PDA

View Full Version : Entourage - Season 3

Pages : [1] 2

yanksrule69
06-12-06, 08:29 AM
Finally the new season has begun.

Last night's episode wasn't that great but they had to start the season off somehow. They really need to make this show an hour long. The 24 minutes just isn't enough.

The Ari & Lloyd scenes are all hilarious.

CoyoteYankee
06-12-06, 09:20 AM
:doh: I missed it! Thank goodness for "On Demand". I'll watch it tonight.

boo_427
06-12-06, 09:41 AM
"Feeding Frenzy!"

I also thought the scene with James Woods at the house was hilarious. "You've got 5 seconds."

RhodyYanksFan
06-12-06, 10:04 AM
I just bought season 2 on dvd last week, but I still have to finish the last 2 of season one. I guess this'll always be a DVD show for me.

jonnyc39
06-12-06, 10:09 AM
I thought the season premire was absolutely horrible - hopefully not a sign of things to come. Ari was WAY over the top - a caricature of himself. Way too much time was given to the whole "mom" drama, and it doesn't even appear as if that storyline will lead anywhere (nor would I care for it to). And aside from that, nothing even really happened in the entire 30 minutes. Pretty lame, IMO.

P.S. What's up with Vince's moptop haircut?

NelsonMuntz
06-12-06, 10:21 AM
I thought the season premire was absolutely horrible - hopefully not a sign of things to come. Ari was WAY over the top - a caricature of himself. Way too much time was given to the whole "mom" drama, and it doesn't even appear as if that storyline will lead anywhere (nor would I care for it to). And aside from that, nothing even really happened in the entire 30 minutes. Pretty lame, IMO.
I was a little disappointed as well. I think it will get better though. I agree with the earlier comment in this thread that the episodes should be longer than 24 minutes.

In Mo I Trust
06-12-06, 10:34 AM
Hopefully it was just a "setting the stage" type episode, nothing much happened. This season is long right? Around 20 episodes?

powerpinstripes
06-12-06, 10:58 AM
Did you check out Turtle's "Welcome to New York, Johnny" Yankees shirt. Couldn't make out what it said on the back, and I have never seen that one before. Anyone?

Smithers
06-12-06, 12:11 PM
i absolutely love this show. but my roommate and i are too cheap to get HBO so i'm downloading the eps and watching them on Mondays. I can't wait to see E's girlfriend. she's so unbelievably hot.

yanksrule69
06-12-06, 12:27 PM
P.S. What's up with Vince's moptop haircut?

I don't know, but I was thinking the same thing. He needs a haircut.

Drama and Vince are step-brothers. In the past, I could have sworn, they have talked about how their dad is their connection, not the mom, but last night they were saying they had the same mom. Did anyone else pick up on that or am I making it up?

apolansk
06-12-06, 01:51 PM
Did you check out Turtle's "Welcome to New York, Johnny" Yankees shirt. Couldn't make out what it said on the back, and I have never seen that one before. Anyone?

I thought it said something to the effect of "where winning happens more then once every 86 years" But I'm not exactly sure.

ALR83
06-12-06, 06:09 PM
Wasn't great, but still liked it lol.

They really need to make this show an hour long. The 24 minutes just isn't enough.

They do! I need more Ari Gold. Jeremy is freaking genius as Ari.

yankeegeek
06-12-06, 08:29 PM
Best line of the night from Ari was" The girl had a mouth like a Dyson vaccum, she never lost suction". Friggin great!!! Ari and Lloyd are terrific toghther.

Smithers
06-13-06, 08:48 AM
stupid moms ruining the chance to see Sloan.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 08:48 AM
I thought it said something to the effect of "where winning happens more then once every 86 years" But I'm not exactly sure.

That may not be word for word but that's pretty much what it said.

That episode sucked. Ari and Lloyd were the only decent parts of the show. I said to my girlfriend, "How much time is left? 'Cause this sucks right now," and as soon as I finished my sentence the credits came on.

