• Mendoza to manage in AFL

Rosters for the Arizona Fall League aren’t announced until August, but the Yankees’ organization already has one representative slated to go to the dessert, as Charleston Riverdogs’ manager Carlos Mendoza will be managing the Scottsdale Scorpions, the team the Yankees’ minor leaguers will be playing for. Which farm hands join him will be pretty interesting to see, as the Yankees’ top position prospects are already getting their first taste of a full season schedule, so I assume the team won’t send them off for even more action. Someone like Slade Heathcott, however, could get some additional work in by going out to Arizona.

SEE POST
  • Recent Forum Posts

NelsonMuntz

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

Agreed. It's part of the Yankee brand at this point, like the pinstripes and inter-locking NY. Moreover, there is not a player in all of baseball who

NelsonMuntz Today, 02:44 PM Go to last post
    False1

Re: 2015 A-rod Performance Thread

Sweet Lou, as is often the case, articulates very clearly and succintly a point of view that makes a tremendous amount of sense. In terms of how I feel

False1 Today, 02:42 PM Go to last post
    NelsonMuntz

Ryan isn't going anywhere, unfortunately (thanks, Cashman for giving a multi year deal to a player that no one else wanted). I wouldn't mind Shields on

NelsonMuntz Today, 02:40 PM Go to last post
    awy

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

redundant?

awy Today, 02:40 PM Go to last post
    21stAmendment

It's not a federal offense, but the Yankees are in fact dictating how their employees groom. MLB doesn't dictate grooming, but they do make players wear

21stAmendment Today, 02:37 PM Go to last post
    melon

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

Besides being home grown, and a similar player- Gardner was much cheaper. I have no problem with having both and having Ells didn't mean Gardner needed

melon Today, 02:30 PM Go to last post