PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Suggestions

DaBomber25
06-14-06, 11:05 AM
I'm always on my bike or treadmill when I'm playing video games. I used to play MVP or Madden but there were so may breaks and pauses that I'd constantly look down at the clock and the time would drag. I started playing "24" and the time FLEW. I've only got about 20-30 minutes 'til I beat "24" and I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have a good suggestion for a game that doesn't take a ton of stealth and is fun but mostly just shoot 'em up/beat 'em up type stuff?

Yeah, I realize this post is kinda lame but it helps the time go by :)

HidekiIrabu
06-14-06, 11:15 AM
I dunno what system you're playing, but God of War for Ps2 is pretty good.

DaBomber25
06-14-06, 11:20 AM
I dunno what system you're playing, but God of War for Ps2 is pretty good.

Ooops, good point...it is PS2. God of War was actually one of the reccomendations I got when I went to Amazon.com. Thanks :)

RhodyYanksFan
06-14-06, 11:37 AM
Max Payne was fun. I clearly don't play games as often as I should though since that game is like 4 years old. Bet you can get it real cheap now though.

I haven't turned on my PS2 in probably 2 months. I just never think about it.

DaBomber25
06-14-06, 11:42 AM
Max Payne was fun. I clearly don't play games as often as I should though since that game is like 4 years old. Bet you can get it real cheap now though.

I haven't turned on my PS2 in probably 2 months. I just never think about it.

I actually have Max Payne. I started playing it and something else must've come out cause I completely stopped. Maybe I'll just give that a try and save some money.

DontHateOnNumber2
06-14-06, 11:43 AM
I'm always on my bike or treadmill when I'm playing video games. I used to play MVP or Madden but there were so may breaks and pauses that I'd constantly look down at the clock and the time would drag. I started playing "24" and the time FLEW. I've only got about 20-30 minutes 'til I beat "24" and I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone have a good suggestion for a game that doesn't take a ton of stealth and is fun but mostly just shoot 'em up/beat 'em up type stuff?

Yeah, I realize this post is kinda lame but it helps the time go by :)
The Warriors is pretty cool. You get to beat people up, steal and mug, order a gang around. It's bad-ass and set in Coney Island/Bronx...well it's in New York. You don't need stealth unless you're hiding from cops and even then all you need to do is run into a dark corner and those fools will try for a few seconds then leave. It's based on a movie and the game is pretty long.

DontHateOnNumber2
06-14-06, 11:44 AM
I actually have Max Payne. I started playing it and something else must've come out cause I completely stopped. Maybe I'll just give that a try and save some money.
Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are both great games but you'll realize that those are probably as short as 24 was too. Those games as great as they were, were really short. At least they alluded to a part 4 coming out. Sometime.

DaBomber25
06-14-06, 11:52 AM
Max Payne and Max Payne 2 are both great games but you'll realize that those are probably as short as 24 was too. Those games as great as they were, were really short. At least they alluded to a part 4 coming out. Sometime.

Cool, thanks. LOL - Amazon is pretty dead on. They recommended "The Warriors" to me too. I've read quite a bit about that game on The Sports Guy's page. Right now I'm thinking I might just go with Max Payne again and then try "The Warriors" after that.

I really liked "Splinter Cell" (this is really old too) but it seemed like it was ALL stealth. I don't mind trying that every few missions but I felt like if I, myself, breathed too loud that I'd fail the mission.

Sam18
06-14-06, 12:18 PM
Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. Two of the greatest games ever made.

chanman7483
06-14-06, 12:33 PM
Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. Two of the greatest games ever made.

I don't think it'd be good to play those on the bike though. I think for the bike, he needs some mindless action game like God of War or Devil May Cry 3.

