PDA

View Full Version : The Official 24 Season 6 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

jonnyc39
08-29-06, 08:20 AM
So, yeah, it's still another five months until the season starts, but there is plenty of buzz already on what's going to happen in Season Six of the best show on TV. So far, we know the following:

Wayne Palmer will be back in a larger role (President?)
There is talk of filming in NYC, as well as locations in Europe and Asia.
We are likely to see Chloe's ex-husband back in a recurring role.
Milo from Season One will be back.
Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar), Alexander Siddig (Star Trek), and Regina King (Jerry Maguire) have joined the cast in some capacity.

My biggest questions center around what they are going to do about the Chinese. Will the new season start with Jack having already escaped? Is this going to be a "flashback" season, as some speculated months ago? Will we see President Logan or Martha again? What about the President's posse who ran the whole operation last season?

January can't come soon enough.

gdn
08-29-06, 08:48 AM
Kal Penn? Ugh.

As long as we don't see Kim's "psychiatrist" again (well, maybe only so Jack can choke him again), I'll be happy.

The Chinese angle is tough. If they are indeed filming in NYC/Europe, then maybe they do skip over the Chinese. I really think that they're going to leave the Chinese for the movie.

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 08:50 AM
Kal Penn? Ugh.

As long as we don't see Kim's "psychiatrist" again (well, maybe only so Jack can choke him again), I'll be happy.

The Chinese angle is tough. If they are indeed filming in NYC/Europe, then maybe they do skip over the Chinese. I really think that they're going to leave the Chinese for the movie.

To me, this off season would have been time for the movie as the movie could be Jack's escape from the Chinese.

jonnyc39
08-29-06, 08:57 AM
To me, this off season would have been time for the movie as the movie could be Jack's escape from the Chinese.Yeah. If this season doesn't deal with that, it's going to be really hard to back and tell the story. I'm surprised we haven't heard any talk about a plot involving the Chinese yet - one random idea that crossed my mind was that Jack somehow helps thwart a terrorist attack against China and the US while in Chinese custody. Hey, more absurd things have happened...

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 08:59 AM
Yeah. If this season doesn't deal with that, it's going to be really hard to back and tell the story. I'm surprised we haven't heard any talk about a plot involving the Chinese yet - one random idea that crossed my mind was that Jack somehow helps thwart a terrorist attack against China and the US while in Chinese custody. Hey, more absurd things have happened...

As someone who didn't see how the show could continue after season one, I think whatever they come up with will be good. They seem to top each year with the next. I do wish they didn't kill off as many main characters last season as they did.

chanman7483
08-29-06, 09:22 AM
I don't see how the Chinese plot could take place in one day. What's he going to do, try to escape? Then what? What would he be saving the world from? Etc etc etc.

RhodeyYankee2638
08-29-06, 09:48 AM
i mentioned this in the other thread, but Wayne Palmer was confirmed by Kiefer to be president next season. I was kinda hoping it was Secrertary Heller. Regina King is Wayne's wife. other than that, the rumor mill has been hush hush revolving the plot

jonnyc39
08-29-06, 09:49 AM
i mentioned this in the other thread, but Wayne Palmer was confirmed by Kiefer to be president next season. I was kinda hoping it was Secrertary HellerMe too. I'm not a big fan of Wayne Palmer - always comes across with a nervous tone in his voice. Making his brother president won't bring David Palmer back, guys!

JWHIII
08-29-06, 10:06 AM
Me too. I'm not a big fan of Wayne Palmer - always comes across with a nervous tone in his voice. Making his brother president won't bring David Palmer back, guys!
He also looks exactly like Gary Payton. Maybe he will trash talk the Chinese in releasing Bauer.

Dr. Gonzo
08-29-06, 10:14 AM
this isn't the best show on TV by a longshot

it is beyond reality, acting is poor, plots are rediculous, over dramatic. I actually think it is one of the worst.

There is no intelligence behind, it doesn't make anyone think, and the situations make no sense.

the wire is a much better show, and really tells a relevent story.

but i won't judge people for liking it, it is what it is, an escape from reality where no thinking is involved.

gdn
08-29-06, 10:16 AM

it is beyond reality, acting is poor, plots are rediculous, over dramatic. I actually think it is one of the worst.

There is no intelligence behind, it doesn't make anyone think, and the situations make no sense.

but i won't judge people for liking it, it is what it is, an escape from reality where no thinking is involved.It doesn't like you either.

RhodeyYankee2638
08-29-06, 10:37 AM

there seems to be a lot of thinking on here after an episode airs, like a few hundred page threads, but thats not really thinking

chanman7483
08-29-06, 01:24 PM

but i won't judge people for liking it, it is what it is, an escape from reality where no thinking is involved.

okay.

DaBomber25
08-29-06, 02:10 PM
I read in the TV Guide that Season Six would start with Jack returning to the US after a terrorist attack has already taken place and that the nation is in a state we've never seen before on "24".

NYDCYankee
08-29-06, 02:23 PM

Umm it did win the Emmy for Best Drama. I think that means it doesn't stink.

NYDCYankee
08-29-06, 02:24 PM
I would like to see Behrooz come back as a terrorist like his dad was. Mad at Jack and CTU for killing him.

DaBomber25
08-29-06, 02:26 PM

I don't get the logic of him coming into the thread. I don't like "The Simpsons" so if someone started a thread on that I wouldn't go into it. I'd avoid it. Not go in there and tell people how bad a show they like is.

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 02:27 PM

Haha, well I don't think it stinks but an Emmy is hardly good evidence. Kinda like the Gold Glove thing. The Simpsons won for God's sake, that show's not even watchable anymore.

I like 24 but I thought seasons 2 and 3 were the best and I didn't think last season was very good.

The Shield is the best drama I've seen on TV over the past few years, just one man's opinion.

I will still watch every episode of 24 until it's done so I'm always excited for the show to start up again.

NYDCYankee
08-29-06, 02:35 PM
Well I agree this wasn't the best 24 season and I still think Lost was better, but it was about time the show got recognition.

RhodeyYankee2638
08-29-06, 02:59 PM
I don't get the logic of him coming into the thread. I don't like "The Simpsons" so if someone started a thread on that I wouldn't go into it. I'd avoid it. Not go in there and tell people how bad a show they like is.

im pretty sure he's the dude that came into the other 24 thread at the end of every episode and said "this show is trash, its not realisitic, im not watching it ever again"

chanman7483
08-29-06, 03:25 PM
Haha, well I don't think it stinks but an Emmy is hardly good evidence. Kinda like the Gold Glove thing. The Simpsons won for God's sake, that show's not even watchable anymore.

I like 24 but I thought seasons 2 and 3 were the best and I didn't think last season was very good.

The Shield is the best drama I've seen on TV over the past few years, just one man's opinion.

I will still watch every episode of 24 until it's done so I'm always excited for the show to start up again.

Agreed on the Emmy's thing. Just wanted to go on a tangent and comment on The Shield. I've just finished season 3 from Netflix... this show is getting OLD. Same sh*t over and over, but now it's worse b/c they are increasing the amount of time spent on Vic's family and stuff like that. How are season 4/5? Is the effing money train still the main plot?