Vince needs a haircut and a hamburger. He looks like Nicole Richie.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 08:49 AM
stupid moms ruining the chance to see Sloan.

I think she was there for a split second getting out of the limo....or maybe I'm mistaken.

boo_427
06-13-06, 08:59 AM
I think she was there for a split second getting out of the limo....or maybe I'm mistaken.

You see her.

E, has her go in front of him, then he follows.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 09:56 AM
You see her.

Cool, thanks. I was pretty sure I saw her.

pjfan
06-13-06, 01:51 PM
Drama and Vince are step-brothers. In the past, I could have sworn, they have talked about how their dad is their connection, not the mom, but last night they were saying they had the same mom. Did anyone else pick up on that or am I making it up?

You're absolutely right.....which makes the continuity of the show a bit weak......maybe Vince's mom raised them both, so Drama refers to her as his mother as well.

I thought it was a bit weak as well, but it's only episode one. But I agree, that 30 minutes (and it's not even 30, usually about 27) is way to short. They need to make this show an hour long.

I just bought season 2 on dvd last week, but I still have to finish the last 2 of season one. I guess this'll always be a DVD show for me.

Just wait till you get to the Bob Saget cameo.....one of the funniest of the series!!

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 02:07 PM
Just wait till you get to the Bob Saget cameo.....one of the funniest of the series!!

VOMIT. I HATE BOB SAGET! He almost single-handedly ruined that episode for me. The only saving grace was that after he tried to get on Vince's good side and is talking and talking and talking and then finally leaves Vince says, "Who the ................ was that guy?"

RhodyYanksFan
06-13-06, 02:11 PM

Bob Saget is god! Right Rhodey?

DaPip1998
06-13-06, 02:16 PM
You're absolutely right.....which makes the continuity of the show a bit weak......maybe Vince's mom raised them both, so Drama refers to her as his mother as well.

I don't think so. When she got off the plane and hugged Vince, Johnny said "I'm your first born, Ma!"

RhodyYanksFan
06-13-06, 02:17 PM
I don't think so. When she got off the plane and hugged Vince, Johnny said "I'm your first born, Ma!"

Just reading that and picturing the scene made me :lol:

Smithers
06-13-06, 02:20 PM
VOMIT. I HATE BOB SAGET!

you haven't seen the Aristocrats, have you?

RhodyYanksFan
06-13-06, 02:21 PM

He must hate the "Full House" Bob Saget, not the true genius that is the real Saget.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 02:42 PM

I haven't. This is coming from Full House, Ameica's Funniest Home Videos and the Entourage cameo.

RhodyYanksFan
06-13-06, 02:51 PM
I haven't. This is coming from Full House, Ameica's Funniest Home Videos and the Entourage cameo.

Rent the Aristocrats and look online for some of his stand-up. He's so much closer to his cameo in Half-Baked then he is in Full House. He has said how much he hated doing that hokie family stuff, but it paid well.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 02:56 PM
Rent the Aristocrats and look online for some of his stand-up. He's so much closer to his cameo in Half-Baked then he is in Full House. He has said how much he hated doing that hokie family stuff, but it paid well.

I might, but the hatred and dislike I have for him right now might be unchangeable. It's like when an actor you hated on one show moves to a show you like and playes a likeable character but you just can't seem to forget the other guy.

pjfan
06-13-06, 03:24 PM

You're right....just poor continuity, but it certainly doesn't ruin it for me.

How about Vince's publicist?? Certainly preggo in this episode......I know Debi Mazar (sp?) has already had her baby, but I wonder if it will come up during the season.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 03:25 PM
You're right....just poor continuity, but it certainly doesn't ruin it for me.

How about Vince's publicist?? Certainly preggo in this episode......I know Debi Mazar (sp?) has already had her baby, but I wonder if it will come up during the season.

Preggo and still looking for a dress that makes her "boobs pop". Hotness.

JeffWeaverFan
06-13-06, 03:26 PM
I don't really watch the show but speaking of which, I saw the main guy (with the curly hair) from the show at a bar called Max Fish which is on the Lower East Side about a week ago.

