• Yankees want Nunez to play short

When Alex Rodriguez went down with a broken bone in his hand Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, among the first potential replacements that sprung to mind was former Yankees’ utility man Eduardo Nunez. The former big leaguer would have been a natural fit as someone who had been with the team before as a utility infielder and filled in when Derek Jeter was on the disabled list in 2011, but he was also just coming off of the disabled list, and had previously been sent back down to the minor leagues due to his defensive shortcomings. Of course, the Yankees called up Ramiro Pena yesterday, but that hasn’t stopped discussions of Nunez, who returned to action with Triple-A Empire State at shortstop, not third base.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

LIYanks

Re: 2014 Hot Stove Thread

I am not happy with the state of the team right now. That's why I commented on your giving Cash an A for his effort.

At this point, I can't

LIYanks Today, 07:11 PM Go to last post
    montrealer

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Last time I saw a team sell this many assets the Expos were sold by Brochu to sh*t head and son...............

montrealer Today, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    spanky185

Three things I will always remember about Jim Bowden in 2014: the Yankees should trade Severino and Judge for Lee, Lester for Kemp would be great for

spanky185 Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    mandrake

Re: Piecing together 2014 schedule

Last 2 seasons, similar seats at Subway series, a pair of tickets at YS all in for $58. At Citi $146. Nearly exact seats. Grandstand vs Prom, (steerage

mandrake Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    rajah

Typical of Boston. The guy helped them win a WS just last year. The city (in which I live) has a collective inferiority complex toward New York, so headllines

rajah Today, 07:06 PM Go to last post
    ArodEra

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Excellent point.

ArodEra Today, 07:06 PM Go to last post