• Minor League Preview: Staten Island Yankees

While Empire State, Trenton, Tampa and Charleston are all well underway, today the short-season teams will begin their 2012 season. After a disappointing 2010 season, the Staten Island Yankees took the New York-Penn League crown for the second time in three years last fall, defeating the Auburn Doubledays in the Championship. The Yankees got some good performances on both sides of the field, though the big story of 2011 was the breakout performance of current Charleston outfielder Mason Williams. Reymond Nunez, Benjamen Gamel and Matthew Tracy all played a big role in Staten Islandís success.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

awy

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

i don't see teh 200m contract. teams are still pretty risk averse when it comes to high injury risk players coming off recent injuries.

i

awy Today, 07:19 PM Go to last post
    goin for 27

I could see the AAV, sure. But that means you are giving Tulo an 8 year deal to get north of $200M. I wouldn't do it...too fragile a player. You gotta

goin for 27 Today, 07:18 PM Go to last post
    awy

he may not get the length of a cano contract but he's going to get the aav even with the injury limited playing time. cano numbers are similar on offense.

awy Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    goin for 27

Whoa. I don't see that. Tulo has played two complete seasons in his career. He is too injury prone for that kind of contract. Cano comes to mind when

goin for 27 Today, 06:17 PM Go to last post
    spikeowenfan

I'm sure he would be the closer. I'm not sure how big a loss that is, though. He was much less of a fireman in the second half of the season after he

spikeowenfan Today, 05:55 PM Go to last post
    BeardedYankeeFan

Re: It's Only Money

In practice, they weren't much better in the second half with Prado, Headley and Drew. They went 14-13 in September with those guys, and that includes

BeardedYankeeFan Today, 05:52 PM Go to last post