DaBomber25
06-13-06, 03:28 PM
I don't really watch the show but speaking of which, I saw the main guy (with the curly hair) from the show at a bar called Max Fish which is on the Lower East Side about a week ago.

Sweet! If I was drunk enough I definitely would've went up to him and said, "Hug it out, bitch," ....and then probably hugged him.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
06-13-06, 04:50 PM
I thought episode 1 was ok, nothing special but not bad either. The James Woods thing was great, the mom thing was eh but I guess they want to bring in the female demographic early in what's gonna be a long season. Anything's better than the Mandy Moore drama.

RhodyYanksFan
06-14-06, 06:49 AM
VOMIT. I HATE BOB SAGET!

This is mildly funny. Jamie Kennedy is trying too hard though, but it give you a good idea of Saget's real sense of humor.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1694874/

powerpinstripes
06-14-06, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info on the Tshirt, Apolank and DaBomber 25--

Cool Shirt!

Smithers
06-14-06, 09:49 AM
You see her.

i rewatched it yesterday and saw her.

but it wasn't nearly long enough. sloan needs to be an integral part of season 3 please.

yanksrule69
06-14-06, 11:04 AM
i rewatched it yesterday and saw her.

but it wasn't nearly long enough. sloan needs to be an integral part of season 3 please.

I read somewhere that she won't be around much in season 3 and that another character will be brought into the mix.

I also read in a few places that something big happens between E and her so that could be a breakup (which would endorse my previous statement) or it could be them moving in together. Who knows.

ALR83
06-19-06, 02:05 AM
Okay, pretty damn funny episode tonight.

Ari: Talk dirty to me, E. :roflmao:

And when he smashed the crap out of the thing Lloyd gave him. :lol: I love Ari so much.

jonnyc39
06-19-06, 08:57 AM
Overall I'm still disappointed in season two so far. The characters are ALL over the top, with the possible exception of E. Ari is playing up being an a-hole; Drama is playing up being a meathead; Vince is playing up being an easygoing millionaire; and Turtle is playing up being a loser.

The writing just hasn't been very good so far, IMO. The pool party scene was pretty good, though.

NelsonMuntz
06-19-06, 10:11 AM
I was not impressed with last night's episode. It's way too obvious that they are trying to focus more on Ari. He was great the first two seasons as a secondary character but now they're going to overdo it and shoe-horn him into every scene and go over the top with his "I'm an arrogant but loveable a*sshole" persona. And I really wasn't getting the whole "Vince's Almost Famous" moment. I think one of the writers is way too into that movie. I really hope the episodes get better or we could be looking at the first bad Entourage season.

Smithers
06-20-06, 08:06 AM
no sloan sightings this week but the scene with Ari, his wife, and the shrink was hysterical.

Snap731
06-20-06, 10:52 AM
Okay, pretty damn funny episode tonight.

Ari: Talk dirty to me, E. :roflmao:

And when he smashed the crap out of the thing Lloyd gave him. :lol: I love Ari so much.

:lol: ooh man that was well phrased on your part.

Yeah Ari rocks.

And Lloyd is like my favorite charachter.

I'd watch a whole show just on those two.

nhyankeefan
06-20-06, 10:57 AM
no sloan sightings this week but the scene with Ari, his wife, and the shrink was hysterical.

It was funny, but it was a replay of a scene they did last year that was even better. I don't remember exactly what Ari said, but it was along the line of "If you want a three week vacation in Tuscany, private therapy, mansion in Bel Aire, etc... I've got to take the call"

nhyankeefan
06-20-06, 10:59 AM
I read somewhere that she won't be around much in season 3 and that another character will be brought into the mix.

I also read in a few places that something big happens between E and her so that could be a breakup (which would endorse my previous statement) or it could be them moving in together. Who knows.

