+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NYYF HOF

PGA Tour Thread 2007

Hard to believe the season will be starting in three weeks. On the eve of Tiger taking home another POY title.

Thanks to a friendly reminder from SoCal the 2nd Edition of NYYFansFGL is up and running.

League #: 9124
    Password: jeter

Yahoo Fantasy Golf

I expect the usual suspects to be return and anyone else who is interested is more than welcome to join.

This year the start of the fantasy season coincides with the Mercedes.
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever." - Don Mattingly's Plaque in Monument Park

NYYF MVP

Re: PGA Tour Thread 2007

I just signed up and joined the group...never participated in a fantasy golf league, this should be interesting & fun. Don't laugh if I suck.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tal Hawkins
    I just signed up and joined the group...never participated in a fantasy golf league, this should be interesting & fun. Don't laugh if I suck.
    You'll like it. It's a fun context in which to follow the tour.

Welcome aboard!

NYYF Legend

Jet Fuel For My G is ready to take off!

NYYF MVP

So, is it pretty much a given that everyone's going to take Tiger as one of their A golfers? Of course, this is assuming he's in the field that week. Another question for those of you that have done this before...is it best to wait until just a day or two before the 1st round of each event to set my players?

NYYF Legend

So, is it pretty much a given that everyone's going to take Tiger as one of their A golfers? Of course, this is assuming he's in the field that week. Another question for those of you that have done this before...is it best to wait until just a day or two before the 1st round of each event to set my players?
    Unless the rules have changed, you can only take a golfer ten times in a season, so it isn't a given that you take Tiger every time he tees it up.

Choosing on wednesday night is the best insurance against late withdrawls, but if you are busy, just make sure that you choose. Several of us failed to pick golfers for tourneys last year, and ending up with guys who are not in the field is a disaster. The scoring system makes it hard to gain back ground if you go a couple of weeks with zero points.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Pinstriper
    Unless the rules have changed, you can only take a golfer ten times in a season, so it isn't a given that you take Tiger every time he tees it up.

Choosing on wednesday night is the best insurance against late withdrawls, but if you are busy, just make sure that you choose. Several of us failed to pick golfers for tourneys last year, and ending up with guys who are not in the field is a disaster. The scoring system makes it hard to gain back ground if you go a couple of weeks with zero points.
    Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to get my players set well in advance of the first round. Looks like it would be best to save Tiger for the majors, the Buick tourneys, and the WGC events...he usually dials it up a few notches those weeks.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Golf has an off-season?

NYYF HOF

Friendly reminder... fantasy season starts with the Mercedes Thursday so get your team picked. No Tiger or Phil.

Looking over the player lists is laughable... Davis Love III is an "A" player... he is my favorite player an all, but that is a bit of stretch.
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever." - Don Mattingly's Plaque in Monument Park

Fantasy golf..hmmm, this could be fun.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph
    Fantasy golf..hmmm, this could be fun.
    It is a lot less time consuming than other fantasy sports, and gives you someone to root for every week.

NYYF MVP

First tournament of the 2007 season starts today...best of luck to everyone in the league.

NYYF Legend

First tournament of the 2007 season starts today...best of luck to everyone in the league.
    Likewise.

Not sure if anyone watched the coverage on TGC last night, but it was pretty amazing. 30-40mph trade-winds blowing throughout the round (a condition that quickly crumbles what sembence of a game I possess).

I've got VJ, but I benched him. Oh well.

NYYF MVP

I've got VJ, but I benched him. Oh well.
    Did you manage to get Vijay back in your line-up before the 2nd round started? I've made 2 bad decisions so far...was thinking about taking KJ Choi, but didn't, and then I chose not to start JB Holmes. Thankfully it's a long season, I need to do a little more research before the next tournament.

NYYF MVP

Any way we can merge this thread with the one on JC?

NYYF HOF

Congrats to the one and only...

BigE on taking home the victory in week 1.

Vijay, JB, & Immelman all four rounds... pretty solid. What is your overall ranking? I it is pretty high!

NYYF Legend

Although i hope that Michell Wie makes the cut, I doubt that she will, and I would really like to see her start dominating the women a la' Anika before chasing the grail of the men's tour.

NYYF MVP

I would really like to see her start dominating the women a la' Anika before chasing the grail of the men's tour.
    This has been a topic of discussion amongst the PGA/LPGA analysts for some time. I agree with you...Wie should concentrate on winning an LPGA event before she tackles the men's tour. Her 15 minutes are up...time to go away for a while.

NYYF Legend

This has been a topic of discussion amongst the PGA/LPGA analysts for some time. I agree with you...Wie should concentrate on winning an LPGA event before she tackles the men's tour. Her 15 minutes are up...time to go away for a while.
    This week she wasn't even low teenager. Congrats to Tadd Fujikawa.

BTW Yahoo players, the Bob Hope starts on Wednesday!

NYYF Legend

I posted in the other thread. What's with the very late WDs & NEs this week?? I entered my team late last night and I check it today and I see that crap.

NYYF MVP

Villegas missed the cut, and Howell goes on a tear yesterday...I had a feeling Villegas was going to falter and miss the weekend, but I forgot to change my players...now I'm stuck with only 1 Tier B player for Sat/Sun. Damnit!

NYYF Legend

Has anyone else seen the Tiger Woods tackling the guy who tries to steal his clubs commercial? It just comes out of nowhere and is kind of out of character for him, its pretty amusing

http://www.dumbr.com/862_Tiger-Woods...His-Clubs.html

If posting that video (its an ad, so i figure giving it more face time is a good thing for whoever made it) is against community standards or something i'll take it off

NYYF MVP

Tiger's making his move...he's now tied for the lead at -11. He'll end up winning by 2 or 3 strokes.

Tiger is just out of this world

NYYF Legend

Sudden Death @ the Nissan Open. I'm actually watching this!!!

Thread Information