• Joba update

Joba Chamberlain made another rehab appearance yesterday, this time with Double-A Trenton. He entered the game with two outs and the bases empty to get some work coming into the middle of an inning, and proceeded to strike out the side after allowing a leadoff single in his second inning of work. Altogether, Joba allowed one hit and struck out three in 1.1 innings of work, and apparently saw his fastball velocity top out at 98 MPH. The plan is for Joba to make one more minor league appearance, probably with Trenton as well, to make sure hes sharp enough to return to the big league roster. His rehab clock expires on August 8th, so he can make as many appearances between now and then as the team likes, but it sounds like he could be back up by this weekend now.

SEE POST
  • Recent Forum Posts

Yanks12009

Re: The Official 2018 Spring Training Thread

I don't see the reason to be upset with what he said. There was a lot of concern on here about that hitch/movement in his swing. It's pretty normal for

Yanks12009 Today, 02:38 AM Go to last post
    Battingly

Re: The Official 2018 Spring Training Thread

Frazier needs to pipe down and play ball, and prove it, cause talk is cheap.

The likelihood is he will get sent down this year, at least

Battingly Today, 01:45 AM Go to last post
    Battingly

Re: Locking up the Yankees Young Core

This is the one thing the Yankees have yet to master.

I loved George, but he never understood the value of overpaying for your best young

Battingly Today, 01:38 AM Go to last post
    Battingly

Re: Meat

Never read Ball Four, wish I had, but back then the book was ostracized and Bouton was considered a snitch, and I bought into that mentality, so I never

Battingly Today, 01:28 AM Go to last post
    JL25and3

Re: Meat

In Ball Four, Bouton also made a few references to ball players calling each other "Meat."

JL25and3 Today, 01:22 AM Go to last post
    Battingly

Meat

So I just watched a replay of the 78 WS clincher for the Yankees over the Dodgers on YES (Yankees Classics), and it reminded me of something I'm not sure

Battingly Today, 12:57 AM Go to last post