+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 ... LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: The OFFICIAL Notre Dame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tal Hawkins
    Whoever the genius is that landed the NBC deal and negotiated the BCS contract that says Notre Dame plays in a BCS game if they're anywhere in the top 12 (is that right, or is top 10?) should be enshrined in the CF Hall of Fame.

That TV deal gets you guys TONS of nationwide exposure and the BCS deal is sweet too. Although, with that schedule every year it's not a given ND will be in a BCS bowl. On another note, seems to me like the Domers are the Yankees of college football.
    They are only automatic in the BCS if they are in the Top 8. They are eligible for the BCS game if they are in the Top 14 (same eligibility level as any other independent). They are just more likely to be selected if eligible because of $$$.

And yes, they basically are the Yankees.

They are definitely viewed that way.

Now in the grand scheme of things this doesn't mean too much, but why did ND drop a spot in the USA Today Poll?

Obviously, they get a chance next week at USC to prove themselves anyway, but its strange to see a team win by 32 and drop a spot.
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    Now in the grand scheme of things this doesn't mean too much, but why did ND drop a spot in the USA Today Poll?

Obviously, they get a chance next week at USC to prove themselves anyway, but its strange to see a team win by 32 and drop a spot.
    Probably because Rutgers lost and Arkansas picked up their votes instead of ND picking them up.

Sagarin currently rates the Irish schedule 30th toughest in the country this year, and that will obviously improve after playing SC on Saturday. Notre Dame has or will play nine schools from BCS conferences this year, and their combined record to date is 53-45. The three Academies are not in BCS conferences, and their combined record is 15-17.

Here is the out of conference schedule of each of the other teams in this week’s BCS top ten:

#1 Ohio State (12-0):
    Northern Illinois (6-5)
    @ Texas (9-2)
    Cincinnati (6-5)
    Bowling Green (4-7)

#2 Michigan (11-1):
    Vanderbilt (4-8)
    Central Michigan (7-4)
    @ Notre Dame (10-1)
    Ball State (4-7)

#3 USC (9-1):
    @ Arkansas (10-1)
    Nebraska (8-3)
    Notre Dame (10-1)
    (Note: Congrats to USC on playing a very tough schedule.)

#4 Florida (10-1):
    Southern Miss (7-4)
    Central Florida (3-8)
    I-AA Western Carolina (2-9)
    @ Florida State (6-5)

#6 Arkansas (10-1):
    USC (9-1)
    Utah State (1-10)
    Southeast Missouri State (4-7)
    Louisiana-Monroe (2-8)

#7 West Virginia (9-1):
    Marshall (5-6)
    I-AA Eastern Washington (3-8)
    Maryland (8-3)
    @ East Carolina (6-5)
    @ Mississippi State (3-8)

#8 Wisconsin (11-1):
    @ Bowling Green (4-7)
    I-AA Western Illinois (5-6)
    San Diego State (2-8)
    Buffalo (2-9)

#9 Louisville (9-1):
    Kentucky (7-4)
    @ Temple (1-11)
    Miami FL (5-6)
    @ Kansas State (7-5)
    @ Middle Tennessee State (7-4)
    (Note: Props to Louisville for knowing how to find Temple & MTSU’s stadiums.)

#10 LSU (9-2):
    Louisiana-Lafayette (5-5)
    Arizona (6-5)
    Tulane (4-7)
    Fresno State (3-7)
    (Note: Great job by LSU of finding a way to schedule eight home games.)

Draw your own conclusions.

NYYF MVP

Please ND - win this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Regular

would be fun to see the fins pick up Quinn in the draft, just to see him go head2head w/ Tom Brady, it could be the battle of the Weiss products..

Quote Originally Posted by GotMelk?
    would be fun to see the fins pick up Quinn in the draft, just to see him go head2head w/ Tom Brady, it could be the battle of the Weiss products..
    Hell no. Im a Jets fan and hate the Dolphins....and the last thing I want to do is have to start to root against and hate my boy Quinn.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bern baby Bern!
    Please ND - win this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Irish will win at USC. I can feel it in my bones.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by WebsterMulligan
    The Irish will win at USC. I can feel it in my bones.
    I fly out to LA early Friday AM for the weekend and the game. I cannot wait.

Notre Dame 35-31

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NDBoston

Notre Dame 35-31
    Have a great and safe trip, ND!!!

Go, Irish!!!
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Notre Dame 35-31
    Where you going to be sitting at?

Alot is going to have to break right for ND to score 35 on us and for us to only be held to 31 points. I see us winning this one 42-17.