I got so frustrated playing snake eater... I haven't played it for 2 months and I'm not even 15 minutes into the game. I'm at the part where you have to rescue the guy from the house... I keep getting spotted and end up blowing everyone up until I run out of aamo... i might resort to the strategy guide... even if it makes me a p*ssy... the game is so hard :(

Sam18
06-14-06, 12:35 PM
I got so frustrated playing snake eater... I haven't played it for 2 months and I'm not even 15 minutes into the game. I'm at the part where you have to rescue the guy from the house... I keep getting spotted and end up blowing everyone up until I run out of aamo... i might resort to the strategy guide... even if it makes me a p*ssy... the game is so hard :(

What? Metal Gear games aren't hard. Get your shotgun and don't shoot until all of them come out firing at you. Then you go hide in the crawl space underneath the house and shoot them in the foot. After you do that there's a uber kickass cutscene where Ocelot and Snake meet for the first time.

Smithers
06-14-06, 12:37 PM
i liked the Prince of Persias but i love puzzle adventures (ie: zelda, etc.)

boo_427
06-14-06, 12:45 PM
Not sure if you are looking for a sports game or not, but the last version of Fifa World Cup, not the regular Fifa was awesome.

World Cup (http://www.easports2006fifaworldcup.com/)

Can't speak from experience on the new one, but the one from four years ago was solid. I would suggest waiting until the price drops though.

No real breaks or pause in this game so it might work for your situation.

Sam18
06-14-06, 12:45 PM
GTA III and Vice City are also great.

chanman7483
06-14-06, 01:30 PM
What? Metal Gear games aren't hard. Get your shotgun and don't shoot until all of them come out firing at you. Then you go hide in the crawl space underneath the house and shoot them in the foot. After you do that there's a uber kickass cutscene where Ocelot and Snake meet for the first time.
I dind't know there was a crawl space. I think I'm just retarded. I also didn't write down the frequencies to save the game or anything like that. Do you have to write them down or is there a way for you to save the codec frequencies in the game?

Sam18
06-14-06, 01:35 PM
I dind't know there was a crawl space. I think I'm just retarded.

Yeah just look around and you should be able to find it. If not then just go outside and crawl underneath the house. btw what difficulty are you playing on?

chanman7483
06-14-06, 01:37 PM
Yeah just look around and you should be able to find it. If not then just go outside and crawl underneath the house. btw what difficulty are you playing on?

Normal. Not sure if you saw it, but I added a sentence to the end of my post above..

Sam18
06-14-06, 01:46 PM
Normal. Not sure if you saw it, but I added a sentence to the end of my post above..

Ok you don't need to save the frequencies. There's a option on your codec that shows you all the frequencies(it even says "save" on the one you use to save). And normal isn't all that hard to play on.Anyways yeah just find the crawl space and fire away. If you think this is hard then wait till you fight The Sorrow. Here's a little hint, none of your weapons affect him, you can't touch him either, oh and he brings every person you killed back from the dead. And no you can't shoot them either.

DaBomber25
06-14-06, 01:48 PM
Not sure if you are looking for a sports game or not, but the last version of Fifa World Cup, not the regular Fifa was awesome.

World Cup (http://www.easports2006fifaworldcup.com/)

Can't speak from experience on the new one, but the one from four years ago was solid. I would suggest waiting until the price drops though.

No real breaks or pause in this game so it might work for your situation.

That's not a bad idea. I liked the soccer games all the way back to Sega Genesis. And you're right, no breaks really. I end up looking at the clock in between pitches and in between plays in Madden but don't have the chance in games like "24".

Grape Ape
06-14-06, 02:18 PM
I don't think it'd be good to play those on the bike though. I think for the bike, he needs some mindless action game like God of War or Devil May Cry 3.

You are denying yourself one of the greatest video game stories if you don't finish MGS3. I couldn't have been happier with it. Ties up soooo much.

Sam18
06-14-06, 02:38 PM
You are denying yourself one of the greatest video game stories if you don't finish MGS3.

Correction. THE greatest video game plot ever. That's why its my favorite. The story is just too damn good.

RhodyYanksFan
06-14-06, 02:51 PM
Correction. THE greatest video game plot ever. That's why its my favorite. The story is just too damn good.

The one where you're the guy with the mullet instead of Snake?

