• Yankees announce non-roster invitees

The Yankees have announced their non-roster invitees to Spring Training at present. This includes both free agents signed to minor league contracts like Russell Branyan and Hideki Okajima as well as some of their own prospects and minor leaguers not on the major league roster. In addition to everyone on the 40-man roster, the following players have been extended an invitation to camp. Read More >
  • Recent Forum Posts

rajah

Re: 2017 Spring Training Thread

I disagree that Severino or any young pitcher with options should be given a long leash to figure out his command and secondary pitches at the major league

rajah Today, 06:07 AM Go to last post
    Melancynic

1. What lack of strikeouts are you speaking of? Montgomery has struck out nearly a batter per inning over ~300 minor league innings. I'm guessing you

Melancynic Today, 03:15 AM Go to last post
    DaBliz

For the record, I'm totally fine with Montgomery getting a spot in the rotation. While I think Green has better stuff--and thus, a higher ceiling--I think

DaBliz Today, 12:17 AM Go to last post
    Melancynic

You can't use spring training performance as THE decider in this scenario though.

One of the two guys had an incredibly impressive couple

Melancynic Yesterday, 10:21 PM Go to last post

Which is really the only metric that matters if it's not an incredibly close race. I still think that Severino can be a quality starter, but I'll trade

51 Yesterday, 09:37 PM Go to last post
    Melancynic

Totally agree. Let him figure it out at the ML level.

Tanaka
    Pineda
    Sabathia
    Severino
    Montgomery

Melancynic Yesterday, 09:28 PM Go to last post