Either way, I hope its a fun game and no one gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident

Alot is going to have to break right for ND to score 35 on us and for us to only be held to 31 points. I see us winning this one 42-17.

I will be with the other Notre Dame alums/fans in Section 3. Great seats...not

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Notre Dame 35-31
    wow. Lucky you!

My son recently became a ND fan. My sister-in-law who lives in MA bought him all kinds of gear. He's really into it.

NYYF Legend

Hey, ND. What's South Bend like as a town? Is it a happening place, or at least close to a happening place? It's Medieval Institute is too good for me not to apply there for graduate school, so I'm just wondering what it would be like to spend the next 500000000 years of my life there.

Please do PM!
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

NYYF MVP

No shot it is going to be that high scoring, I don't care what the score is, I just really really want to see ND on top; I think I am more nervous about this game now than the big one last week.

And to think I didn't like you beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern baby Bern!
    No shot it is going to be that high scoring, I don't care what the score is, I just really really want to see ND on top; I think I am more nervous about this game now than the big one last week.
    ND has probably the weakest secondary we've seen all year (except for maybe Stanford) and our D has been awesome since the third quarter of the Oregon State game. We dominated a far superior Offensive line last week (not something brady quinn wants to hear) and well, havent lost at home in forever or in November under Carroll ever.

Over the last few weeks we've really come together as a team and ND hasnt really played anyone since the Michigan game.

I expect it to be close after a half but this has a very good chance of becoming a lopsided game in SC's favor, much like their matchup in 2002.

ND has probably the weakest secondary we've seen all year (except for maybe Stanford) and our D has been awesome since the third quarter of the Oregon State game. We dominated a far superior Offensive line last week (not something brady quinn wants to hear) and well, havent lost at home in forever or in November under Carroll ever.

Over the last few weeks we've really come together as a team and ND hasnt really played anyone since the Michigan game.

I expect it to be close after a half but this has a very good chance of becoming a lopsided game in SC's favor, much like their matchup in 2002.
    Beat SC

NYYF Cy Young

I'm looking forward to the game but I really have no idea what to expect. We haven't played a real good team in quite a while, and we didn't look that great in a couple of those games. Have we improved since Michigan? I would think so, but I really don't know. We should be able to move the ball and put up points but I really don't know just how bad our defense is (there haven't been very many tests or pressure situations for them). I know the D isn't good but they just need to make some big plays/key stops and our offense should be able to make up for the rest. I'm just hoping we've saved our best (regular season) game for last.
    I have to return some videotapes.

Beat SC
    say it as much as you want- that doesn't mean that it will happen

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by TheMick@ND
    I'm looking forward to the game but I really have no idea what to expect. We haven't played a real good team in quite a while, and we didn't look that great in a couple of those games. Have we improved since Michigan? I would think so, but I really don't know. We should be able to move the ball and put up points but I really don't know just how bad our defense is (there haven't been very many tests or pressure situations for them). I know the D isn't good but they just need to make some big plays/key stops and our offense should be able to make up for the rest. I'm just hoping we've saved our best (regular season) game for last.
    It is going to be a Minter special. They are going to rack up an ungodly number of yards with the frustrating bend don't break philosophy. The only problem is that Southern Cal is very good and very fast. There are going to be some "breaks"...the question is how many. If the initial defensive scheme is not working, Minter needs to adjust early and not wait until halftime.

Brady must be accurate with the dinks and dunks that we are going to see all night. The loss of Carlson is enormous because of his value as a vertical threat. Freeman needs to step up. The OL needs to play the game of the year -- especially the right side of the line with Young and Morton.

Bleed the clock, don't give up the quick score on defense and score more TD's than FG's on our long drives.

Should be a good one....Go Irish. Beat SC.

I don't care how good or bad ND is. This game scares me every year because anything can happen. You can count on them being ready to play and expecting to win.

Streaks are mean't to be broken. They will eventually lose at home and in November, so now is as good a time as ever.

I know you are a USC supporter CanoForPresident so you are allowed to wear your rose-colored glasses. However, USC is not a dominant team whatsoever. Their defense has been good, but far from dominant since that Oregon St. game. I watched the Oregon game and they shot themselves in the foot trying to play option. USC did recover the those turnovers but the offense of Oregon shot itself in the foot.
    While I cannot defend Notre Dame's defense for the most part I know they are better than Stanford's and a few other teams USC has played this year. Also, Notre Dame gives up 10 less passing yards per game than USC. Just food for thought.

All I have left to say is GO IRISH!!!
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    All I have left to say is GO IRISH!!!
    Yes... GO IRISH!!!
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

Thread Information