• K-Long on Melky: He made himself tradeable

In case youve been living under a rock, or just dont pay any attention to the National League West, Melky Cabrera is having himself a heck of a season with the San Francisco Giants. So far the former Yankee outfielder boasts a .363/.399/.532 batting line, which translates into a .401 wOBA, and his 101 hits lead all of Major League Baseball. Its a far cry from the Melky we knew in New York, and Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long says that thats no coincidence. Hes a hell of a player, Long told Joel Sherman of the New York Post. He has totally gotten committed to his career. He doesnt drink. He doesnt take anything for granted any more. His personal trainer is with him all the time. When you go all in and have talent, this is what happens and it is evident he has the talentIf Melky committed himself to the Yankees as he does now, he would still be a Yankee, he continued. And he would say the same thing. He made himself tradeable then.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

Yankees51

Re: The StubHub Thread

I have no clue how to screen shot but when you go to sell for Grateful Dead's 3 day pass you get the message below and have to click "yes I have

Yankees51 Today, 01:41 AM Go to last post
    Kurosawa

Re: 2015 Hal Steinbrenner Performance Thread

I don't see that happening. They are bad owners and they will stay that way, and the team and baseball in general will suffer for it. It is not a good

Kurosawa Today, 01:32 AM Go to last post
    Yankees51

Re: The StubHub Thread

Four 3 day passes side stage uppers. I should have sold them when there were only 100 listings. Price were much higher earlier today but still only

Yankees51 Today, 01:30 AM Go to last post
    Zimmers' Helmet

Re: 2015 Hal Steinbrenner Performance Thread

So, Wallace Matthews is speculating but you're not? C'mon...Reality is: the beat writers who follow this team on a daily basis and actually have personal

Zimmers' Helmet Today, 12:25 AM Go to last post
    Kurosawa

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

That whole season was sad, and it actually started in 1978 when Bob Lemon's son got killed in a car wreck.

They still won 89 games. This

Kurosawa Today, 12:20 AM Go to last post
    awy

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

yea the garcia bit was what he said at the time. i do know that the mariners were not the highest bidder, and yankees also offered a substantial amount.

awy Today, 12:18 AM Go to last post