PDA

View Full Version : "The Descent"

jlw1980
08-07-06, 12:13 AM
So I wanted to see a horror flick and did I ever get one!! This movie is full of blood, guts, gore, and scary creatures. Parts of it caught me unawares. Overall, it's a pretty good scary movie. Most horror movies are lame these days, but this one was pretty well made. (Oh, and for the guys -- it's about 6 very hot chicks who go spelunking. ;) )

I was, however, really irritated that a couple down the row from me brought a little girl who appeared to be 5-6 years of age. Some people are just plain idiots. The film was quite frightening in parts, and bringing such a small child was totally inappropriate and irresponsible. It irked me.

Yankeeah
08-07-06, 09:35 AM
I mentioned this in the "Thread for movies that doesnt warrant their own thread," I saw this movie many months ago. I liked it a lot, and I want to see the US version as the ending is different.

NYYFAN
08-07-06, 09:59 AM
It should be on DVD any day now...

RhodyYanksFan
08-07-06, 10:33 AM
It should be on DVD any day now...

I think this one might make some good money and be around for a while. It's one of the only non-remakes/non-sequels horror films to come out in a few years.

DkNNy79
08-07-06, 11:32 AM
My roommate saw it and said it was one of the scariest movies she's ever seen. She totally recommended it.

I can't wait to go see it.

Its a British movie...she said that they toned down the ending for American audiences.

JfromJersey
08-07-06, 12:01 PM
I mentioned this in the "Thread for movies that doesnt warrant their own thread," I saw this movie many months ago. I liked it a lot, and I want to see the US version as the ending is different.

Supposedly, the ending to the US version is not as good.

RhodyYanksFan
08-07-06, 01:13 PM
I'll wait for DVD. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but I've heard alot of good things about this one. I'd rather see the original ending which will no doubt be on the DVD.