+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

I just got my own HD TV!!!

Sports are amazing in HD. It really feels like you're actually there, sitting in the best seat in the house. There's really no reason for me to shell out big bucks to go to games anymore and deal with traffic and parking.

However, being in Central Connecticut and having Cox cable, I don't get YES HD yet. Of course I have NESN HD. Don't the people running Cox know that the divide between Yankee and Red Sox fans in my area is basically 50-50?

My brother has Comcast and he gets YES HD, so he said that next year he would let me watch a few Yankee games in his apartment.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

NYYF Legend

Re: I just got my own HD TV!!!

Awesome, enjoy the tv!

NYYF Legend

Forgot to mention, it's a 23" Samsung LCD. Perfect size for my bedroom. It's not the clearest HD picture I've ever seen, as I didn't pay for a top-of-the-line model. (I paid $699, and the best 23" HD televisions were anywhere between $849 and $999.) However, it's great as long as you sit the proper distance away from it.

It can get a little bit grainy when the picture moves fast. (Most LCD's do.) But even with that, it's still a million times better than any standard-definition TV.

I'm praying that I'll get YES HD in time for the 2007 baseball season.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Now if only you could get a new avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    Look who's talking.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Look who's talking.
    that is a great movie, Travolta at his peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 and counting
    Sports are amazing in HD. It really feels like you're actually there, sitting in the best seat in the house. There's really no reason for me to shell out big bucks to go to games anymore and deal with traffic and parking.

However, being in Central Connecticut and having Cox cable, I don't get YES HD yet. Of course I have NESN HD. Don't the people running Cox know that the divide between Yankee and Red Sox fans in my area is basically 50-50?

My brother has Comcast and he gets YES HD, so he said that next year he would let me watch a few Yankee games in his apartment.
    Lucky.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Released Outright

Forgot to mention, it's a 23" Samsung LCD. Perfect size for my bedroom. It's not the clearest HD picture I've ever seen, as I didn't pay for a top-of-the-line model. (I paid $699, and the best 23" HD televisions were anywhere between $849 and $999.) However, it's great as long as you sit the proper distance away from it.

It can get a little bit grainy when the picture moves fast. (Most LCD's do.) But even with that, it's still a million times better than any standard-definition TV.

I'm praying that I'll get YES HD in time for the 2007 baseball season.
    Samsung is actually a really great buy. We have two Samsung 32" LCDs, and they provide all the quality of say, Sony, without paying for the Sony label. Good buy on your part.

Brotherly love.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeyYankee2638
    Speaking of avatars, why can't I see mine or anyone else's? Do I have to adjust the settings in my profile?

It's like getting a new car. I can't wait to get one myself. Congrats!

NYYF Legend

Speaking of avatars, why can't I see mine or anyone else's? Do I have to adjust the settings in my profile?
    Yes..
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

The first thing that really blew me away about HD tv was seeing a baseball game played in the rain. You can actually see how bad the rain is. I have a digital TV now, but you can still hardly see it unless there's a closeup on a player or it's really bad.

It some cases you can read the t-shirts in the stands. The blades of grass on the field. It's just amazing.

Deposed Cruise Director, LOT Paiglee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    The first thing that really blew me away about HD tv was seeing a baseball game played in the rain. You can actually see how bad the rain is. I have a digital TV now, but you can still hardly see it unless there's a closeup on a player or it's really bad.

It some cases you can read the t-shirts in the stands. The blades of grass on the field. It's just amazing.
    Hey Hitman, did you find a nice foster home for the kids yet??

Have fun with it - I got mine this year, too and you get spoiled really quickly. You don't want to watch anything unless it's in HD...
    And sports are amazing in HD... as Hitman said - you can see blades of grass - amazing. I actually watched a horse race (of which I am not a fan), just because I knew it would look awesome in HD.
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Paiglee
    Hey Hitman, did you find a nice foster home for the kids yet??
    Oh don't worry, they're gonna be sitting right next to me as hooked on it as I'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox Guy in Chitown
    Samsung is actually a really great buy. We have two Samsung 32" LCDs, and they provide all the quality of say, Sony, without paying for the Sony label. Good buy on your part.
    I agree about the Samsung tv. I have one also, although it's not HD. I bought a Magnavox tv first, and wound up bringing it back to the store because the picture and color was horrible. I exchanged it for a Samsung, and that has been great.
    "Maybe someday you'll be our shortstop and your number will hang out here (in Monument Park),'" recalled Cashman. "He's the only one I ever said that to, and it's actually going to happen."

NYYF Legend

Yeah, I got mine recently too. Some folks might remember that.

It's simply AMAZING! As great as it is, it can be kind of tough at times, too. Especially on Monday Night Football when the camera zooms in on Tony Kornheiser's face during pregame.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by destelle
    Have fun with it - I got mine this year, too and you get spoiled really quickly. You don't want to watch anything unless it's in HD...
    And sports are amazing in HD... as Hitman said - you can see blades of grass - amazing. I actually watched a horse race (of which I am not a fan), just because I knew it would look awesome in HD.
    I'd really like to watch the New Jersey Nets this year, but I can't because I don't get YES HD. (Although I can watch them on regular TV.) So I'm having a blast watching other teams on ESPN and TNT. The Spurs and Cavs are having an awesome game right now, and there was a great game last night between the Clippers and Nuggets. I'll be watching lots of Boston Bruins games too, because of NESN HD. I saw a great comeback last night by the Sabres against the Bruins.

Speaking of horse racing, the Breeders' Cup will be on all day tomorrow on ESPN HD, so I'll watch several horse races.

I'd really like to watch the New Jersey Nets this year, but I can't because I don't get YES HD. (Although I can watch them on regular TV.) So I'm having a blast watching other teams on ESPN and TNT. The Spurs and Cavs are having an awesome game right now, and there was a great game last night between the Clippers and Nuggets. I'll be watching lots of Boston Bruins games too, because of NESN HD. I saw a great comeback last night by the Sabres against the Bruins.

Speaking of horse racing, the Breeders' Cup will be on all day tomorrow on ESPN HD, so I'll watch several horse races.
    You sound like you're camped out in front of the television - exactly what I did the first couple days I had it.
    Enjoy - hopefully, you'll get YES HD soon!
    Dawn

Thread Information