PDA

View Full Version : Canseco Speaks Out...Again

Bern51
07-03-06, 09:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2508749

He also said Monday that New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez told him after Dan Marino's Pro-Am golf tournament about six years ago that Canseco was being "blackballed" by baseball.
"I challenge him in a polygraph test to say no," Canseco said.

Oh, Jose, you're quite an entertainer...

JDPNYY
07-03-06, 09:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2508749

He also said Monday that New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez told him after Dan Marino's Pro-Am golf tournament .............

Was Jose a caddy?

Rice14
07-03-06, 10:16 PM
Man, six years ago Canseco was a 36 year old who hit .252 with 15 HRs and couldn't play a lick of defense.

I bet teams were pissed that MLB forced them not to sign him.

ZYanksRule
07-03-06, 10:20 PM
Shut up, Jose. Seriously.

Sultans of Swing
07-04-06, 12:09 AM
Canseco can suck the sweatiest part of my anatomy. He needs to STFU. Good job exposing the steroid crisis in baseball, hotshot, that YOU happened to be balls deep in. Now disappear. :mad:

BigCheese
07-04-06, 02:12 AM
He then proceeded to strike out swinging twice, get beaned, then strike out looking.

Time to Re-juice, Jose.

yankeebot
07-04-06, 07:16 AM
Shut up, Jose. Seriously. I disagree. Although I doubted him initially and still think his intentions were self-serving, he has credibility no matter how bad a taste it leaves. If he has more to reveal, I want him talking.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13692345/

Earlier, Canseco called Major League Baseball “the mafia” for the way it has handled the game’s steroids scandal and suggested that the sport will discipline only certain players and might even hide the truth when it comes to big-name stars and positive tests.
<TABLE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT>getCSS("3053751")</SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
He plans to fight baseball to bring out the truth.

“They’re mafia, point blank, they’re mafia,” Canseco said. “I don’t think Major League Baseball is enthused about finding out the truth. There needs to be a major cleanup in Major League Baseball. I think they are treading on very thin ice, and (commissioner) Bud Selig has to be very careful what he’s doing because his job is on the line.”

When contacted about Canseco’s comments, baseball spokesman Pat Courtney said, “We wouldn’t comment on anything he said.”

Canseco accused baseball of cutting Palmeiro a deal to testify against him, saying MLB then went ahead and leaked Palmeiro’s positive test out of fear that Congress would find out.

“I know what I know,” he said.

Canseco is working on a movie and two more books, saying he intends to “rectify” his tarnished image.

“The movie is going to be devastating, no ifs and buts about it,” he said.

Canseco said he will meet in the coming weeks with former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell, appointed in March by Selig to head the sport’s investigation into steroids.

Baseball has toughened its drug policy several times in recent years, but Canseco isn’t satisfied.

“They now realize it started with me and ends with me,” he said. “The policy sounds great, but that’s not the problem. There are major problems not with the policies but the individuals who are instituting this policy.”

Archer1979
07-04-06, 08:01 AM
Of course he was blackballed.

The baseball owners have historically been biased against non-productive players way past their prime.

Casey at the Bat
07-04-06, 04:24 PM
As much a a circus this whole steroids thing has become, canseco has gone from the clown to the ring leader. I thought he was a piece of trash (and probably still do) but that doesn't change the fact that in the end, it appears that canseco may have been the only one to have been telling the truth the whole time. One by one, the mighty have started falling, with Canseco standing there, waiting to say "I told you so."

Considering all of this, I would definitely be interested in anything else he would have to say on the subject.

njfan75
07-05-06, 07:28 AM
He makes me laugh a mocking sort of laugh like I would at a clown in a baseball uniform.

SubwayFanatic
07-05-06, 09:22 AM
I may be way off here, but is Canseco writing another book, either on steroids, or something else? I could have sworn I heard that from someone.

SoCal Pinstriper
07-05-06, 12:04 PM
Jose traded:

Golden Baseball League commissioner Kevin Outcalt said negotiations are under way to send the former Major League All-Star to the Long Beach Armada, the Reno Gazette-Journal reported Wednesday.
Canseco asked to be traded because of child custody responsibilities that require him to be in the Los Angeles area for more time than he anticipated, Outcalt said.
"He found out today and it surprised everybody," Outcalt said Tuesday. "He has family responsibilities."
Outcalt said that the deal should be completed Wednesday to send him to Long Beach and that the only thing pending was who he would be traded for.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2509719

DontHateOnNumber2
07-05-06, 12:40 PM
Jose traded:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2509719
After one game? At least he's doing it for family.

TheBamTino24
07-05-06, 01:12 PM
What's sad about the whole thing is the simple truth would probably be more entertaining than anything someone could make up. The question is on which side is Canseco?

Mr. Mxylsplk
07-05-06, 01:19 PM
As much a a circus this whole steroids thing has become, canseco has gone from the clown to the ring leader. I thought he was a piece of trash (and probably still do) but that doesn't change the fact that in the end, it appears that canseco may have been the only one to have been telling the truth the whole time.
Exactly. I don't have a lot of respect for him, but like it or not he's been right in his past accusations while everyone else was hiding from the truth. I don't know if I believe this latest claim, but I certainly don't see any reason to want him to shut up when he's the one guy exposing the truth.

In Mo I Trust
07-05-06, 02:46 PM
I kind of like Canseco, its funny how out of all the players who testified before Congress he is the one who comes out looking the best.

Sixty one
07-05-06, 03:53 PM
Love him or hate him, Jose has found a way to make a ton of money bytelling the truth in his book.....even though he has hurt some players in the process.

donniesrecordholdsup
07-06-06, 11:50 AM
it takes a canseco to expose the scandal because even good guys in the game like jeter, tori hunter, etc. wont go against the union. thats why i dont and never did have a problem with canseco talking about roids. i believed everything he said about roids in the book. people wanted to nit pick that he didnt remember which game of the world series he struck out in. who cares ?? and i think hes right about baseball hiding big name players who have failed tests. why is it always these scrubs are the only players caught ?? is catching jason grimsley really helping baseball ?? and what happened to the "big names" in his affadavet ?? just more bs.