• Yankees A tough offense to dominate

There are a dozen ways to look at how good a teams offense is. We could look at runs per game. We could look at a teams on-base percentage and slugging percentage. This mornings coffee perhaps gave an idea for a little different way to look at a teams offense. The thought was brought on by the current 40-game streak the Yankees are on in scoring three or more runs, the third longest in the live ball era. That run shows that the Yankees are a tough team to dominate by a pitcher. David Price had the last dominating start against the Yankees and the Yankees still won that game. R.A. Dickey had a phenomenal run goinguntil he reached the Yankees. Jered Weaver got a win against the Yankees but at a serious knock on his ERA. So how can we look at how hard an offense is to dominate? The game score.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

NerfBall55

Re: The Official 2015 Hot Stove Thread

From the numbers then, it looks likes he's been "on" for about half a season one time since 2011.

Either way, it's hard to judge

NerfBall55 Today, 10:03 PM Go to last post
    Perseus71

Re: select a seat

Very happy to upgrade to section 214A! I thought this was probably the best selection for Select A Seat that I've seen since I have been a ticket holder(2007).

Perseus71 Today, 09:22 PM Go to last post
    BeantownYankee

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

I can't see him getting 17mil a year (although stranger things have happened) , he had a nice second half last year, but offensively has not been consistent.

BeantownYankee Today, 08:19 PM Go to last post
    spikeowenfan

I can't see him getting less than 60 and I'm thinking even 4/60 is a long shot. My guess would be around 4/68.

spikeowenfan Today, 07:55 PM Go to last post
    awy

i don't see teh 200m contract. teams are still pretty risk averse when it comes to high injury risk players coming off recent injuries.

i

awy Today, 07:19 PM Go to last post
    goin for 27

I could see the AAV, sure. But that means you are giving Tulo an 8 year deal to get north of $200M. I wouldn't do it...too fragile a player. You gotta

goin for 27 Today, 07:18 PM Go to last post