• What do you do with a problem like Phil?

Phil Hughes is not a starting pitcher. He just isn’t, not right now. He doesn’t have a single quality secondary pitch in his arsenal right now, nor does he have the sort of fastball command you need to turn a lineup over consistently without breaking balls or off speed pitches to keep hitters off balance. That was on full display last night, when the Rangers’ lineup was all over him the second time they saw him. Hughes faced six batters twice, and the only one who made an out was Elvis Andrus, who tapped a curveball that should have been in the dirt to Alex Rodriguez to bring home a run. The other five batters accounted for two doubles, a single, and two hit batters before Joe Girardi decided he’d seen enough of Hughes for one day.

>>>>READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

longtimeyankeefan

Re: The StubHub Thread

If you are looking for a good deal on field seats, let me suggest you look into the Yankee Universe MVP package on the Yankee site under fans - for $295,

longtimeyankeefan Today, 06:10 AM Go to last post
    Rigamortis

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

Seriously man no one talks more mumbo jumbo then you and then tries to paint himself as some baseball savant.

You have been called out on

Rigamortis Today, 01:37 AM Go to last post
    Kurosawa

Re: Yoan Moncada Thread

Cashman is a bad GM but Hal is the bigger problem, and he's not going anywhere. Moncada having a great career will not teach these people lessons, because

Kurosawa Today, 01:36 AM Go to last post
    awy

there's literally recent history directly contradicting your idea, that's the content of my reply and it is a fact, not an opinion.

you

awy Today, 01:33 AM Go to last post
    Rigamortis

Again, that's just you opinion.

This is what you initially selectively quoted

I stand by that statement while

Rigamortis Today, 01:25 AM Go to last post
    awy

sure, but it is wrong. unfortunatey

awy Today, 01:22 AM Go to last post