JWHIII
08-29-06, 03:36 PM
Agreed on the Emmy's thing. Just wanted to go on a tangent and comment on The Shield. I've just finished season 3 from Netflix... this show is getting OLD. Same sh*t over and over, but now it's worse b/c they are increasing the amount of time spent on Vic's family and stuff like that. How are season 4/5? Is the effing money train still the main plot?
I'd tell you, but I don't care for your Shield bashing...;)

I think every season is excellent, without giving anything away, yes the money train plot remains involved the whole way through the series.

SheffRocks11
08-29-06, 03:58 PM
oooh! I can't wait!

Bub
08-29-06, 04:19 PM
I'm not watching this year. I've had enough of the writers painting themselves into a corner then having to come up with something beyond dumb to get themselves out of it.

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 04:43 PM

Well, I'll agree to an extent about the plot. I never got sick of it. The acting is phenomenal, the last two episodes of last season were some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Edit: End hijack.

CoyoteYankee
08-29-06, 04:59 PM
I'm psyched for Season 6. I don't care if it goes beyond the edge of reason, it's damn entertaining!

And for what it's worth, Keifer Sutherland is not good looking, but Jack Bauer is freakin' hot as hell!

SheffRocks11
08-29-06, 05:01 PM
I'm psyched for Season 6. I don't care if it goes beyond the edge of reason, it's damn entertaining!

And for what it's worth, Keifer Sutherland is not good looking, but Jack Bauer is freakin' hot as hell!

He grows on ya...:drool:

RhodyYanksFan
08-30-06, 02:55 PM

You sound like my girlfriend.

I hope they save the Chinese plot for the movie. Seeing Jack go apesh*it in Asia, censor-free will be worth the wait.

The Yankee Kahuna
08-30-06, 04:15 PM
I want to see Chloe fire a rocket launcher this season.

DanB
08-30-06, 06:30 PM
I want to see Chloe fire a rocket launcher this season.
naked

YankeePride1967
08-30-06, 06:52 PM
naked

I would love to see Chloe naked.

Jete&Tino42
08-30-06, 08:43 PM

Makes sense you'd come into a post about it then...

Anyways, IMO this is the best show on TV. I'm so excited for the next season! I love that the show runs non-stop, but I hate having to wait til January for it!

TheTinoMobile
09-07-06, 11:56 PM

Honestly, no one gives a rats ass about your opinion.. so keep it to yourself. If you don't like the show, don't post, it's as simple as that.

What have you seen one episode? Get real, you're post is a joke, as is your taste in television if you think this is one of the worst shows.

Bet you're a Laguna Beach and OC watcher... or perhaps you're a fan of the Sci Fi network, with their wonderful lineup of shows...

jonnyc39
09-08-06, 08:48 AM
Honestly, no one gives a rats ass about your opinion.. so keep it to yourself. If you don't like the show, don't post, it's as simple as that.

What have you seen one episode? Get real, you're post is a joke, as is your taste in television if you think this is one of the worst shows.

Bet you're a Laguna Beach and OC watcher... or perhaps you're a fan of the Sci Fi network, with their wonderful lineup of shows...Clearly 24 fans are a passionate lot.

NYDCYankee
09-08-06, 08:50 AM
Keifer was on Conan last night.

The Yankee Kahuna
09-08-06, 05:50 PM
Keifer was on Conan last night.
I read that he would be, but what was he promoting?

TheTinoMobile
09-08-06, 11:00 PM
Clearly 24 fans are a passionate lot.

Haha yes.. I enjoy this show very much.. so much infact it is almost personal when people insult it.

montrealer
09-09-06, 01:37 PM
I read in the TV Guide that Season Six would start with Jack returning to the US after a terrorist attack has already taken place and that the nation is in a state we've never seen before on "24".

Something like Canada!!:eek:

NYDCYankee
09-09-06, 02:15 PM
I read that he would be, but what was he promoting?

Keifer started a record label and he made a documentary about their tour. I have heard the band before on some late night show, I didn't think they were very good.

montrealer
09-10-06, 09:42 AM
I say Jack should kill them all and let "God " sort them out.

Smithers
09-11-06, 12:37 PM
To really appreciate 24 you have to accept the over the top fiction of it. I mean, cmon, shooting down Air Force 1, dropping nuclear bombs and viruses, a black President (as bad as that might sound, I highly doubt it'll happen any time soon because of racism here), the most crooked President in the history of America, and all of this happened in 5 days. it's just all so out there that you have to go with it.

CoyoteYankee
09-11-06, 12:39 PM

Bet you're a Laguna Beach and OC watcher... or perhaps you're a fan of the Sci Fi network, with their wonderful lineup of shows...

Ummm...are you saying that I can't be a 24 AND Laguna Beach fan? :o

NYDCYankee
09-14-06, 01:10 AM
A little more insight

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2006-09-12-lifeline_x.htm

Here's a 24 revelation: Jack Bauer has a father. Oscar-nominated James Cromwell (Babe) will play Jack's (Kiefer Sutherland) estranged father, Philip, in a recurring role. Eddie Izzard (Dress to Kill) also will appear as a villainous accomplice to an unnamed character in the sixth season, which starts with a battered, bloody Jack in a weakened condition as the USA is facing terror attacks. Other actors signed for the Emmy-winning drama, which returns in January, include Marisol Nichols (In Justice), Harry Lennix (Commander in Chief), Alexander Siddig (Syriana), Carlo Rota andEric Balfour, who returns as Milo.

NYDCYankee
09-14-06, 01:15 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115802324958460145-search.html?KEYWORDS=Jack+Bauer&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

Wall Street Journal editorial entitled Jack Bauer Insurance (I wish I could afford it)

Here are some exerpts:

What would Jack Bauer do? If he worked at the CIA in real life today, the anti-terror hero of Fox's "24" would apparently be buying insurance in case the ACLU or John Kerry decided to sue or subpoena him for protecting America with too much vigor.

The Washington Post reported yesterday that more CIA counterterrorism officers are signing up for private insurance that would pay for civil judgments and legal costs if they are sued or charged with a crime. These are the agents who interrogated Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah and other jihadis, using what President Bush last week called methods that were legal but "tough." Those methods succeeded in breaking these men into divulging information that led to the arrest of other al Qaeda bigs, and to the foiling of plots that could have killed thousands.

Intelligence is the front line of this anti-jihadi conflict, and the danger from the current political second-guessing is that CIA officers will go back to the FBI's law enforcement mentality of reading terrorists their Miranda rights that failed the country leading up to 9/11. The country needs Jack Bauer insurance, too.

John Kerry's angry response:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB115820145982962735-search.html?KEYWORDS=Jack+Bauer&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

CanoForPresident
09-14-06, 06:29 PM
So, yeah, it's still another five months until the season starts, but there is plenty of buzz already on what's going to happen in Season Six of the best show on TV.

Lost is better:P

24 is a great show though. The end of season 5 made me :eek:

and LOL at Eddie Izzard being added to the cast!

yanksphan
10-24-06, 03:42 PM
Looks like Wayne Palmer is president next season.

http://www.24trailer.com/current.asx

jonnyc39
10-24-06, 03:48 PM

http://www.24trailer.com/current.asx Holy ................. Yanksphan, you just made my day with that link.

Smithers
10-24-06, 03:50 PM
I'm putting money on Fox showing the first trailer tonight during the game.

It's the only reason i'll watch the damn thing.

