• Getting to know Yankees first round pick Ty Hensley

As the first round of the 2012 First-Year Player Draft wound down, the Yankees were finally able to make their pick. It was a draft that seemed to have its share of surprises as Mark Appel dropped down to eighth and Addison Russell got snatched up with the eleventh pick. The Yankees had quite a few options left on the board, despite having the 30th pick of the evening. In the end, New York took Ty Hensley, a high school pitcher from Oklahoma with plenty of talent both on the mound and at the plate.

Hensley is a big right-handed pitcher from Santa Fe High School in Edmond, Oklahoma, coming in at 64″ and 225 pounds. He fits the Yankees recent trend of picking player who have had fathers in professional sports (see Dante Bichette and Mason Williams), as Mike Hensley spent 1988-1990 in the St. Louis Cardinals system. He is committed to play at Ole Miss, so we will have to wait and see if the Pinstripes can lure him away.

READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

melon

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

I agree with the ripple effect and I wish we landed Soler, especially because he would have been our least expensive OF.

But after missing

melon Today, 02:48 PM Go to last post
    False1

Re: 2015 A-rod Performance Thread

OK, so it sounds like your view on this is similar to Mr. Coffee's. What's the rub? Isn't this what he's saying? I don't think Mr. Coffee would advocate

False1 Today, 02:45 PM Go to last post
    NelsonMuntz

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

Agreed. It's part of the Yankee brand at this point, like the pinstripes and inter-locking NY. Moreover, there is not a player in all of baseball who

NelsonMuntz Today, 02:44 PM Go to last post
    False1

Re: 2015 A-rod Performance Thread

Sweet Lou, as is often the case, articulates very clearly and succintly a point of view that makes a tremendous amount of sense. In terms of how I feel

False1 Today, 02:42 PM Go to last post
    NelsonMuntz

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

Ryan isn't going anywhere, unfortunately (thanks, Cashman for giving a multi year deal to a player that no one else wanted). I wouldn't mind Shields on

NelsonMuntz Today, 02:40 PM Go to last post
    awy

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

redundant?

awy Today, 02:40 PM Go to last post