PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Baseballs--leaving the yard in droves!

OklaYankeeFan
05-08-00, 11:45 PM
I'm sure we are all aware that this seems to be the 'year of the home run." John Sterling mentioned that yesterday before the game (before the one Mo lost) he talked at lenght to Mariano about what did he think, if anything, was different about this year's baseballs--did he buy the idea that they were different. His reply--absolutely. He said the covering of the ball is much slicker, almost no texture to it at all and the stiching is lower than ever, to the point it almost cannot be felt. He said he cannot get a good grip on the ball because it is so slick. He said do not listen to anyone who tries to tell you the ball is not different---it just is not so---they are.

Now I trust Mo to tell it like it is. Enough already! The stiching should play a part in the ball's motion. I think the stitching should be raised MORE. Give the pitchers back some advantage!!! Holy cow--ERA's have been skyrocketing over the last decade. Enough already! I do not like to see tons of high scoring games, balls flying out of the yard every night. Homers are exciting & for them to stay that way, it should not happen every game, every team. It is getting close!