RhodeyYankee2638
10-24-06, 03:58 PM

http://www.24trailer.com/current.asx

I love you

jonnyc39
10-24-06, 04:18 PM
I read in the TV Guide that Season Six would start with Jack returning to the US after a terrorist attack has already taken place and that the nation is in a state we've never seen before on "24".Judging by that trailer it looks like TV Guide was spot on.

yanksphan
10-24-06, 05:33 PM
Judging by that trailer it looks like TV Guide was spot on.

Move over Johnny Damon.

Jack "The Messiah" Bauer is coming.

So, after watching the trailer, did you all get the same feeling about the next pres as I did?

YankeePride1967
10-24-06, 06:19 PM
I can't believe it, but this season coming up actually looks even better than last.

ZYanksRule
10-24-06, 06:25 PM
Move over Johnny Damon.

So, after watching the trailer, did you all get the same feeling about the next pres as I did?

Holy crap.

This is going to be the best season yet.

RhodyYanksFan
10-24-06, 07:08 PM
Move over Johnny Damon.

I hope you don't mean Jeb Bush :barf:

Once again, it looks kickass. I know Kiefer signed on for 3 more years, but I think it might be best if they do kill Jack in this season and have the next (last) two seasons be about either him escaping from China or take place before season 1.

RhodeyYankee2638
10-24-06, 07:52 PM
Once again, it looks kickass. I know Kiefer signed on for 3 more years, but I think it might be best if they do kill Jack in this season and have the next (last) two seasons be about either him escaping from China or take place before season 1.

uh, it doesnt look like he escapes, they give him back

jonnyc39
10-24-06, 07:57 PM
uh, it doesnt look like he escapes, they give him back
Bor-ing.

gdn
10-24-06, 08:20 PM

http://www.24trailer.com/current.asxWon't load for me...do I need to view it in IE?

CptCrunch
10-24-06, 09:51 PM
I hope they bring Behrooz back.

RhodyYanksFan
10-24-06, 09:52 PM
Won't load for me...do I need to view it in IE?

Just got to www.24trailer.com and it'll play in the browser. The link provided wants to open in Windows Media/Winamp.

gdn
10-24-06, 10:01 PM
OMGZZZZZZZZ

I just came in my pants.

YankeePride1967
10-24-06, 10:04 PM
they also just showed the trailer after the 7th inning of game 3 moments ago.

RhodyYanksFan
10-24-06, 10:10 PM
Chloe looks kinda good as a brunette.

Sam18
10-24-06, 10:13 PM

So true.

PinstripePride
10-24-06, 10:22 PM
Chloe is gross.

That trailer was amazing.

Stupid Flanders
10-24-06, 11:53 PM
Won't load for me...do I need to view it in IE?
Yes, it didn't work for me in firefox

jonnyc39
10-25-06, 12:06 AM
Chloe is gross.

That trailer was amazing.
Agreed and...agreed.

spyglass
10-25-06, 12:46 AM
Is it time for the season premier yet?

nhyankeefan
10-25-06, 02:14 AM
It seems like a letdown that China just lets Jack go, but the rest of the trailer looked awesome.

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-06, 06:45 AM
It seems like a letdown that China just lets Jack go, but the rest of the trailer looked awesome.

There has to be a reason they do so other then the President just calling and asking them to. Maybe since it's a "suicide mission" they do it to keep the terrorists from attacking China. :dunno:

Smithers
10-25-06, 10:48 AM
Every time I watch it, I get a big smile on my face.

I'll admit it, I'd probably go gay for Jack Bauer.

YankeePride1967
10-25-06, 10:57 AM

She looks good, period.

bishopvigil
10-25-06, 11:53 AM
I can't believe it, but this season coming up actually looks even better than last.

I hope they tie up the loose ends dealing with Logan. Wouldn't mind seeing him back at the White House, dangling from the Portico!

Thanks for the link to the trailer for the upcoming season. Even the peek at 24 isn't enough to get me to watch the World Series!

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-06, 02:48 PM
I hope they tie up the loose ends dealing with Logan. Wouldn't mind seeing him back at the White House, dangling from the Portico!

I think it'll come out that Logan told the Chinese where to find Jack.

Stupid Flanders
10-25-06, 03:21 PM
She looks good, period.it's nice to see jim lets blind people post here

yankeeman61
10-25-06, 03:34 PM
I wonder if this season could be it for Keifer. He's been hinting about it for awhile. Hopefully not. It's hard to imagine a replacement for him. It just wouldn't be the same. It's too bad Jack Bauer isn't a real life CTU agent. We could really use a guy like that;)

gdn
10-25-06, 03:34 PM
Didn't he sign a three-year extension?

yankeeman61
10-25-06, 03:36 PM
Didn't he sign a three-year extension?

Haven't heard that. That would be a giveaway to his outcome.

Btw, while Chloe is a great character I would rather look at Audrey Raines

yanksphan
10-25-06, 03:38 PM
When Jack Bauer was a child and his parents held an Easter egg hunt for him and his friends, he beat and tortured his parents until they gave the location of all the Easter eggs.

When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack found it and put it back.

Nostradamus once predicted in his journal: "In the century 21st, the one known as Jacques will be the savior of the world... five seasons in a row." Moments later, Jack Bauer knocked down the door, shot Nostradamus in the kneecaps, and yelled "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!"

yankeeman61
10-25-06, 03:42 PM
When Jack Bauer was a child and his parents held an Easter egg hunt for him and his friends, he beat and tortured his parents until they gave the location of all the Easter eggs.

When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack found it and put it back.

Nostradamus once predicted in his journal: "In the century 21st, the one known as Jacques will be the savior of the world... five seasons in a row." Moments later, Jack Bauer knocked down the door, shot Nostradamus in the kneecaps, and yelled "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!"

Very nice! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soriambi
10-25-06, 03:46 PM
Awesome trailer. It'll be interesting to see exactly how they explain the Chinese letting Jack free and how exactly Wayne Palmer is elected President. His becoming President seems odd. Only a few more months until the best show on TV is back on TV. :D

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-06, 03:49 PM
I wonder if this season could be it for Keifer. He's been hinting about it for awhile. Hopefully not. It's hard to imagine a replacement for him. It just wouldn't be the same. It's too bad Jack Bauer isn't a real life CTU agent. We could really use a guy like that;)

Jack could die this season and season 7 take place before season 1.

Soriambi
10-25-06, 03:52 PM
Jack could die this season and season 7 take place before season 1.

Or they could just not have a season after this one, though that wouldn't make much sense with the popularity of the show. I believe that I read somewhere that his extension includes an option by FOX to buy him out or something if they choose to kill him off, but I'm not sure on all of the details of that.

RhodyYanksFan
10-25-06, 03:56 PM
Or they could just not have a season after this one, though that wouldn't make much sense with the popularity of the show. I believe that I read somewhere that his extension includes an option by FOX to buy him out or something if they choose to kill him off, but I'm not sure on all of the details of that.

Seeing as how 24 started this new revolution of serialzed shows that don't start and end each week, I can't see them killing him off at the peak of popularity. Like everything corporate, they'll take it too far and have it jump the shark.

YankeePride1967
10-25-06, 08:24 PM
Haven't heard that. That would be a giveaway to his outcome.

Btw, while Chloe is a great character I would rather look at Audrey Raines

He did towards the end of last year. 3 years at $13 million per. Jack is going nowhere.

