+ Reply to Thread

Melancon out for 2007 due to elbow surgery!?

Has there been any further confirmation from other sources about Melancon's surgery?

Other matters: Cashman said he sees Jason Giambi as a full-time DH. ... No decision has been made whether to pick up Jaret Wright's option, which is due on Sunday. ... Pavano has moved to Arizona for the winter and is working with a personal trainer. ... 2006 draft pick Mark Melancon recently had elbow surgery and will be out for a year. Cashman said they had a feeling this would happen but took him anyway in the ninth round based on his potential.

http://www.lohud.com/blogs/2006/11/b...ashman-on.html
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Re: Melancon out for 2007 due to elbow surgery!?

After doing some checking, it looks like it's true about the TJ surgery.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

It doesn't bother me at all. Here is a guy with mid-90's stuff, and the only thing holding him back was constant elbow pain.

Eliminate the problem, bring him back- and being a major DI closer gets him through the system in 3 years- he should be ready just about the time that Mo decides to call in career (as I am assuming that the Yanks give Mo at least a 2 year extension this winter- he's signed through 2007- just add on 2008 and 2009). Melacon should be ready to replace Mo by 2010.

For minor league relievers who throw hard, I don't have a lot of worries about TJ surgery- especially when there has been a logn term injury. When the pitcher comes back, the pain is gone, and the full use of the arm allows them to ramp it up quickly and regain velocity.

WS #27 Here We Come puckmaster87's Avatar

At least we signed Robertson.

NYYF Legend

Looks like it. Sucks.

Devoted Member

I saw that on rotoworld a little earlier..oh well.

NYYF Legend

Hopefully this fixes the problem and he comes back stronger than ever in 2008.

NYYF Cy Young

NYYF Legend

Well, if this wasn't an issue we never would have gotten him in the 9th round anyways. Hopefully he'll be ready to pitch again in 2008, stronger than before.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Man this sucks... I was expecting to see him in September. Remember these guys come back from TJ stronger so it's not the end for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsui55
    It doesn't bother me at all. Here is a guy with mid-90's stuff, and the only thing holding him back was constant elbow pain.

Eliminate the problem, bring him back- and being a major DI closer gets him through the system in 3 years- he should be ready just about the time that Mo decides to call in career (as I am assuming that the Yanks give Mo at least a 2 year extension this winter- he's signed through 2007- just add on 2008 and 2009). Melacon should be ready to replace Mo by 2010.

For minor league relievers who throw hard, I don't have a lot of worries about TJ surgery- especially when there has been a logn term injury. When the pitcher comes back, the pain is gone, and the full use of the arm allows them to ramp it up quickly and regain velocity.
    Yeah hopefully he follows Mo's career----surgery early in minor league career, then lights out for 10 years.

I hope he comes back healthy and is able to pitch up to his potential...in the mean time...Enter Whelan...thank you Cash money
    Future
    Betances(P)Brackman(P)Hughes(P)Heredia(P)Ramirez(P)Chamberlain(CP)Melancon(SU)
    Montero(1B)Cano(2B)Angelini(SS)Suttle(3B)
    Almonte(OF)Heathcott(OF)DeLeon(OF)Romine(C)

Thread Information