• What do you do with a problem like Phil?

Phil Hughes is not a starting pitcher. He just isn’t, not right now. He doesn’t have a single quality secondary pitch in his arsenal right now, nor does he have the sort of fastball command you need to turn a lineup over consistently without breaking balls or off speed pitches to keep hitters off balance. That was on full display last night, when the Rangers’ lineup was all over him the second time they saw him. Hughes faced six batters twice, and the only one who made an out was Elvis Andrus, who tapped a curveball that should have been in the dirt to Alex Rodriguez to bring home a run. The other five batters accounted for two doubles, a single, and two hit batters before Joe Girardi decided he’d seen enough of Hughes for one day.

>>>>READ MORE
  • Recent Forum Posts

Art Vanderlay

Re: 2015 Offseason moves

I agree that it's not going to happen because the Yankees would be nuts if they did. But it's going to take a package like that for them to move Tulo.

Art Vanderlay Today, 02:01 PM Go to last post
    ClownPickle

1) Colorado doesn't need OF help. They are stacked.
    2) Find me a team willing to give up a 3+ WAR CFer under team control for 5 years extremely

ClownPickle Today, 01:43 PM Go to last post
    TrueYankee01

Agreed. Outfield is done. I think Cashman even said it. You can forget Upton.

TrueYankee01 Today, 01:32 PM Go to last post
    awy

would not be too sad but these cuban guys tend to be underestimated on offense and he has a quick wrist

awy Today, 01:29 PM Go to last post
    teknetic

That's a s... load of money for a guy without much of a track record and overwhelming numbers. I wouldn't be pissed if they passed on him, granted they

teknetic Today, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    Art Vanderlay

Wanting to dump salary and needing to dump salary are two completely different situations. IMO the comparisons to the Arod trade are invalid because Texas

Art Vanderlay Today, 01:18 PM Go to last post