• Checking up on Cisco

Jon Heyman has a profile of Francisco Cervelli up on his CBS Sports blog thats pretty interesting and worth a read if youre a fan of Cervellis. Cervelli attributes his early season struggles to being too focused on his surprising demotion after the Yankees acquired Chris Stewart from the Giants on the last day of Spring Training, but seems to have mostly worked through the frustration to plug along and do his job, and he insists hes not taking it personally. I cant imagine its been an easy couple of months for Cervelli, but thats the business, and it seems like hes at least got a good amount of perspective with respect to his situation. Heymans closing, however, is another matter:

Cervelli had nothing bad to say about the Yankees. But he made it clear hes playing to show someone anyone that he is still worthy of being a big leaguer.

• Recent Forum Posts

Re: Playoffs Thread

Evidently they prefer Stroman in game 5. So glad we didn't trade Severino for Price!

YankeePride1967 Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post

I was speaking to the decision they made not to start him in light of Cecil being unavailable. Yeah, I see why you're wondering as to why use him up 6

ojo Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post

Exactly. Simply horrible to burn him now when you could have him as your long man in Game 5.

sweet_lou_14 Today, 08:20 AM Go to last post

Terrible baseball decision to use him last night with the lead they had. Even if you don't want to start him in game 5, it would be nice to have him available

jcarey Today, 08:14 AM Go to last post

Re: Official 2015 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

The Yankees offense, as currently constructed, would need 24 games of 8th innings to do what the Royals did yesterday.

ojo Today, 07:58 AM Go to last post

Re: The Offseason Thread

While there's another shoe to drop on Bird once there's a 'book' on him, I think he's showing enough composure within each of his ABs to not be labeled

ojo Today, 07:44 AM Go to last post