• Trade focus shifts to outfield

Though Brian Cashman still insists that heís not looking to an additional outfielders to make up for the absence of Brett Gardner, CBSí Jon Heyman reports that they have, in fact, had discussions about outfielders currently on the market, and are currently more interested in adding an outfielder than pitching. According to Heyman the Yankees have had discussions regarding both Shane Victorino and Justin Upton, though they arenít happy with the current asking price for either.

For what itís worth, I donít see the logic of Victorino right now, unless the Yankees are certain that Gardner is going to miss most of the rest of the season. Victorino isnít playing particularly well right now, hitting a mere .245/.311/379, which translates to a WRC+ of 93, and is owed the balance of his $9.5 million salary for this year before he becomes a free agent at the end of the season. Considering that the Yankees have been able to have success with Raul Ibanez and Andruw Jones/Jayson Nix in left field, I donít see the logic of giving anything up to get Victorino.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

Portbb

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

I think you're right, I looked at stats and only noticed they have similar hits and BA but Gardner is faster and Better defender while Willingham has

Portbb Today, 01:50 PM Go to last post
    THEBOSS84

Upton has to be willing (obviously). It may be the only time he ever reaches free agency, so it's no sure thing that he'll pass that opportunity up.

THEBOSS84 Today, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    awy

gardner has already declined defensively. the added power is nice but it is more of an approach thing than a talent thing.

however, before

awy Today, 01:30 PM Go to last post
    Ny27xwschamps

why wouldn't they extend him? they're not gonna trade for him just to let him walk.

Ny27xwschamps Today, 01:25 PM Go to last post
    hellonewman

Re: Reggie was not a nice guy

The fat lady falling from the upper deck never got enough credit for that save. Frank Drebin was a glory hog. Of course he did send OJ hurtling down the

hellonewman Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post
    primetime714

Re: Who to protect from the Rule 5?

I think the thought is that defensively he is ML ready and could be an ok option off a bench as a 4th or 5th OF and pinch runner especially for a team

primetime714 Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post