• White Sox showing interest in Dellin Betances

Yesterday, Josh Norris tweeted that the White Sox have had scouts at Dellin Betances‘ last three starts for Trenton. He then stated that a source told him that Chicago has “zeroed in” on the big hurler. Betances has been one of the Yankees’ top prospects the last few years, but he has always struggled with his consistency. After going 3-5 with a 6.39 ERA and 5.88 FIP in 16 starts with Empire State, the Yankees finally sent Betances back to Trenton, where he is looking a lot more confident. In Triple-A, Betances was averaging 8.32 BB/9 while picking up 8.56 K/9. In his first three games back in Double-A he has cut his walks way down (3.38 BB/9) while continuing to strike out batters (9.64 K/9).

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

rajah

Re: 2016 Winter Hot Stove Thread

The chances of the Yankees winning the pennant are slight. But that does not mean that they shouldn't try to win games by playing guys where they are

rajah Today, 09:36 AM Go to last post
    hellonewman

Not trying to win the pennant in 2017. Taking the long view. Knock yourself out plotting the Yankees' 2017 WS championship (hint: get some more good pitchers

hellonewman Today, 09:23 AM Go to last post
    hellonewman

I admit my attention has been distracted by national events this autumn but how would Austin factor into the regular RF gig anyway? Did something happen

hellonewman Today, 09:22 AM Go to last post
    rajah

Chair warmer for Frazier in LF? Have you seen Holliday play the outfield recently? Do you think Beltran could have played LF in YS last year? Holliday

rajah Today, 09:20 AM Go to last post
    hellonewman

With you on that, and I would sign the devil himself for one year, but not loving the Holliday signing if it means a return to the A-Rod world of having

hellonewman Today, 09:15 AM Go to last post
    rajah

I also am one that thinks Hicks should get another chance of extended play at the start of the season and I hope Gardner, or even better Ellsbury, is

rajah Today, 09:14 AM Go to last post