• Yankees in mix for Dempster (Updated)

Ryan Dempster has been the most obvious tradeable piece in baseball for months now, but the Yankees haven’t really been connected to him since Andy Pettitte returned and the team’s starting rotation became a real strength of the team from top to bottom. Now Pettitte is injured and suffered a setback in his rehab, and though the Yankees are trying to downplay that revelation, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago now reports that they’re very much in the mix of potential landing spots for Dempster. The Dodgers had been the team doing the most work to land the Cubs’ right-hander after Dempster blocked a trade to Atlanta earlier this month, but Kaplan now reports that the Yankees and Rangers are also involved, and that Dempster would approve a trade to any of those teams. Kaplan reports that the Yankees have increased their attempts to get Dempster in the last 48 hours, so that fits with the theory that the Yankees are more concerned about Pettitte than they’re letting on after finding out that he’s not healing as quickly as originally thought on Sunday.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

matt2351

Re: 2016 Season Post-Mortem

I'm not trying to be mean here, but your writing makes it really tough to have a discussion with you. When you quote someone, you put that section of

matt2351 Today, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    Yankyfan

JG was MOY for an over achieving Marlins team in 2006. A young and low payrolled team. AS for Your quote.

I don't see any "hype"

Yankyfan Today, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    goin for 27

I am tired of Joe, I think a change would be good. I also think that he did earn the right to return if he wants to.

The 2016 Yanks

goin for 27 Today, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    Hitman23

The Red Sox Thread

theres a bigger difference than that. Jeter actually deserved one.

Hitman23 Today, 08:53 PM Go to last post
    TheUmp

Re: The Red Sox Thread

The biggest difference between Ortiz's and Jeter's farewell tour is that Ortiz can actually start on a major league team at the time.

TheUmp Today, 08:50 PM Go to last post
    spanky185

Joe won with youth and promptly benched most of them. He handled Judge terribly before he got hurt (a 24 year old doesn't need that many days off to "rest").

spanky185 Today, 08:39 PM Go to last post