I saw a 5 minute promo for Entourage recently and it looks like that other character will be Seth Green. I think it all takes place in an episode shot in Vegas.

thecaptain
06-20-06, 01:23 PM
ENTOURAGE star JEREMY PIVEN shocked fans at a Chicago Cubs baseball game on Sunday (18JUNE06) by cursing while singing the song TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME.
Piven, who plays abrasive agent ARI GOLD on the hit series, was a guest of Cub's marketing chief JOHN McDONOUGH.
While singing the song during the seventh inning stretch for tens of thousands of fans, Piven yelled out to the crowd, "Let's hug it out, you little b**ches!" Embarrassed Cubs executives immediately issued an apology, noting that while Piven has been a loyal Cubs fan and friend to the team, they were "disappointed" by the impromptu ad-lib.
McDonough adds, "I don't know if professional adrenaline took over, but we don't ever want to introduce profanity into the seventh-inning stretch."

thecaptain
06-20-06, 01:32 PM
Johnny "Drama" Chase . He makes me laugh .. Just about everything he does cracks me up... :D

jonnyc39
06-20-06, 01:51 PM
ENTOURAGE star JEREMY PIVEN shocked fans at a Chicago Cubs baseball game on Sunday (18JUNE06) by cursing while singing the song TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME.
Piven, who plays abrasive agent ARI GOLD on the hit series, was a guest of Cub's marketing chief JOHN McDONOUGH.
While singing the song during the seventh inning stretch for tens of thousands of fans, Piven yelled out to the crowd, "Let's hug it out, you little b**ches!" Embarrassed Cubs executives immediately issued an apology, noting that while Piven has been a loyal Cubs fan and friend to the team, they were "disappointed" by the impromptu ad-lib.
McDonough adds, "I don't know if professional adrenaline took over, but we don't ever want to introduce profanity into the seventh-inning stretch."Good to see Piven is embracing his character.

Smithers
06-20-06, 02:38 PM
McDonough adds, "I don't know if professional adrenaline took over, but we don't ever want to introduce profanity into the seventh-inning stretch."

they showed the highlight on PTI yesterday. it was awesome.

In Mo I Trust
06-20-06, 04:30 PM

Haha.

NelsonMuntz
06-20-06, 04:31 PM
Good to see Piven is embracing his character.
If you believe the tabloids, Piven is similar to his Ari character in real life.

BoSox37
06-20-06, 08:17 PM

Almost as funny as his Cubs line from the last episode...

"It wasn't the Cubs fault when that d-bag grabbed the foul ball, but they still don't give them World Series rings."

I disagree with a lot of you guys, I thought that this week's episdoe was awesome.

DaBomber25
06-21-06, 09:46 AM
I thought the episode was pretty good. A hell of a lot better than the premier. I'm hoping Madsen makes a cameo next week if the Harley comes up again.

In Mo I Trust
06-21-06, 10:14 AM
I thought this was a solid episode, can't wait till the next one.

Snap731
06-21-06, 11:25 AM

WOW! That's hilarious. And dumb of the Cubbies not to expect it. That's like the biggest catch-phrase on TV. That's like if you asked Jimmy Walker to sing "Take me out tot he ball game" and were surprised if he closed with "Dy-no-Mite!"

If McDonough is mad at Jeremy... I think they oughta hug it out.

yanksrule69
06-21-06, 12:16 PM
WOW! That's hilarious. And dumb of the Cubbies not to expect it. That's like the biggest catch-phrase on TV. That's like if you asked Jimmy Walker to sing "Take me out tot he ball game" and were surprised if he closed with "Dy-no-Mite!"

If McDonough is mad at Jeremy... I think they oughta hug it out.