SheffRocks11
10-26-06, 05:34 PM
Ahhh! I can't wait!

texasyankee
10-27-06, 07:38 AM
I cant wait for the start....now I understand San Antonio is gonna be attacked by terrorists.....:scared:

First, a hot teaser: I just saw the preview trailer for the sixth season of Fox thriller "24" and, in it, a news bulletin states that San Antonio has been attacked by terrorists.
Man! As if the wait weren't difficult enough for the January premiere of the Kiefer Sutherland drama, this makes it nearly intolerable.

Fox is understandably mum about details, but here's what I gleaned from my glimpse: Cities around the country are under attack — St. Louis, Baltimore, Houston. In the midst of the devastation, a Fox News alert pops on, stating "San Antonio bombing work of terrorists."
Jack Bauer, naturally, is called in and, this time, he appears to be willing to sacrifice his life for his country.
Season 6 of "24", which will begin with a four-hour special premiere Jan. 14 and 15 on Fox, picks up 20 months after last season's finale.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/columnists/jjackle/stories/MYSA102706.1P.jakle.ad1e33.html

CoyoteYankee
10-27-06, 09:08 AM
I need my 24! The premiere can't come on soon enough.

spyglass
10-27-06, 10:20 AM
I cant wait for the start....now I understand San Antonio is gonna be attacked by terrorists.....:scared:
Wait, what? There are terrorists on 24? This is brand new information here! :wtf:

:lol: I can't wait for the new season. Seriously.

jonnyc39
11-09-06, 09:15 AM
Some more updates on season six:

Emmy-nominated Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart are set to return to the real-time thriller in recurring roles. In the show's upcoming sixth season, they will reprise their respective roles as scheming (now former) President Charles Logan and his emotionally unhinged wife, Martha Logan. http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=televisionNews&storyID=2006-11-09T091003Z_01_N09192846_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-24-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=EntNewsTV_C1_%5BFeed%5D-1

Kim Raver will also be back.

RhodyYanksFan
11-09-06, 09:12 PM
Some more updates on season six:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=televisionNews&storyID=2006-11-09T091003Z_01_N09192846_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-24-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=EntNewsTV_C1_%5BFeed%5D-1

Kim Raver will also be back.

I think Logan called the Chinese and told them where and how to get Jack. He's such a great villian. Glad to see him back.

Raver is a main character on The Nine. I hope that A) they didn't cancel that show and B) she doesn't return because she was annoying.

Her father was kickass though. Hope he returns. I think they mentioned him surviving his suicide move last season.

rock
11-09-06, 10:32 PM
Kiefer will be on Letterman in a few minutes. Hopefully he will reveal some stuff on season 6.

I wonder if Kim Bauer will be back in any way this season.

DaBomber25
11-20-06, 09:04 PM
I was watching the first episode ever that I Tivo'd off of A&E and I have a question. I haven't watched Season One in a long time but the 747 is blown up yet I'm 99% positive the photographer appears later in the season at the breakfast. Am I wrong? Or were there survivors?

Sam18
11-20-06, 09:20 PM
I was watching the first episode ever that I Tivo'd off of A&E and I have a question. I haven't watched Season One in a long time but the 747 is blown up yet I'm 99% positive the photographer appears later in the season at the breakfast. Am I wrong? Or were there survivors?

The photographer that shows up later is a hitman who had plastic surgery done to make him look like the dead photographer.

DaBomber25
11-21-06, 05:54 AM
The photographer that shows up later is a hitman who had plastic surgery done to make him look like the dead photographer.

Aaah, thank you.

jonnyc39
11-27-06, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCKcVcUWH8&eurl=

RhodyYanksFan
11-27-06, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCKcVcUWH8&eurl=

Thank you! Although I can't watch at work. This'll get me through the day.

I love how this thread is 4 pages long a month before the season even starts!

jonnyc39
11-27-06, 10:41 AM

I love how this thread is 4 pages long a month before the season even starts!It's just a very short clip but good nonetheless. Here's a second extended trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEiY3dWUV4&mode=related&search=

gdn
11-27-06, 10:42 AM
Damn you for posting this during the day. Now I can't wait to get home and watch the clips :mad:

4bronxbombers
11-27-06, 10:45 AM
Damn you for posting this during the day. Now I can't wait to get home and watch the clips :mad:

omg............wait till you see it. You won't believe it. :eek: :scared:

CptCrunch
11-27-06, 10:46 AM

I love how this thread is 4 pages long a month before the season even starts!

If you watch Prison Break, it was a clip during the commercials last week.

gdn
11-27-06, 10:46 AM
omg............wait till you see it. You won't believe it. :eek: :scared:http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=21847

RhodyYanksFan
11-27-06, 10:50 AM
omg............wait till you see it. You won't believe it. :eek: :scared:

7PM can't come soon enough.

YankeePride1967
11-27-06, 12:59 PM
I know it stinks waitimg from May until January for the season to start, but once it does it's worth it. Non-stop all the way through.

Sam18
11-27-06, 03:12 PM
I wish they hadn't killed off all the good characters in season 5. But the show still kicks ass. Can't wait till January.

RhodyYanksFan
11-27-06, 03:12 PM
I wish they hadn't killed off all the good characters in season 5. But the show still kicks ass. Can't wait till January.

Correction...Curtis is still alive and kicking ass.

savafan
11-27-06, 06:59 PM
Correction...Curtis is still alive and kicking ass.Only because he seemed to disappear for half of last season.

RhodyYanksFan
11-28-06, 06:46 AM
Only because he seemed to disappear for half of last season.

Well he saw everyone around him dropping like flies. He knew better.

RhodyYanksFan
11-28-06, 10:36 AM
That second trailer didn't add much to the old one. I'm looking forward to the preview on the season 5 DVD.

YankeePride1967
11-28-06, 12:31 PM
That second trailer didn't add much to the old one. I'm looking forward to the preview on the season 5 DVD.

Next Tuesday it's out. I have the first 4 seasons and will be adding this one too.

Sam18
11-28-06, 03:11 PM
Anyone know the gun Michelle uses in season 3 when shooting the people in the hotel?

Mariano226
12-01-06, 12:42 AM
Anyone know the gun Michelle uses in season 3 when shooting the people in the hotel?

Doing research?

Sam18
12-01-06, 02:45 AM
Doing research?

No just curious. I thought I saw a P99 but my friend is sure its a Glock. He's probably right but I was wondering if anyone else knew.

Sam18
12-05-06, 07:22 PM
Official Day 6 prequel.

http://thatvideosite.com/video/3686

gdn
12-05-06, 07:37 PM
Holy!

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-06, 08:04 PM
Official Day 6 prequel.

The one on the DVD?

bishopvigil
12-05-06, 08:17 PM
Official Day 6 prequel.

Thank you for the link. I'm looking forward to January.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-06, 08:19 PM
Sweet. I knew he wouldn't get out, but I didn't see those "Americans" being in on it. The best season prequel was when he cursed out that woman who fired him.

The Yankee Kahuna
12-05-06, 08:44 PM
Four hours of "24" in two days. Can we handle that?

RhodeyYankee2638
12-05-06, 08:48 PM
Four hours of "24" in two days. Can we handle that?

I did season 1 with a bunch of friends in 1 day

YankeePride1967
12-05-06, 09:40 PM
Official Day 6 prequel.

