PDA

View Full Version : The -$1 thread

Big_E
07-19-06, 08:40 AM
The first player signed to a multi-year deal was waived.

Andy Pettitte (2 yrs/$13 per) by Kings of Arbitration. Therefore K of A will have only $259 instead of $260 in next year's auction.

This will be adjusted by adding $1 to the price of one of his keepers when the keepers are loaded, and then the $1 will be subtracted once the auction is completed.

(Edit: I am checking all the rosters now to see if I missed any...this caught my eye because he was picked up on waivers, in which case I check to make sure the salary is $10 or more...)

OK...Clint Barmes was also released recently by Striking Back. Striking Back will also have his payroll reduced to $259 in next year's auction.

I need to check the rules and history about Edwin Jackson. He was released at the beginning of the season, but I believe officially he was "reserved" because he was sent to the minors...but since he's back in the majors now, does he have to be recalled by the A-Team? And if not, does he count as a -$1 penalty?

To summarize (with Boo's comments below):

Kings of Arbitration: -$1 for releasing Andy Pettitte
Striking Back: -$1 for releasing Clint Barmes
The A-Team v.2006: -$1 for releasing Edwin Jackson
Giambianblast: -$2 for releasing Casey Kotchman

boo_427
07-19-06, 10:17 AM
I need to check the rules and history about Edwin Jackson. He was released at the beginning of the season, but I believe officially he was "reserved" because he was sent to the minors...but since he's back in the majors now, does he have to be recalled by the A-Team? And if not, does he count as a -$1 penalty?

Hit me with it. He should have already been activated. I forgot about him to tell you the truth. Consider him free for the taking and a -$1 for the Soldiers of Fortune.

Soriambi
07-19-06, 12:43 PM
Eric? Eric asking a rules question?? I think that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse. :eek:

Stickied. ;)

Hitman23
07-19-06, 01:35 PM
first he accepts a trade by mistake, and now this.

Everything that was once stable in my life is now ruined. I don't know what i'm gonna do. The white coats are coming, hopefully they'll let me have access to set my roster this weekend.

Big_E
07-19-06, 06:17 PM
Eric? Eric asking a rules question?? I think that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse. :eek:

:roflmao:

ruthianblast
10-04-06, 04:52 PM
I get docked $1 for dropping Kotchman.

Big_E
03-18-07, 01:06 PM
For the record, the following players have had $1 ADDED to their cost at fantasyauctioneer.com:

Carlos Guillen, GHR714
Ryan Dempster, Striking Back
Josh Barfield, A-Team, V. 2007
Brad Hawpe, Kings of Arbitration
Scott Rolen, Kings of Arbitration

This is to enforce the -$1 penalties each of those teams incurred when dropping a player from a multi-year contract. The affected players will have their salaries reduced to the correct amounts when I load the rosters at Sportsline.

Big_E
04-03-07, 10:08 PM
Please unsticky this thread...