Yeah, Wilbon on PTI, who is from Chicago, said it wasn't a big deal at all. That kids are subjected to much worse language in the stands at Wrigley thant "bitches". He also said that if someone who was not a native Chicagoian (is that a word?) then it would be different. I think it's funny. Not so sure how I would feel if I had a young kid with me.

thecaptain
06-21-06, 12:21 PM
If you believe the tabloids, Piven is similar to his Ari character in real life.Jeremy Piven & Stephen Dorff's Feud June 8, 2006 -- MORE details are trickling in about the faceoff between "Entourage" star Jeremy Piven and actor Stephen Dorff we told you about yesterday. Another somewhat sober spy - who was standing right behind Piven at Bungalow 8 when Dorff tried to cut to the front of the bathroom line - tells us how he remembers it went down:.................................... "Jeremy throws his arm out to stop him and says, 'No, no, no. You are going to wait in line like the rest of us, you privileged, spoon-fed son of a bitch.' Then Piven turns to the long line of people who are all watching and asks, 'Anyone wanna see this guy cut the line?' People shake their heads no. Dorff starts making threats and gets in Piven's face. Piven doesn't move an inch - in fact he laughs and taunts him with a chuckle and says, 'What are you gonna do? You're nothing, baby! Nothing' . . . Dorff was fuming and his face was turning red. Dorff started to say something about 'having class' and how Piven just made a huge mistake because he has some very powerful friends. Dorff leaves him with this gem: 'You are done, see you in line for my next movie.' ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>Judgment Night

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
06-22-06, 03:37 PM
Johnny "Drama" Chase . He makes me laugh .. Just about everything he does cracks me up... :D

Kevin Dillin is funny as hell!. Even if the show sucks like during the Mandy Moore saga, Drama is always consistent. I thought the show itself was a definite improvement over episode 1.

DaPip1998
06-26-06, 12:55 PM
I guess few people here watched last night due to the conflict with the game, but I caught it on Tivo....

Kinda disappointed-I've always felt that adding a character that was never mentioned screams "We're out of new ideas!"

The scenes with Ari and his daughter and her boyfriend were kind of funny, though.

NelsonMuntz
06-26-06, 01:04 PM
I actually liked last night's episode. I thought the introduction of a new character added a much needed element of surprise. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jonnyc39
06-26-06, 01:05 PM
I guess few people here watched last night due to the conflict with the game, but I caught it on Tivo....

Kinda disappointed-I've always felt that adding a character that was never mentioned screams "We're out of new ideas!"

The scenes with Ari and his daughter and her boyfriend were kind of funny, though.Yeah, I loved the kid actor. I think this episode was the best of the three this season, but still pretty weak. One more bad episode and I'm ready to call this season a let down.

DaPip1998
06-26-06, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I loved the kid actor. I think this episode was the best of the three this season, but still pretty weak. One more bad episode and I'm ready to call this season a let down.

I was hoping this season (at least the beginning of it) would deal more with Vince's new status as a major star and Ari fighting it out with his old firm.

Smithers
06-27-06, 08:29 AM
I was hoping this season (at least the beginning of it) would deal more with Vince's new status as a major star and Ari fighting it out with his old firm.

me too. it seems like they've hardly touched the drama between Ari and Terrance. i would have thought that would be important.

jonnyc39
06-27-06, 08:43 AM
me too. it seems like they've hardly touched the drama between Ari and Terrance. i would have thought that would be important.Why's that? Ari left the agency, now he's a smalltime agent with a big client who chose to stick with him - just like Jerry Maguire. I don't think that drama needed to carry into this season.

Smithers
06-27-06, 09:24 AM
Why's that? Ari left the agency, now he's a smalltime agent with a big client who chose to stick with him - just like Jerry Maguire. I don't think that drama needed to carry into this season.

well the whole part with Eric and Terrance and his daughter. I figured that had some substance they could have used in this season.

NelsonMuntz
06-27-06, 09:46 AM
well the whole part with Eric and Terrance and his daughter. I figured that had some substance they could have used in this season.
I know what you're saying. I thought the storyline would be something along the lines of Terrance using his daughter to try to convince Eric to get Vince to leave Ari and sign with Terrance's agency. And then Eric would be caught in the middle and wouldn't be sure if Terrance's daughter was really into him or if she was just playing him to get Vince for her Dad. There's definitely some drama there that they could have tapped into.

Deez Nats
06-27-06, 09:55 AM
I actually liked last night's episode. I thought the introduction of a new character added a much needed element of surprise. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I can tell you how it plays out (http://tinyurl.com/hcdfo).

