PDA

View Full Version : The curse strikes Marte, Almonte and maybe others!!!!!

PinstripePride
06-14-01, 05:05 PM
I've done it again! For those who have seen my last post, you know what this is about, me accidentally destroying the carrers of any player I collect a card or autograph of. For the others who didn't see my last post, here's the story: Every time I buy a Yankee minor leaguer's card or get their autograph their career takes a turn for the worst, most of the time within a couple of weeks or so, but some within days! It's happened so many times, its almost scary....here's the list:

Craig dingman-
Got his card
Somehow ends up playing for a team called the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.....I'm still wondering howl this happened...

Willy Mo Pena-
Got his card and got it autographed
Blows out his knee on Tommy Winrow's face, then later on, to top it all off, he's traded.

Nick johnson (I cursed the poor guy twice)-
1) Got his card
Breaks his wrist- out for season
2) Got his autograph after he comes back the following year
Tears something in his thumb, sidelined in the midst of a hot streak

Drew Henson (I cursed the poor guy twice too)-
1) Got his card
Traded
2) Got his card after he rejoind the Yanks
Breaks his hand- day before being promoted to AAA

Tiger Wang-
Got his card and autograph
Mysteriously ends up on the DL for the season (If anyone can let me know how, I'd appreciate the help)

D'angelo Jimenez (Yet another who was cursed twice)-
1) Got his card
Breaks his neck- Nearly dies in the car accident
2) Got another card of his and got it autographed
Traded

Jackson Melian-
Got his card and later got it autographed
Traded

David Walling-
Got his autograph and his card soon after
Quits baseball

Damaso Marte
Got his card
Traded

Erick Almonte
Got his card and got it autographed
Demoted

Just today I heard trade rumors that had David Wells back in a Yankee uniform by the weekend in exchange for 2 of the following......Randy Keisler, Juan Rivera, Alex Graman, Brandon Claussen and D'Angelo Jiminez. And yep, you guessed it, I got a card or an autograph of every one of these guys recently! ARRRRGGGG I CAN'T WIN!!!!!!!!!

Who thinks I should start getting met cards.......? :lol:

-Pinstripe

Chris
06-14-01, 05:11 PM
Forget met cards, go buy a bunch of Manny Ramirez and Pedro cards, and I wouldn't sweat the David Wells thing too much.

I think alot of it has to do with the Met-Yankee stage coming up, George is looking for better performers for the theater, in my opinion (and hopes)

Elfdood
06-14-01, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't trade <i>one</i> of those guys for David Wells, let alone two. I hope that trade rumor is just that - a rumor - and nothing more.

DandyRandy48
06-14-01, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Craig dingman-
Got his card
Somehow ends up playing for a team called the Colorado Springs Sky Sox.....I'm still wondering howl this happened...

We traded Dingman and Tessmer for David Lee, a Colorado Rockies prospect.

Lorie
06-14-01, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry that Almonte got demoted and all, but I'm glad for me 'cause I get to see him play when the Navigators come to Binghamton next month. :D

Gator
06-14-01, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Cat Man

We traded Dingman and Tessmer for David Lee, a Colorado Rockies prospect.

And they traded Lee to the Padres for the King of Inherited Runners himself, Carlos Almanzar

ClayBelle
06-15-01, 12:32 AM
PinstripePride, I'm beggin' ya, stay away from Clay. ;)

bagger015
06-15-01, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by chriscary
Forget met cards, go buy a bunch of Manny Ramirez and Pedro cards

:lol: First thing I thought of Chris. :)

PinstripePride
06-15-01, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ElDuque110

And they traded Lee to the Padres for the King of Inherited Runners himself, Carlos Almanzar
I'm so glad someone else notices it, how Almanzar seems to be on a mission to raise every other Yankee pitcher's ERA, while keeping his own at 0.00. I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's this! :lol:

Spencerholic
06-15-01, 10:57 PM
Don't worry I've noticed too. Every time the guy comes in, the score goes up ;)

PinstripePride
06-16-01, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by ClayBelle
PinstripePride, I'm beggin' ya, stay away from Clay. ;)
I'll try! :D
BTW, You did hear that he got called up with Justice going on the DL, right?

ClayBelle
06-16-01, 11:20 PM
Thanks for staying away PP! It worked. ;) Yes, I was in Syracuse to see him when he got the call.

MD Yankee Fan
06-19-01, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride

Tiger Wang-
Got his card and autograph
Mysteriously ends up on the DL for the season (If anyone can let me know how, I'd appreciate the help)

Chien-Mien Wang torn up his labrum and had shoulder surgery. At least that is what I heard.

Slippery Elm
06-19-01, 11:02 PM
Please get an Almanzar card - or is that OVERKILL!!

PinstripePride
06-26-01, 09:06 AM
Yes, again it has struck. The curse got another of my minor leaguers...this time- D'Angelo Jiminez. And yes, I did get his card and autograph....I have updated the list to add the 2nd curse on him. Poor D'Angelo, that fateful day he signed for me....I guess he never really had a chance....none of them did.......

# 21 Forever
06-26-01, 09:13 AM
Pinstripe, Please start collecting Red Sox cards and autographs! PLEEEASE!!!!!!! :D