• Yanks sign Luis Torrens

Via MLBTR and Ben Badler:

The Yankees have signed Venezuelan catcher Luis Torrens for $1.3MM, writes Ben Badler of Baseball America [EDIT: subscription required, sorry]. Torrens is ranked as the second-best international prospect in this July 2nd class.

The 16-year-old is a former shortstop and third baseman who converted to catcher in February. Staying behind the plate would obviously enhance Torrens’ value but Badler writes that teams have been drawn to him for his bat.

Yanks’ catcher prospect ranks get a bit deeper now.

SEE POST
  • Recent Forum Posts

Bub

Re: 2015 Mark Teixeira Performance Thread

I always want to believe that he'll rebound, but he's disappointed us enough that I really think that another to-be-determined new injury will keep his

Bub Today, 04:19 PM Go to last post
    dpbddd99

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

We may get another chance to swing and miss. Yadier Alvarez is seeking a waiver that would allow him to sign before July 2

dpbddd99 Today, 04:12 PM Go to last post
    jcarey

Re: 2015 A-rod Performance Thread

ok if i look at your deck building website and then contract with you to build a deck and i buy a bunch of cheap lumber and build the ................tiest

jcarey Today, 04:10 PM Go to last post
    Art Vanderlay

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

If you read all of my posts you would know that I don't accept the theory that Cashman is constantly being overruled by Levine, Trost, etc. I posed my

Art Vanderlay Today, 04:02 PM Go to last post
    awy

there are two ways of atking the deal, by challenging its validity or by breach of terms. my argument was that the yankees accepted the homers alone as

awy Today, 03:53 PM Go to last post
    jcarey

no, consideration is about whether a contract was formed to begin with.

but if you want to argue that the yankees really are interested

jcarey Today, 03:42 PM Go to last post