+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 143
  1. #1
    Devoted Member
    Ct.Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Haven, CT

    MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Heard chatter on XM's baseball channel 175 that MLB is negotiating with Directv for exclusive rights to the package. I cannot get the directv signal at my home and am stuck with digital cable. I hope this deal does not go down!

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    TheYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where am I?

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ct.Fan
    Heard chatter on XM's baseball channel 175 that MLB is negotiating with Directv for exclusive rights to the package. I cannot get the directv signal at my home and am stuck with digital cable. I hope this deal does not go down!
    Hmmmm...not sure. But if it happens, do what I do. MLB.tv.

  3. #3
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    I go online. Yes, it's on your computer and smaller, but you get every game (Extra innings you get just about every game) and it's only $50 for the season.
    Life is good!

  4. #4
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    all in all i liked the mlb.tv package, but frankly i don't like watching without the situational box on screen.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    TheYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where am I?

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo
    all in all i liked the mlb.tv package, but frankly i don't like watching without the situational box on screen.
    Yeah, Im with you on that... I don't understand why MLB.tv never put up the YES display... I mean, we all know where we are getting the feed from, why can't we show it?

  6. #6
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    Yeah, Im with you on that... I don't understand why MLB.tv never put up the YES display... I mean, we all know where we are getting the feed from, why can't we show it?
    you basically had to follow with a mini-browser session over on yahoo.

  7. #7
    Devoted Member
    Ct.Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Haven, CT

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I go online. Yes, it's on your computer and smaller, but you get every game (Extra innings you get just about every game) and it's only $50 for the season.
    ok...hope it doesn't come to that.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    yanksphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nühamshä

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I go online. Yes, it's on your computer and smaller, but you get every game (Extra innings you get just about every game) and it's only $50 for the season.
    damn Rocket, you got a discount coupon or something? I paid $99....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    Yeah, Im with you on that... I don't understand why MLB.tv never put up the YES display... I mean, we all know where we are getting the feed from, why can't we show it?
    kinckfan23 (who seems to know a thing or two about media) said it was because mlb.tv received the broadcast BEFORE it went to YES.

    or something to that effect.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

  9. #9
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    damn Rocket, you got a discount coupon or something? I paid $99....



    kinckfan23 (who seems to know a thing or two about media) said it was because mlb.tv received the broadcast BEFORE it went to YES.

    or something to that effect.
    I did mine in July, maybe that's why it was that, but it did say for the season though.
    Life is good!

  10. #10
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ct.Fan
    ok...hope it doesn't come to that.
    A friend of mine just called and said there is a wire that you can use to connect your computer screen to your television. If it works then to me it's better. Even if it is $100 for the year it's still cheaper.
    Life is good!

  11. #11

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    A friend of mine just called and said there is a wire that you can use to connect your computer screen to your television. If it works then to me it's better. Even if it is $100 for the year it's still cheaper.
    I checked into it because I've got DISH and they don't carry any YES games

    YOu need an S video cable to run from your video card to the TV

    Some older computers ( mine ) don't have the S video output so I'll need to get a new card also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  12. #12
    Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Ever since EI was dropped from my cable company two seasons ago, I have been connecting my laptop to my TV to watch games from mlb.tv. The quality pales in comparison to the quality of EI, but it works. Usually though, I don't bother with the TV and just watch the game full-screen on my computer.

    The best thing about mlb.tv is that even if I am not home (like if I am working late), I can still catch the game, as long as I have a computer around. That alone made the change worth it.

  13. #13

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    I'm going to have digital cable. This better not happen. It would be the worst news of the offseason.

  14. #14

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat
    Ever since EI was dropped from my cable company two seasons ago, I have been connecting my laptop to my TV to watch games from mlb.tv. The quality pales in comparison to the quality of EI, but it works. Usually though, I don't bother with the TV and just watch the game full-screen on my computer.

    The best thing about mlb.tv is that even if I am not home (like if I am working late), I can still catch the game, as long as I have a computer around. That alone made the change worth it.
    What is the quality of the image on the computer full screen?

    Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  15. #15
    Yeah Yeah Yeah AlongCameAPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Puerto Rico

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Please, tell me this a joke. MLB Tv is not an option for me. I swear I will seriously go crazy if this happens. Not even joking.

  16. #16
    Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    I checked into it because I've got DISH and they don't carry any YES games

    YOu need an S video cable to run from your video card to the TV

    Some older computers ( mine ) don't have the S video output so I'll need to get a new card also.
    You can also get a video card that has HDMI or DVI or component out if you have a TV that accepts those.

    Otherwise, just buy a VGA to composite converter
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

  17. #17
    NYYF Legend

    TheYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where am I?

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan


    kinckfan23 (who seems to know a thing or two about media) said it was because mlb.tv received the broadcast BEFORE it went to YES.

    or something to that effect.
    I dont understand that though... every once in a great while, the YES display would pop up for a couple seconds, and then it would dissapear, almost as if they were purposely removing the display.

  18. #18
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    I live in Los Angeles and getting games has been an expense and a pain the butt for the past 6yrs. I'm going to invest in a slingbox (1x fee just over $100) and set it up at my parents house where YES comes with my parents local cable. Then I can watch the games live anywhere that I have internet access.
    The Mystique & Aura is back!

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    In Mo I Trust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somerville, MA

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    What is the quality of the image on the computer full screen?

    Thanks
    Not great, but I still love the service. If I'm working late at school I can still watch the game, which is a big plus.

  20. #20
    Addicted Member
    LongtimeNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi
    What is the quality of the image on the computer full screen?

    Thanks
    Depends on the computer. I have a wide screen HP laptop (17 inches) and the picture quality is excellent. I have run it through our wide screen HDTV and it gets a little fuzzy.

  21. #21
    NYYF Legend

    yanksrule69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    MA/CT Border

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    This would be an awful, awful decision.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

    It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

    "Only the good die young"

  22. #22
    Cashman Defender knickfan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    kinckfan23 (who seems to know a thing or two about media) said it was because mlb.tv received the broadcast BEFORE it went to YES.

    or something to that effect.
    They had that problem for most of the year, but then they got most of the teams fixed by the end of the season. There were a few teams (Toronto, Oakland, Atlanta, Seattle, Texas) who I remember still had the issue, but in the playoffs in Oakland's case, that issue was corrected.

    The Yankees issue was around from about May until August. The Mets had it from day 1 til about about August as well.

    MLBTV took the feed directly from the truck instead of from the television feed off the cable or over the air station. It took them a while, but they finally got things rolling pretty good the last 6 weeks of the year. Hopefully, with all their conversions (the taking out of commercials and replacing them with PowerPoint slideshow commericials) and their other stuff, they will have a good product in 07. However, I do long for the old days where I could log in 30 minutes before hand on days I had to work and be able to watch the pregame show and the stream would be up 10 minutes afterwards so I can watch some of the postgame show. Oh well, thats fine.

    But that will suck if DTV gets all the rights to the MLB package. It wont affect me personally, but to the other people here who have digital cable who cant get DTV because of landlord or highrise restrictions, they get screwed. It'll be just another reason for MLB to jackup their yearly rate another 30 bucks or so.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

  23. #23
    Released Outright noneckwilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winter Haven Elks Club.

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlongCameAPrincess
    Please, tell me this a joke. MLB Tv is not an option for me. I swear I will seriously go crazy if this happens. Not even joking.
    I'm in the same boat - this would really suck.

  24. #24
    Cashman Defender knickfan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    However, MLB would be smart to take the money from DTV for the exclusivity. The NFL did it and it was the best move they ever made.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

  25. #25

    Re: MLB Extra innings/Directv exclusive '07?

    Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23
    However, MLB would be smart to take the money from DTV for the exclusivity. The NFL did it and it was the best move they ever made.
    How is limiting exposure good for any sport?

    MLB also has the antitrust exemption and this type of freezing out of a part of the population should win them a lot of grief
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts