PDA

View Full Version : Arod Stays !!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EnricoPalazzo
10-12-06, 09:53 AM
where did arod get this repuattion as a media savy player?

Possible, but highly doubtful. I'm not sure of his contract status, but if that's the case, the Cubs will re-sign him.

you cant always count on the cubs to screw it up.

4bronxbombers
10-12-06, 09:54 AM
When the Yankees finally win a World Series, all of this hoopla will be gone. Arod will be annointed as one of the greatest yankees ever, the fans will begin to accept arod, and we'll look back at the idea of trading Arod as ridiculous.

Let's hope this prediction comes through next Oct. 2007.

SINCE77 2
10-12-06, 10:05 AM
Possible, but highly doubtful. I'm not sure of his contract status, but if that's the case, the Cubs will re-sign him.

I just think that the Cubs are a perfect fit for Arod. He gets a big market team without the big market media woes and a great hitters ballpark. Alex has the opportunity to be "the man" (see: Sosa) in Wrigley, a position which is already taken here. A Yankee WS win is nice and all, but a Cubs WS championship would be as great if not greater than Boston's. He has a chance to be part of a middle of the order tandem with Lee making them lethal. For the Yankees part, all they would ask for would be Zambrano. Now, I don't know much about the Cubs minor league system, but I'm sure they have some nice young pitching to replace Zambrano and they still have Prior. The Cubs problem was offense or lack thereof. Arod would do more for them on a everyday basis than would Zambrano once every five.

Shinebox
10-12-06, 10:07 AM
I just think that the Cubs are a perfect fit for Arod. He gets a big market team without the big market media woes and a great hitters ballpark. Alex has the opportunity to be "the man" (see: Sosa) in Wrigley, a position which is already taken here. A Yankee WS win is nice and all, but a Cubs WS championship would be as great if not greater than Boston's. He has a chance to be part of a middle of the order tandem with Lee making them lethal. For the Yankees part, all they would ask for would be Zambrano. Now, I don't know much about the Cubs minor league system, but I'm sure they have some nice young pitching to replace Zambrano and they still have Prior. The Cubs problem was offense or lack thereof. Arod would do more for them on a everyday basis than would Zambrano once every five.

If the pressure of NY gets to Arod, I am not sure Chicago would be much better. Their media coverage is not much better.

ManilaYankee
10-12-06, 10:53 AM
Amen to that..

Agreed too.

PittsburghYankeeFan
10-12-06, 10:59 AM
He is a FA next season. Maybe he wants to move on and won't agree to an extension. Maybe the Cubs know this and want to get more out of him than a few draft picks. It is possible.

All the more reason to wait until 2008 for the Yanks to sign him.

Gehrig'sGhost
10-12-06, 11:03 AM
.... As bad of an organization as the Cubs are, they're not that bad.

Oh, I beg to differ. ;)

SINCE77 2
10-12-06, 11:12 AM
All the more reason to wait until 2008 for the Yanks to sign him.

And let the Cubs take another 2 years out of his arm in one season? I don't think so.;)

JavyVazquezIsSick
10-12-06, 11:19 AM
A-Rod will never accept a trade to the Cubs their team is in shambles...

Yankee Steve
10-12-06, 11:29 AM
They also have no pitching, with the exception of Zambrano. Wood is supposed to be pitching out of the bullpen next year and Prior is ALWAYS hurt. Of course, so is Wood. Zambrano is the only starter that they can trust - the Cubbies can't trade him. Their problem is not offense - well, maybe it is but it isn't as big a problem as pitching.

wdelaney72
10-12-06, 12:56 PM
This is getting to be fun. I like the Cubs as a suitor for Rodriguez... especially if Sweet Lou gets hired as manager. I think Lou as a manager is the only way Rodriguez agrees on a trade to that hellhole. You are absolutely correct in that Alex is a good fit for the Cubs. What I'm trying to explain to you is that Carlos Zambrano will not be involved in that trade or any other one for that matter. Zambrano is the ONLY stable member of their pitching staff... and he's cheap. Now, if you'd like to speculate on trading Mark Prior for Rodriguez, that's more reasonable. He's worn out his welcome in Chicago, and a player like Alex would justify throwing away the big bonus money the Cubs invested in Prior. BUT, this isn't very favorable to the Yankees. Prior has pitched ZERO sasons DL free. That's right... even in 2003, he spent limited time on the DL. He's got amazing talent, but he's not much of a competitor. I personally think that would be a disaster for the Yankees.

As far as the White Sox go, Rodriquez for McCarthy won't work. The White Sox won't just add a $16 million per year contract and they really like Brandon McCarthy's future. One of the larger contracts on the Sox would have to go with McCarthy. Problem is, they don't really have any bloated contracts to dump off. I think the White Sox would be willing to trade Freddy Garcia or Contreras, but not one of them + McCarthy (and Contreras would have to involve a 3rd team). The only young pitcher you'd get from the White Sox as the knuckleballer, Charlie Haeger. I think the White Sox would like to have Rodriguez, but will only do it if they feel they can come out of the deal on top.

justtxyank
10-12-06, 01:00 PM
Zambrano is not cheap. He made something like 7 million last year I believe and is in his last year of arbitration. He's certainly a barain at his price, but he isn't like Wang still on the minimum.

27IsNext
10-12-06, 01:02 PM

I have said this about a thousand times, and yet no one listens...

diligent_d
10-12-06, 01:18 PM
.290 35 121 113 15

I don't know the full story, but I don't know why every one was so hard on the guy this year. Yeah he stunk it up in the playoffs, but so did pretty much the rest lineup.

TheTinoMobile
10-12-06, 01:24 PM
.290 35 121 113 15

I don't know the full story, but I don't know why every one was so hard on the guy this year. Yeah he stunk it up in the playoffs, but so did pretty much the rest lineup.

His name isn't Derek Jeter.. didn't you get the memo ?

whalers
10-12-06, 01:28 PM
.290 35 121 113 15

The HRs and the RBI were all "tack ons". Didnt you know that?

SINCE77 2
10-12-06, 02:12 PM

Tigers were in shambles last year as well.

MattUNC2003
10-12-06, 02:39 PM
.290 35 121 113 15

If I were getting paid $25 million a year, I'd hit .559 78 389 261 76. He is getting paid that much, and only produced the stat line you gave.

Boo.

JavyVazquezIsSick
10-12-06, 02:43 PM
Tigers were in shambles last year as well.

That is extremely rare, the Tigers at least had good talent (eg. Granderson, Verlander, Zumaya, Bonderman) the potential was always there, while the Cubs do not...

cmaff05
10-12-06, 02:52 PM
The HRs and the RBI were all "tack ons". Didnt you know that?

He also batted -.800 in Close and Late situations.

ICEBERG18
10-12-06, 03:30 PM
As far as the White Sox go, Rodriquez for McCarthy won't work. The White Sox won't just add a $16 million per year contract and they really like Brandon McCarthy's future. One of the larger contracts on the Sox would have to go with McCarthy. Problem is, they don't really have any bloated contracts to dump off. I think the White Sox would be willing to trade Freddy Garcia or Contreras, but not one of them + McCarthy (and Contreras would have to involve a 3rd team). The only young pitcher you'd get from the White Sox as the knuckleballer, Charlie Haeger. I think the White Sox would like to have Rodriguez, but will only do it if they feel they can come out of the deal on top.

If KW was offered A-rod for McCarthy he would ask where's Ashton Kutcher. If Cashman proposed that trade he would be looking for a new job the same day.

The Dynasty
10-12-06, 03:34 PM
If KW was offered A-rod for McCarthy he would ask where's Ashton Kutcher. If Cashman proposed that trade he would be looking for a new job the same day.

Exactly. Cashman isn't stupid.

whalers
10-12-06, 03:38 PM
He also batted -.800 in Close and Late situations.

In close and late situations an out made by arod actually counts as 2. Its the law of salary.

The Q Bomb
10-12-06, 05:36 PM
ARod is staying. Torre is staying.

We fans have to eventually stop acting like spoiled children who think the rest of baseball owes us the World Series every year because we spend $200 million.

...For us as fans to expect everyone to roll over simply because we are the Yankees is as ridiculous as expecting ARod to be traded because he had a few bad postseason series.

No wonder the rest of the baseball world hates us.

Wow! Your post (#431) really makes one stop and think! A lot of good points - however - just because we have it good doesn't mean we can't explore ways (or in our position as fans theories) to make things even better. The one thing that does turn me off about Yankee fans is this constant disparaging of their players. Whether it's dismissing all that Bernie has done for and meant to this team for 15 year; or calling Jeter a selfish bum because he didn't offer to go to third base or the outfield so A-Rod could play shortstop when he arrived; or calling Tony Womack a waste of a human being because he couldn't hit (even as he unselfishly gave advice to the rookie who took his place); to saying A-Rod needs to learn what it means to be a Yankee because he struggled so this year - when anyone can see that even though he failed to execute in so many big spots, the guy works his tail off to help his team; to any number of ridiculously dismissive things stated about our own players is sickening. I'm not suggesting that you don't dissect a player's performance - even old favorites fail to perform and should not be spared the critique - it's this criticizing of the player and not his performance that kills me. The same thing happened to Soriano. Here's a guy who had so many big hits for this team in big spots. He had a hideous post season in 2003 - and his performance should have been criticized - but you would have thought he was an ax murderer the way people carried on about him. (Meanwhile, David Justice was just as bad if not worse in the 2001 playoffs.) A lot of Yankee fans are spoiled brats.