Thanks, saved me from putting the DVD in. I got season 5 today.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-05-06, 10:23 PM
I dare you to tell me he doesn't look a little like ted kazinski

Sam18
12-05-06, 11:03 PM
The best season prequel was when he cursed out that woman who fired him.

YES!
"I can find my own fu*kin' job Erin"

ZYanksRule
12-06-06, 12:24 AM
Wow, that was freakin awesome!!!

Sam18
12-06-06, 12:29 AM
Poor Jack, he looked like a scared old man. I was waiting for him to say "Give me a gun" while they were "rescuing" him.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-06, 08:13 AM
Poor Jack, he looked like a scared old man. I was waiting for him to say "Give me a gun" while they were "rescuing" him.

He hasn't said anything in 7 months.

nhyankeefan
12-14-06, 05:53 AM
I was in Circuit City yesterday and saw an extended trailer that I hadn't seen online before. Anyways Behrooz, the son from season 4 was in it. Has anyone else seen this?

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-06, 09:13 AM
I was in Circuit City yesterday and saw an extended trailer that I hadn't seen online before. Anyways Behrooz, the son from season 4 was in it. Has anyone else seen this?

Well...every season needs an annoying kid.

CoyoteYankee
12-14-06, 09:17 AM

I have to say that it was very disturbing to watch Jack clinging to someone's arm as they were running. I didn't like it. It felt like the world was out of balance.

Sam18
12-14-06, 01:07 PM
I have to say that it was very disturbing to watch Jack clinging to someone's arm as they were running. I didn't like it. It felt like the world was out of balance.

Same here. I bet he knew it was a setup and the guy they killed was the wrong guy.

Sam18
12-14-06, 01:50 PM
I wanna see Jack Bauer in a tank this season. I really do.

Sam18
01-05-07, 11:19 PM
Chloe will be on Letterman in a few mins if anyone's interested.

CoyoteYankee
01-05-07, 11:28 PM
Chloe will be on Letterman in a few mins if anyone's interested.

She's pretty odd.

Sam18
01-05-07, 11:35 PM
She's pretty odd.

:lol: :lol: She's freakin' hilarious.

DanB
01-05-07, 11:40 PM
whack-job

DanB
01-05-07, 11:40 PM
but I'd still do her

RhodyYanksFan
01-06-07, 09:46 AM
She gets prettier every season.

Is Audrey gonna be back or is she done for good?

yanksphan
01-06-07, 10:11 AM
IMDB has some stuff (not much) up about season 6.

I won't post any to prevent spoilers, but it's all here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285331/episodes#year-2007

4bronxbombers
01-06-07, 10:22 AM
IMDB has some stuff (not much) up about season 6.

I won't post any to prevent spoilers, but it's all here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285331/episodes#year-2007

This is great for me because I've never watched it and won't be able to catch up by viewing everything I missed.....thanks

I can't wait to start watching it. :)

yanksphan
01-07-07, 10:10 AM
This is great for me because I've never watched it and won't be able to catch up by viewing everything I missed.....thanks

It doesn't matter really. The storylines jump around so much within a season that previous seasons' continuation plots tend to get written out quickly.

You'll enjoy it!

bishopvigil
01-07-07, 10:29 AM

You could rent the previous five seasons. You have just enough time to get caught up before next Sunday! :D

gdn
01-07-07, 10:32 AM
You could rent the previous five seasons. You have just enough time to get caught up before next Sunday! :DI'm going to have to get them on DVD one of these days.

Toaderly
01-07-07, 10:51 AM
My wife and I have been on a non-stop "24" marathon since just before the Holidays. We're just about finished with S4 and, somehow, we're going to get S5 in before next weekend. It's going to suck to have to sit through the commercials once the new season begins. We've gotten awfully spoiled by watching the show on DVDs.

DaBomber25
01-07-07, 11:00 AM
My wife and I have been on a non-stop "24" marathon since just before the Holidays. We're just about finished with S4 and, somehow, we're going to get S5 in before next weekend. It's going to suck to have to sit through the commercials once the new season begins. We've gotten awfully spoiled by watching the show on DVDs.

Not only that but waiting a week in between shows! I've watched all the seasons on DVD (5 on VHS) and I could watch 5, 6 episodes in a row. Now we have to wait SEVEN DAYS. :eek:

Toaderly
01-07-07, 11:23 AM
Not only that but waiting a week in between shows! I've watched all the seasons on DVD (5 on VHS) and I could watch 5, 6 episodes in a row. Now we have to wait SEVEN DAYS. :eek:

No doubt. That's going to suck, too. We've been averaging about 12 episodes in a row (9 straight hours worth). I'm about half tempted to skip the broadcasts and just wait until S6 comes out on DVD.

Nah.

jonnyc39
01-07-07, 11:42 AM
If anyone is interested, the first four episodes of season six have been leaked online. I think I'll wait for next Sunday.
http://www.24weblog.com/

Smithers
01-08-07, 12:03 PM
If anyone is interested, the first four episodes of season six have been leaked online. I think I'll wait for next Sunday.

i downloaded them last night, but i'm unsure if i'm going to watch them or wait the 6 more days.

nhyankeefan
01-08-07, 12:07 PM

I wish I hadn't seen that, I doubt I can wait that long.

nhyankeefan
01-08-07, 12:13 PM
I'm probably thinking too much about this, but how the hell is Jack supposed to get back from China in time to help? Unless the show starts in mid-crisis the attacks will probably take an hour or two, then they need to decide that they want Jack, another hour or two to negotiate with the Chinese and then 8-10 hours to fly him back (at a minimum).

That's anywhere between 10-14 hours that it takes Jack to get back to the US, any idea how the writers will handle that?

Smithers
01-08-07, 12:33 PM
I get the biggest smile on my face when the commercials come on.

Anyone wanna take a shot at the body count this season? I say 36.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 12:34 PM
I'm probably thinking too much about this, but how the hell is Jack supposed to get back from China in time to help? Unless the show starts in mid-crisis the attacks will probably take an hour or two, then they need to decide that they want Jack, another hour or two to negotiate with the Chinese and then 8-10 hours to fly him back (at a minimum).

That's anywhere between 10-14 hours that it takes Jack to get back to the US, any idea how the writers will handle that?

you havent seen the previews which have been out for months?

they ship him back, they dont have any use for him anymorer

nhyankeefan
01-08-07, 12:38 PM
you havent seen the previews which have been out for months?

they ship him back, they dont have any use for him anymorer

I'm not questioning how Jack gets back, just how long it would take. Unless the process for his release has already been discussed before the attacks begin, it seems like it would take an awfully long time for him to get back to the US.

EDIT - a long time in the context of the show

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 12:39 PM
I'm not questioning how Jack gets back, just how long it would take. Unless the process for his release has already been discussed before the attacks begin, it seems like it would take an awfully long time for him to get back to the US.

EDIT - a long time in the context of the show

have you seen the previews? the attacks have already occurred

nhyankeefan
01-08-07, 12:40 PM
have you seen the previews? the attacks have already occurred

I did see the previews, but I thought they were happening in real time. In that case it makes sense that Jack would already be on his way when the show started.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 12:42 PM
I did see the previews, but I thought they were happening in real time. In that case it makes sense that Jack would already be on his way when the show started.

nope they have already occurred

THEBOSS84
01-08-07, 12:44 PM
There was a season 6 first 4 episode review in Friday's NY Daily News...I am too busy to find the link right now, but if someone does it'll be nice to post. It got 4 out of 4 stars yet again.

YankeePride1967
01-08-07, 12:48 PM
I'll wait to watch it live. I have the first five seasons on DVD. When I watched them on DVD I still took breaks so that's how I'll look on the commercials.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-07, 01:10 PM
There was a season 6 first 4 episode review in Friday's NY Daily News...I am too busy to find the link right now, but if someone does it'll be nice to post. It got 4 out of 4 stars yet again.

Stephen King wrote about the first 4 in this week's Entertainment Weekly. Had nothing but good things to say. I forget the exact quote but he said something along the lines of those 4 episodes having more excitement then most other show's have in a season.

DaBomber25
01-08-07, 01:14 PM
nope they have already occurred

Right. What I read was that America had been under attack for the last 11 months and they needed to put a stop to it. Of course Jack Bauer is the only way to stop this and it's quite obvious that America would be getting attacked when he is in the Chinese' possession.

gdn
01-08-07, 01:15 PM
OMG I am SO EXCITED :D :drool:

THEBOSS84
01-08-07, 01:36 PM
Stephen King wrote about the first 4 in this week's Entertainment Weekly. Had nothing but good things to say. I forget the exact quote but he said something along the lines of those 4 episodes having more excitement then most other show's have in a season.

Look at this Stephen King quote from that article (the last line in italics):

24 also remains fresh, I think, because it is regularly watered by the blood of supporting characters — the sort who used to be considered eternal. This grisly but effective ritual began with the murder of Jack's wife, Teri Bauer (Leslie Hope), in season 1 and reached its apogee last year, when writers and producers knocked off lovable teddy bear Edgar Stiles (Louis Lombardi). And just when you thought there was no one else worth mourning...along comes another of these shockers this year.

jonnyc39
01-08-07, 01:40 PM
Look at this Stephen King quote from that article:

They better not kill Curtis.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-07, 01:51 PM

I'll be so mad if they do. They already got rid of Tony. If they ax Curtis then Jack will have nobody to help him in the field. I don't see it happening. Hopefully it's Kim.

PinstripePride
01-08-07, 02:38 PM

They kill Curtis and season 6 will be the last one I watch.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 03:13 PM
Hopefully it's Kim.

I think you nailed it. She is worthless already to the show, but her death would make Jack really, really, really scary

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 03:14 PM
I was reading Bauer's biography on wikipedia, and apparently his father will be in Season 6

Soriambi
01-08-07, 03:17 PM
I think you nailed it. She is worthless already to the show, but her death would make Jack really, really, really scary

That's what I'm hoping for. Also, Audrey is a possibility as I believe she's on a new show. I'm not even sure whether she'll be on at all this season, but if she is it could be just to kill her.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-07, 03:25 PM
I was reading Bauer's biography on wikipedia, and apparently his father will be in Season 6

Played by Dr. Zefram Cochrane

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 03:31 PM
MOTHER F*CKER

I accidently read a spoiler about season 6. You guys are gonna sh!t your pants when you find out what happens. I'm really pissed now, DAMN

AMC
01-08-07, 03:34 PM
I had never seen the show before so I rented the first two seasons on Netflix from November to December. I started watching Season 3 but then lost interest. I just read all the episode recaps for the rest of the shows because I wasn't up to watching it anymore. I think the problem was 24 overkill watching all of that back-to-back. My brain needed a break. ;) I'll just start watching again when Season 6 begins and not bother with 4 or 5.

This may sound mean but I was glad they killed his wife in Season 1 and I was hoping his daughter would have bit the bullet by Season 2 because she annoys the heck out of me. Hopefully she'll be gone soon.

What happened to Tony? I don't recall reading about his death in the recaps.

AMC
01-08-07, 03:35 PM
MOTHER F*CKER

I accidently read a spoiler about season 6. You guys are gonna sh!t your pants when you find out what happens. I'm really pissed now, DAMN

Where can I find it? I like spoilers.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-07, 03:36 PM
I had never seen the show before so I rented the first two seasons on Netflix from November to December. I started watching Season 3 but then lost interest. I just read all the episode recaps for the rest of the shows because I wasn't up to watching it anymore. I think the problem was 24 overkill watching all of that back-to-back. My brain needed a break. ;) I'll just start watching again when Season 6 begins and not bother with 4 or 5.

This may sound mean but I was glad they killed his wife in Season 1 and I was hoping his daughter would have bit the bullet by Season 2 because she annoys the heck out of me.

What happened to Tony. I don't recall reading about his death in the recaps.

Yeah his wife was really annoying.

Tony was about to poison Henderson after he found out that he was behind Michelle's death, but Henderson woke up and stabbed Tony in the chest with the syringe filled with poison

gdn
01-08-07, 03:38 PM
Milo is back!

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 03:38 PM
Where can I find it? I like spoilers.

I'm going to pm you, i'd like you to post your reaction here

AMC
01-08-07, 03:39 PM
Yeah his wife was really annoying.

Tony was about to poison Henderson after he found out that he was behind Michelle's death, but Henderson woke up and stabbed Tony in the chest with the syringe filled with poison

Thanks. Oh wow. I didn't realize they had both been killed. I must have skipped a lot of recaps (they were very long) to have missed that.

AMC
01-08-07, 03:40 PM

Great. Thanks. :)

gdn
01-08-07, 03:40 PM
I'm going to pm you, i'd like you to post your reaction hereYeah, me too!

AMC
01-08-07, 03:41 PM
Milo is back!

I like Milo. He never annoyed me like that actress from Roseanne did.

AMC
01-08-07, 03:44 PM

Unfortunately I can't give you a good reaction because I wasn't watching when Curtis was on so I don't know who he is. Did he show up after Season 3? I never got further than the first couple of episodes of Season 3. Now that I think about it, I must have skipped a hell of a lot of recaps although I do recall Curtis being mentioned. Maybe I shouldn't have given up on catching up on the show so soon.

I'm going to the 24 website to read up a bit more on everything.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-08-07, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately I can't give you a good reaction because I wasn't watching when Curtis was on so I don't know who he is. Did he show up after Season 3? I never got further than the first couple of episodes of Season 3. Now that I think about it, I must have skipped a hell of a lot of recaps although I do recall Curtis being mentioned. Maybe I shouldn't have given up on catching up on the show so soon.

I'm going to go to the 24 website and read up a bit more on everything.

Hahaha, ok

AMC
01-08-07, 03:47 PM
Hahaha, ok

Now I feel like I'm missing out on something but I honestly couldn't take anymore episodes after watching 50 of them in less than a month. I was seriously burned out. Watching the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica back-to-back didn't burn me out but 24 did. Maybe it was the intense format that wore me out. ;)

Toaderly
01-08-07, 05:10 PM
I think we're getting close to being burned out. Not because we don't enjoy the show, but because we're so stressed out from watching, basically, the first four seasons non-stop. The stress is about to kill us. We started S5 last night and plan on completing it in time for the S6 Premiere. I may need to take a vacation day from work next Tuesday.

nhyankeefan
01-08-07, 06:08 PM

Wow, that reminds of when Saunders made Jack kill the priest from Sopranos in season 3. It's the only scenario that makes sense - Jack being forced to kill Curtis

montrealer
01-08-07, 06:26 PM
I think we're getting close to being burned out. Not because we don't enjoy the show, but because we're so stressed out from watching, basically, the first four seasons non-stop. The stress is about to kill us. We started S5 last night and plan on completing it in time for the S6 Premiere. I may need to take a vacation day from work next Tuesday.

