• The bloom is off the Cory Wade rose

Yesterday, I wrote about how successful Rafael Soriano has been since he was installed as the closer for the New York Yankees. That post tried to mitigate some of the loss of an injury to the best closer in the history of the game. That was the rosier side of the bullpen injury story. The flip side of the injuries to Mariano Rivera and David Robertson is more high leverage events for the likes of Cory Wade and Boone Logan. Wade, in particular, seems to be wilting under the exposure. He had a dynamic start to the season. He was compiling amazing strikeout totals. But suddenly, he seems like a mop up kind of reliever at best and his lack of pure stuff has been even more…well…lacking.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

Ram Man

Re: Offseason Thread

Because this is the offseason speculation thread. That's what goes on here.

Ram Man Today, 02:28 PM Go to last post
    ElDandy

Re: Betances 2017 Performance Thread

I know we're sort of filling up on these now but if they move Betances, I'd really like to see them try to turn him into 2-3 lottery ticket style arms

ElDandy Today, 02:27 PM Go to last post
    ElDandy

I am no superior talent and obviously adjustment periods and etc etc etc but the little I've seen jives with what everyone else seems to see; a genuinely

ElDandy Today, 02:25 PM Go to last post
    Krall

Why is everyone counting on Ohtani and banking on a guy who hasn't pitched at the MLB level?

Krall Today, 02:23 PM Go to last post
    Yankee Steve

The only way that they could sign JD and still get under the cap in 2018? Let Tanaka walk and sign Otani. Pitching would be a bit compromised but we

Yankee Steve Today, 02:22 PM Go to last post
    Panamaniac42

Re: 2017 Joe Girardi Performance Thread

Not sure how deep the pen really was at that point. No Green, and Betances is not an option if you’re trying to win. Maybe go to Chapman vs. McCann?

Panamaniac42 Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post