NelsonMuntz
06-27-06, 10:50 AM
Normally I'm against the pointless introduction of a new character but this season needed a serious kick in the ass. The first two episodes were really bland.

BrooklynBotz
06-27-06, 11:05 AM
Poochie is going to gueststar? Cool.

The name's Poochie D.
And I rock this telly.
I'm half Joe Camel
and a third Fonzarelli.
I'm the kung-fu hippie.
From gangsta city.
I'm a rappin' surfer.
You the fool I pity.

He's so in my face.

Deez Nats
06-27-06, 12:26 PM
Normally I'm against the pointless introduction of a new character but this season needed a serious kick in the ass. The first two episodes were really bland.
The season absolutely needs that kick in the ass, I just wish they hadn't chosen Dom as the vehicle. His presence makes me cringe and overshadows everything (and strains the suspension of disbelief when juxtaposed with where Vince's career is now).

I would have given the show the kick in the ass it needs by:
More Ari & Mrs. Gold at the therapist
Actually developing the Terrance fall-out. There was one mention of a settlement in that lackluster premiere, and then nothing.
Maybe the Sloane-Eric-Ari-Terrance supefecta generates an all out war for Vince's loyalty and tugs E in two directions.
Saigon is supposed to appear in a few more episodes--maybe Turtle's management career flourishes, creating a schism within Team Chase.All these things might happen still, but I was disappointed with Dom.

Smithers
06-27-06, 12:32 PM
Is it just me or did Ari's wife get MUCH hotter this season? i mean she was decent looking in the other seasons but now she's smoking hot.

Deez Nats
06-27-06, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or did Ari's wife get MUCH hotter this season? i mean she was decent looking in the other seasons but now she's smoking hot.

It's not just you. I wonder if she got that abomination of a nose worked on.

Also, what child movie star is seen dating a daughter as busted as theirs?

NelsonMuntz
06-27-06, 12:43 PM
Agreed.

powerpinstripes
06-27-06, 01:25 PM
The season absolutely needs that kick in the ass, I just wish they hadn't chosen Dom as the vehicle. His presence makes me cringe and overshadows everything (and strains the suspension of disbelief when juxtaposed with where Vince's career is now).

I would have given the show the kick in the ass it needs by:

More Ari & Mrs. Gold at the therapist
Actually developing the Terrance fall-out. There was one mention of a settlement in that lackluster premiere, and then nothing.
Maybe the Sloane-Eric-Ari-Terrance supefecta generates an all out war for Vince's loyalty and tugs E in two directions.
Saigon is supposed to appear in a few more episodes--maybe Turtle's management career flourishes, creating a schism within Team Chase.All these things might happen still, but I was disappointed with Dom.

Agree will all of the above. I did not like the "I just hired him as head of Security", this means Dom will be featured in future episodes. Also, when Dom would only listen to Vince about putting on some underwear. I hate when some new person (on TV or real life) acts like that right from the get go. This show needs more Turtle & Drama, liked in Season 2's Sundance episode.

Deez Nats
06-27-06, 01:44 PM
Agree will all of the above. I did not like the "I just hired him as head of Security", this means Dom will be featured in future episodes. Also, when Dom would only listen to Vince about putting on some underwear. I hate when some new person (on TV or real life) acts like that right from the get go. This show needs more Turtle & Drama, liked in Season 2's Sundance episode.
Very good points. Additionally, this is another example of the suspension of disbelief being strained. One, no way does the manager cede control of hiring decisions without so much as an "I thought we would discuss things like this first", even if he is the best friend of the star. Two, the first rule of security is that the bodyguard has no personal tie to the subject being protected. The easy answer to that is that Vince was just looking to give him "a job," but I don't think that's how they'll develop Dom.

powerpinstripes
06-27-06, 03:03 PM
Very good points. Additionally, this is another example of the suspension of disbelief being strained. One, no way does the manager cede control of hiring decisions without so much as an "I thought we would discuss things like this first", even if he is the best friend of the star. Two, the first rule of security is that the bodyguard has no personal tie to the subject being protected. The easy answer to that is that Vince was just looking to give him "a job," but I don't think that's how they'll develop Dom.

