone people. AND if I want to get HD.....oh yeah, that is another year.

2. If it rains...the signal MIGHT go out. Isn't this when I want to watch TV?

3. The con-artists - There are DirecTV deals nearly every week in my mailbox. There are signs on street corners for DirecTV right next to the ones that say "Lose weight overnight". Hmmm....You can get DirecTV at Best Buy, through the phone company, heck...probably at the grocery store now. I even got a DTV offer from my credit card bill!

4. The Exclusive"ness"- I feel like DirecTV has to have their hands in on everything, to enjoy football....you need it etc.....this also has a similar tune....perhaps just like the one that started a small company called Microsoft that required you to have a little piece of software called Windows. Sound familiar?

I am just angered by the potential of me having to switch because of MLB & DirecTV. Granted, there are those of you who have had no problems and have enjoyed your service. Well, I enjoy my cable. I enjoy my cable internet. The cost is higher but I feel like I am paying for reilablility.

I researched on Consumer Reports about Satellite. In 2005 they did some research and found Satellite to be the best choice for those who enjoy the plethora of channels and digital programming. Reliability was not an issue on any of the research they conducted.

I did happen to stumble upon several websites that were created just for angered DirecTV customers to bond together and vent frustrations. There is some pretty outrageous claims out there. I hope that these claims are false and were created by the cable companies.......even not knowing the truth, DirecTV still scares me.
    I thank my parents every day I wasn't born in Boston....

Addicted Member

I just got a thing in the mail from Cox Cable saying they'd give me free MLB.tv because of whats happening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RIYankeeFan
    I just got a thing in the mail from Cox Cable saying they'd give me free MLB.tv because of whats happening.
    I have Cox too. I want that! I would have ordered EI if Cox offered it this year.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

I got it today too. Im wondering if they will rebate the $89.95 if I order the Premium package and pay the difference.

Addicted Member

LOL I live in Cranston to. Small world.

Released Outright

Switched over to DirecTv this morning. Sigh... had to drill a hole in my condo's exterior wall and run a cable along an 8 foot section of wall. Ugh - all this for baseball.

LOL I live in Cranston to. Small world.
    If you live in Cranston then I definately know you.

I posted this in the Yankees Out of Line forum, but I'll copy and paste it here -- I know someone already touched on it, but heres what I put:

Well it looks like the cable companies are finally doing a little something about this deal. I have Cox Cable in Rhode Island and got some mail from them yesterday.....

Basically, they acknowledged the fact that they are currently "in active negotiations" to get the Extra Innings package back and try to justify it by saying that even if EI doesnt make it to cable, you can still see "over 400 games on Fox, ESPN, etc"

Heres the kicker though, they then go on to say "In order to make sure you don not miss a single inning of the out of market action this season, we are offering you the MLB.TV on line game package FREE THIS SEASON"

So basically, Cox cable is saying since the fans got screwed (and they know it) they are going to reinburse me if I buy MLB.TV. So all I have to do is buy the MLB.TV and then send in my bill and a special rebate form downloadable from the Cox site to Cox themselves and they will pay me back.

They really want me to keep my service huh, lol

Anyone else get anything like this?
    GO YANKEES

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox Guy in Chitown
    Switched over to DirecTv this morning. Sigh... had to drill a hole in my condo's exterior wall and run a cable along an 8 foot section of wall. Ugh - all this for baseball.
    You'll love it!

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by #1PaFan
    You'll love it!
    Oh, it is a superior product. Its just a pain in the ass to deal with in a condo building. My wife is no fan of the line running along the wall (even though it blends in pretty well), and one of my neighbors hates the way the roof looks with the dish (even though he has never been on the roof prior to this and it is mounted on the side of my A/C unit).

Paul O'Neill Day: Do it Retire21's Avatar

I got the letter from Cox, too. I suppose if its free, I'll do it. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that you could somehow hook your computer into the TV and get a better, BIGGER (obviously) MLBtv picture thru the TV. Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Retire21
    I got the letter from Cox, too. I suppose if its free, I'll do it. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that you could somehow hook your computer into the TV and get a better, BIGGER (obviously) MLBtv picture thru the TV. Any truth to this?
    I got the letter too

I read something online, there is a hookup in which you can put your laptop or desktop onto your tv. I forget what its called, it runs about $70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    I got the letter too

I read something online, there is a hookup in which you can put your laptop or desktop onto your tv. I forget what its called, it runs about $70
    A lot of laptops have TV-out already built in. I know all ibooks, mac books, and macbook pros have this ability built in. My friends Dell laptop also can do this with a $5 cable. If you laptop is relatively new, I would bet that it has TV out built in.

Thread Information