Small doses.......it`s the only way.

Sam18
01-08-07, 08:56 PM
I watched seasons 1-4 in about a month. A week per season. November/December was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Smithers
01-09-07, 11:12 AM
I watched seasons 1-4 in about a month. A week per season. November/December was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

I rewatched 1-4 back over the summer. It was like seeing an old girlfriend ending up sleeping with her. It was a lot of fun reliving the memories, but you just want something new.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-09-07, 11:14 AM
I rewatched 1-4 back over the summer. It was like seeing an old girlfriend ending up sleeping with her. It was a lot of fun reliving the memories, but you just want something new.

My favorite moment in the series is probably in season 4 when Tony saves Jacks ass. It was awsome. I could watch that scene all day

Smithers
01-09-07, 11:22 AM
My favorite moment in the series is probably in season 4 when Tony saves Jacks ass. It was awsome. I could watch that scene all day

for me it's the last 20 minutes of Season 3. hands down.

i made a funny.

yanksphan
01-09-07, 12:16 PM
One of my favorite moments was the Russian Roulette game in prison (during the riot)

That was some intense, heart pounding stuff.

DaBomber25
01-09-07, 01:19 PM
for me it's the last 20 minutes of Season 3. hands down.

i made a funny.

:lol: I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that I hadn't eaten yet, but when I read this before lunch I had no idea what you were talking about and then I get back and it hits me within a second.

Good funny. :2thumbs:

TheYankee
01-09-07, 11:38 PM
What sucks the most is I watched the first 18 hours of Season 5, and then I was gone every time the last 6 episodes were on so I completely missed the ending of season 5... :(

NYDCYankee
01-09-07, 11:45 PM
190 posts and the season hasn't even started yet.

Sam18
01-09-07, 11:48 PM
Well I made my friend read Rhodey's spoiler and his jaw dropped and then proceeded to tell me what it was. I must say....I'm happy I found out now.

NYDCYankee
01-09-07, 11:56 PM
Well I made my friend read Rhodey's spoiler and his jaw dropped and then proceeded to tell me what it was. I must say....I'm happy I found out now.

My curiousity is piqued, but I am not sure I want to know.

Sam18
01-10-07, 12:06 AM
My curiousity is piqued, but I am not sure I want to know.

Give in to it!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

NYDCYankee
01-10-07, 12:10 AM
Give in to it!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

It's so tempting...

But I was angry that I knew some of the Lost characters were going to get killed off before the actually did.

I think I will resist.

RhodeyYankee2638
01-10-07, 12:14 AM
we are just screwin with you, the first 4 episodes are pretty slow paced, jack gets a hair cut, a bj, etc. nothin big

NYDCYankee
01-10-07, 12:22 AM
we are just screwin with you, the first 4 episodes are pretty slow paced, jack gets a hair cut, a bj, etc. nothin big

JB needs a slow paced day. It might be nice to see.

Smithers
01-10-07, 12:08 PM
i watched the first two last night.

wow.
just wow.

i have a feeling this will be kiefer's best acting job of all the seasons.

nhyankeefan
01-10-07, 12:39 PM
i watched the first two last night.

wow.
just wow.

i have a feeling this will be kiefer's best acting job of all the seasons.

I watched them too, similar reaction to them. I tried to download the next two, but it said they no longer existed, are you having a similar problem?

Smithers
01-10-07, 12:44 PM
I watched them too, similar reaction to them. I tried to download the next two, but it said they no longer existed, are you having a similar problem?

i have them, havent checked to make sure they work, but i'm pretty sure they do.

PM me what you used to get them and maybe i can point you in the right direction.

Sam18
01-12-07, 01:07 AM
Ok so I gave in and started watching season 6...Jack's first kill in this season: Greatest. Kill. Ever. Better than when he blew up the dude with the cellphone imo.

Smithers
01-12-07, 11:32 AM
Ok so I gave in and started watching season 6...Jack's first kill in this season: Greatest. Kill. Ever. Better than when he blew up the dude with the cellphone imo.

have you watched all 4 yet? they will blow your f'n mind.

this is shaping up to be the best season of all. i can't wait until tuesday to talk about it.

Soriambi
01-12-07, 11:35 AM

Ugh, great job spoiling everyone and telling us Jack would kill someone this season.

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 11:43 AM
24 Rookie here. Never watched the show (loser) and am looking forward to watching it. First episode is 2 hours right? I should check the website to be sure. I'm psyched to become a 24 addict. :D

CoyoteYankee
01-12-07, 11:45 AM
have you watched all 4 yet? they will blow your f'n mind.

this is shaping up to be the best season of all. i can't wait until tuesday to talk about it.

Good god I can't wait for the season to start.

Smithers
01-12-07, 11:45 AM
24 Rookie here. Never watched the show (loser) and am looking forward to watching it. First episode is 2 hours right? I should check the website to be sure. I'm psyched to become a 24 addict. :D

8-10pm Sunday
8-10pm Monday

and if these first 4 don't get you hooked, well, then you have no soul.

Bub
01-12-07, 11:50 AM
8-10pm Sunday
8-10pm Monday

and if these first 4 don't get you hooked, well, then you have no soul. Since there's about 20 minutes of commercial per hour, we'll turn the DVD recorder on at 8:40 each night and watch it commercial free. I can't watch live TV anymore...way too spoiled.

gdn
01-12-07, 01:05 PM
Since there's about 20 minutes of commercial per hour, we'll turn the DVD recorder on at 8:40 each night and watch it commercial free. I can't watch live TV anymore...way too spoiled.It's commercial free.

gdn
01-12-07, 01:22 PM
The 24 most shocking moments of 24:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=ebb726d9-0518-4aa0-885c-1969102699f6

BEWARE LOTS OF SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED ALL THE SEASONS AND ARE PLANNING TO DO SO.

Smithers
01-12-07, 01:24 PM

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=ebb726d9-0518-4aa0-885c-1969102699f6

the end of season 3 is only #19!?!?!?!?!

after Monday, there will be a new number 1. i kid you not.

CoyoteYankee
01-12-07, 02:01 PM

BEWARE LOTS OF SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED ALL THE SEASONS AND ARE PLANNING TO DO SO.

What a fantastic list! I don't agree with the order but reading back through all those great moments was a lot of fun!

RhodeyYankee2638
01-12-07, 02:11 PM
the end of season 3 is only #19!?!?!?!?!

after Monday, there will be a new number 1. i kid you not.

as i said, i accidently read a spoiler about that episode, and i assure you thats the new #1

RhodeyYankee2638
01-12-07, 02:21 PM
This moment was BADASS
3) Jack Kills a Witness (Day 2)
Moment: The second season starts off with a bang (literally), when the newly reinstated Jack is assigned by CTU to interrogate a witness and abruptly shoots the man in the chest.
Terror Alert Level: Orange. This “holy ................!” moment signaled a dramatic shift in our beloved protagonist: his wife’s death has turned him into a dark, tortured, murderous antihero. Plus, the shocking killing is immediately followed by the best line Jack has ever uttered in the history of the entire series: “I’m gonna need a hacksaw.”