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-14-06, 02:52 PM

heh I beat it a few months ago, takes a while to get used to not just going in and blowing **** up but it is a very very very good game oce you get the hang of it.

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-14-06, 02:54 PM
Ok you don't need to save the frequencies. There's a option on your codec that shows you all the frequencies(it even says "save" on the one you use to save). And normal isn't all that hard to play on.Anyways yeah just find the crawl space and fire away. If you think this is hard then wait till you fight The Sorrow. Here's a little hint, none of your weapons affect him, you can't touch him either, oh and he brings every person you killed back from the dead. And no you can't shoot them either.

That battle was a pain in the ass, only because I didnt know you had to use that pill to revive yourself and i ended up doing the battle like 10 time because I thought I died.

boo_427
06-14-06, 02:56 PM
That's not a bad idea. I liked the soccer games all the way back to Sega Genesis. And you're right, no breaks really. I end up looking at the clock in between pitches and in between plays in Madden but don't have the chance in games like "24".

I just remember the World Cup version being a lot more fun than the regular Fifa version. Maybe rent it first to see if you like it.

You could probably play two games in 40 minutes easy.

Sam18
06-14-06, 02:56 PM
That battle was a pain in the ass, only because I didnt know you had to use that pill to revive yourself and i ended up doing the battle like 10 time because I thought I died.

I figured it out by accident on the first try. I started pressing random buttons and the pill popped up. Btw did you play MGS2?

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-15-06, 06:21 PM
I figured it out by accident on the first try. I started pressing random buttons and the pill popped up. Btw did you play MGS2?

No Snake Eater was my first MGS game

Sam18
06-15-06, 06:25 PM
No Snake Eater was my first MGS game

You MUST play MGS 2 then. The plot is a bit more confusing but it's TOTALLY worth it. And the cliffhanger at the end is just...wow.

DaBomber25
06-15-06, 07:23 PM
Just beat "24" tonight. DAMN that is a fun game if you're a fan of the show.

Just started "Max Payne" (which I've owned for probably 5 years now). I think I remember why I didn't finish it - I'm not crazy about the way the controls are set up.

JeterRodriguezSheff
06-15-06, 09:06 PM
You MUST play MGS 2 then. The plot is a bit more confusing but it's TOTALLY worth it. And the cliffhanger at the end is just...wow.

I was actually looking for it a while ago but couldnt find it anywhere

Smithers
06-16-06, 11:57 AM

agreed. i played that game for 8 hours straight without getting up. it was that good.

chanman7483
06-19-06, 01:06 PM
Did you guys use online strat guides at all for MGS3? I decided to cheat a little bit. I'm not as big a gamer as I used to be, but I still consider myself video game competent. I have no idea how anyone would know to shoot the hornet nest by the bridge in the beginning. Or that there was an automatic rifle under the bridge. Or that there was a sniper rifle in some tucked away corner of the jungle.

Sam18
06-19-06, 01:14 PM
Did you guys use online strat guides at all for MGS3? I decided to cheat a little bit. I'm not as big a gamer as I used to be, but I still consider myself video game competent. I have no idea how anyone would know to shoot the hornet nest by the bridge in the beginning. Or that there was an automatic rifle under the bridge. Or that there was a sniper rifle in some tucked away corner of the jungle.

The Hornet's nest and the automatic rifle I found them by my self. I don't remember how I got the sniper rifle. Beating The End would've been impossible without it.

chanman7483
06-19-06, 01:32 PM
The Hornet's nest and the automatic rifle I found them by my self. I don't remember how I got the sniper rifle. Beating The End would've been impossible without it.

When I first got the game, I had no idea how to do it - I got to the house by running past the bridge and if there was ever an alert, I would just keep running until I found a good hiding place. :lol: This game is great though... very suspenseful.

Sam18
06-19-06, 01:34 PM
When I first got the game, I had no idea how to do it - I got to the house by running past the bridge and if there was ever an alert, I would just keep running until I found a good hiding place. :lol: This game is great though... very suspenseful.

Don't hide. Shoot. And yeah the game is the best.