• The Yankees offense: still not one-dimensional

Ken Davidoff has an interesting item in his blog at the Post this morning about postseason home runs, showing, in effect, that theres no pattern at all to the postseason home run rate of World Series champion compared to their regular season rate over the last 10 seasons. Four of those teams hit more home runs per at bat in the postseason, three hit fewer, and the other three, including the 2009 Yankees, hit them at exactly the same rate as they did in the regular season. Its not entirely scientific, but its leaps and bounds better than simply screaming that its impossible to hit home runs in October.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

spikeowenfan

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

I'm arguing that who the hitting coach is, doesn't matter much. They still need to have a hitting coach, though. Kevin Long didn't just sit around;

spikeowenfan Today, 11:01 AM Go to last post
    Portbb

Yep. Like anything else hitting coaches matter on winning teams. Losing teams- not so much.

Portbb Today, 10:39 AM Go to last post
    sjanowsky

Re: Yankee Presale

There are 5 $5 games as part of the pre-sale a well...
    Not sure if infield terrace is part of this...

sjanowsky Today, 10:28 AM Go to last post
    ymike673

They will find a hitting coach. Still more upset that the horrible third base coach kept his job.

ymike673 Today, 10:22 AM Go to last post
    apalradio

I agree with this. I'm just trying to reconcile and understand the arguments I see frequently in this forum that hitting coaches don't matter.

apalradio Today, 10:19 AM Go to last post
    Yankyfan

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

No kidding .. Im not against signing Moncada in any way.I just was in a conversation about Emery not hurting our chances with signing Moncada.Talk about

Yankyfan Today, 10:17 AM Go to last post