• Okajima fails physical, will not join Yankees

Left-hander Hideki Okajima -- who gained notoriety for his unorthodox delivery and stellar relief appearances for the Red Sox during the 2007 postseason -- failed his physical and will not be joining the Yankees. Okajima had signed a minor league contract with the team. ....Read More >
  • Recent Forum Posts

rajah

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

I disagree that Severino or any young pitcher with options should be given a long leash to figure out his command and secondary pitches at the major league

rajah Today, 06:07 AM Go to last post
    Melancynic

1. What lack of strikeouts are you speaking of? Montgomery has struck out nearly a batter per inning over ~300 minor league innings. I'm guessing you

Melancynic Today, 03:15 AM Go to last post
    DaBliz

For the record, I'm totally fine with Montgomery getting a spot in the rotation. While I think Green has better stuff--and thus, a higher ceiling--I think

DaBliz Today, 12:17 AM Go to last post
    Melancynic

You can't use spring training performance as THE decider in this scenario though.

One of the two guys had an incredibly impressive couple

Melancynic Yesterday, 10:21 PM Go to last post

Which is really the only metric that matters if it's not an incredibly close race. I still think that Severino can be a quality starter, but I'll trade

51 Yesterday, 09:37 PM Go to last post
    Melancynic

Totally agree. Let him figure it out at the ML level.

Tanaka
    Pineda
    Sabathia
    Severino
    Montgomery

Melancynic Yesterday, 09:28 PM Go to last post