So awsome

gdn
01-12-07, 02:22 PM
This moment was BADASS
Moment: The second season starts off with a bang (literally), when the newly reinstated Jack is assigned by CTU to interrogate a witness and abruptly shoots the man in the chest.
Terror Alert Level: Orange. This “holy ................!” moment signaled a dramatic shift in our beloved protagonist: his wife’s death has turned him into a dark, tortured, murderous antihero. Plus, the shocking killing is immediately followed by the best line Jack has ever uttered in the history of the entire series: “I’m gonna need a hacksaw.”

So awsomeYeah, I remember that. That was unbelievable!

gdn
01-12-07, 02:23 PM
I also loved Edgar's death and the revealing of the mole in Season 1.

Smithers
01-12-07, 02:30 PM
just a suggestion, you guys might wanna spoiler those.

gdn
01-12-07, 02:35 PM
Even Gael's character and the revelation that he wasn't a mole was pretty shocking and well done

CoyoteYankee
01-12-07, 02:39 PM
This moment was BADASS

So awsome

Totally agree. That was ridiculously good.

Sam18
01-12-07, 03:46 PM
Even Gael's character and the revelation that he wasn't a mole was pretty shocking and well done

No that was horrible. That's why the first half of season 3 was total crap.

Smithers
01-12-07, 03:46 PM
i'm surprised Jack "killing" Paul Raines by making the doctor stop working on him isn't on the list.

rock
01-12-07, 04:35 PM
i'm surprised Jack "killing" Paul Raines by making the doctor stop working on him isn't on the list.

Yes! One of my favorite scenes from that season. I've watched that scene many times.

AMC
01-12-07, 04:40 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have given up on the show after watching the first two seasons and part of the third. I just couldn't watch it anymore because I watched 50 or so episodes in such a short period of time when I rented the DVDs from Netflix. I think it will be more enjoyable watching it on a weekly basis. I'll definitely be watching on Sunday and Monday so hopefully I'll want to stick with it after that.

Toaderly
01-12-07, 04:59 PM
Four DVD's left to go on S5 then we're all caught up. We should be done sometime late tomorrow night. I still don't know how we're going to be able to cope with the five minute long commercial breaks once S6 starts Sunday night.

THEBOSS84
01-12-07, 05:01 PM
Alright I've decided I need to watch the first 4 episodes tonight...please someone give me the link...now!!!

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 05:04 PM
Alright I've decided I need to watch the first 4 episodes tonight...please someone give me the link...now!!!

You crazy person......I'll be doing the same thing this weekend. :lol:

THEBOSS84
01-12-07, 05:09 PM
You crazy person......I'll be doing the same thing this weekend. :lol:

No no no...I read your previous posts. I need to watch the first 4 episodes of season 6...you never watched any season correct? I'm completely up to date.

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 05:20 PM
No no no...I read your previous posts. I need to watch the first 4 episodes of season 6...you never watched any season correct? I'm completely up to date.

Oh - well that's not bad then. :D

I'll be lost. :-ponder-: I'm thinking of just trying to squeeze season 6 in the next few days since I can't walk (injury).

I've also been reading stuff on the website. :)

CoyoteYankee
01-12-07, 05:21 PM
Oh - well that's not bad then. :D

I'll be lost. :-ponder-: I'm thinking of just trying to squeeze season 6 in the next few days since I can't walk (injury).

I've also been reading stuff on the website. :)

Do you mean Season 5? Season 6 hasn't started yet.

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 05:28 PM
Do you mean Season 5? Season 6 hasn't started yet.

Oh. I was going by the above post that said Season 6. idk - I'll just ask the guy at BlockBuster what i need.

nhyankeefan
01-12-07, 05:28 PM

This link works. How long does it take most people to download these shows? It usually takes me a few hours so I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=24+s06

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 05:29 PM

This was a great read! :)

CoyoteYankee
01-12-07, 05:32 PM
Oh. I was going by the above post that said Season 6. idk - I'll just ask the guy at BlockBuster what i need.

The first 4 hours of Season 6 are available for download on the internet for those that are unable to wait until Sunday and Monday!

YankeePride1967
01-12-07, 08:44 PM

two hours Sunday and two hours Monday. They really jump right into it. Also, what other show has 232 replies to it BEFORE an episode even airs?

4bronxbombers
01-12-07, 09:11 PM
two hours Sunday and two hours Monday. They really jump right into it. Also, what other show has 232 replies to it BEFORE an episode even airs?

Good point Rocket. :)

Sam18
01-12-07, 10:02 PM
If you're lazy and don't wanna download the first two episodes of season 6 but wanna watch it, PM me.

nhyankeefan
01-12-07, 10:44 PM
Holy sh*t, just watched the third and fourth episodes. The last 15 minutes of the 4th episode are amazing. I think there are three moments, that have already happened in the first four hours that would easily crack the top 10, if not top 5, of the most shocking moments.

AMC
01-13-07, 12:40 AM
If you're lazy and don't wanna download the first two episodes of season 6 but wanna watch it, PM me.

Thanks for that. I enjoyed the first two episodes although I liked the second one better. :)

Sam18
01-13-07, 12:55 AM
Thanks for that. I enjoyed the first two episodes although I liked the second one better. :)

So did I.

minor spoilers:

how cool was it when Jack bit the dude to death? Vampire Jack is awesome.

AMC
01-13-07, 12:59 AM
So did I.

minor spoilers:

how cool was it when Jack bit the dude to death? Vampire Jack is awesome.

That was pretty cool. Jack Bauer is a bada$$. ;)

I wasn't able to get Episodes 3 and 4 so I'll either try again some other time or wait until Monday.

THEBOSS84
01-13-07, 01:07 AM
Ok, just finished episodes 1 and 2 thanks to Sam18's link (which I must say is probably the best TV episode website I will ever see). I love the plot...very real. I wish I can watch episodes 3 and 4 now.

gdn
01-13-07, 10:28 AM
Hey don't ruin it for the rest of us by talking about it. Thanks.

DaBomber25
01-13-07, 11:11 AM

Seriously. Even with the spoiler warning it kinda sucks.

Sam18
01-13-07, 01:42 PM

we didn't give anything away douchebag

DaBomber25
01-13-07, 01:49 PM
Even the "Oh, the last 15 minutes of this episode were amazing" or "The way Bauer killed that one guy ten minutes into episode one was his best kill ever!" sucks 'cause now we're anticipating it.

Sam18
01-13-07, 01:51 PM
Even the "Oh, the last 15 minutes of this episode were amazing" or "The way Bauer killed that one guy ten minutes into episode one was his best kill ever!" sucks 'cause now we're anticipating it.

Hey we didn't say WHEN Jack kills a guy.

gdn
01-13-07, 01:53 PM
Yeah, just don't talk about it. If you want, start a 24 Season 6 spoilers thread and talk about it there.

4bronxbombers
01-13-07, 05:25 PM
Well I guess I won't be renting Season 5 - I'll never get through the whole thing before tomorrow night.

Sam18
01-13-07, 05:26 PM
Well I guess I won't be renting Season 5 - I'll never get through the whole thing before tomorrow night.

Shhh you're giving away spoilers!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CptCrunch
01-13-07, 05:27 PM

24 episodes in 25.5 hours, that's plenty of time.

Sam18
01-13-07, 05:28 PM
24 episodes in 25.5 hours, that's plenty of time.

yeah it takes about 18 hours to view each season I heard