I do not like this direction at all. Hopefully, Dom and his integration into the quartet won't take up all of the next couple of half hours--but I fear otherwise.

Deez Nats
07-05-06, 11:15 AM
I do not like this direction at all. Hopefully, Dom and his integration into the quartet won't take up all of the next couple of half hours--but I fear otherwise.

Looks like that might happen after all. Good episode last night, and I think the Medellin/Aquaman 2 issue plus Ari's daughter's relationship with that schmuck actor kid could lead the show back on track.

RhodyYanksFan
07-05-06, 11:33 AM
:lol: ooh man that was well phrased on your part.

Yeah Ari rocks.

And Lloyd is like my favorite charachter.

I'd watch a whole show just on those two.

I'm the same way. Ari makes that show. Having Lloyd just makes his character that much better.

TheMick@ND
07-05-06, 03:12 PM
They need to get some side plots going with E, Drama and Turtle. All they are doing is following Vince around now, I think Dom's exit will allow that to happen. Overall, I'm still enjoying the show.

In Mo I Trust
07-05-06, 04:54 PM
Hopefully things pick up with Dom out of the picture.

NelsonMuntz
07-05-06, 10:37 PM
Hopefully things pick up with Dom out of the picture.
What do you mean "with Dom out of the picture". I saw this week's episode but I didn't realize that Dom was written off. What did I miss?

apolansk
07-05-06, 11:42 PM
What do you mean "with Dom out of the picture". I saw this week's episode but I didn't realize that Dom was written off. What did I miss?

On the way to throwing the Shrek doll, Vince says "Come on you miss him a little bit."

And one of them say "A little bit, but an apartment in (Sunny Oaks?) and a hummer isnt a bad severance package."

To me this implies that he's no longer living at the house/involved in their everyday lives. He may have a bit of a cameo in a later episode.

TheMick@ND
07-05-06, 11:58 PM
On the way to throwing the Shrek doll, Vince says "Come on you miss him a little bit."

And one of them say "A little bit, but an apartment in (Sunny Oaks?) and a hummer isnt a bad severance package."

To me this implies that he's no longer living at the house/involved in their everyday lives. He may have a bit of a cameo in a later episode.

Right, that's how I understood it too. It wouldn't bother me if he just disappeared. He wasn't stereotypical enough :P

Snap731
07-06-06, 12:10 AM
I'm the same way. Ari makes that show. Having Lloyd just makes his character that much better.

Oooh man, you're so right. They struck gold with Lloyd and the Ari-Lloyd dynamic.

I'm glad Dom's gone and I'm not really complaining about the content of the season BUT...

did anybody else think it was kinda funky that Vince's biggest problem is he has to decide between two movies he really wants to do?

How exactly is THAT gonna show us Vince's charachter develop or anything?

As annoying as Dom was, the saving grace of the last two was showing how Vince consciously refuses to "Go Hollywood" which ties into the basic fun and premise of the show.

So, how is this new situation gonna challenge him?

TheMick@ND
07-06-06, 12:40 AM
Oooh man, you're so right. They struck gold with Lloyd and the Ari-Lloyd dynamic.

I'm glad Dom's gone and I'm not really complaining about the content of the season BUT...

did anybody else think it was kinda funky that Vince's biggest problem is he has to decide between two movies he really wants to do?

How exactly is THAT gonna show us Vince's charachter develop or anything?

As annoying as Dom was, the saving grace of the last two was showing how Vince consciously refuses to "Go Hollywood" which ties into the basic fun and premise of the show.

So, how is this new situation gonna challenge him?

Well wouldn't doing the sure thing sequel over the movie role of his dreams be "going Hollywood" to some extent. I know that's not really what they're talking about with the going Hollywood thing but just a thought.

Also, and I realize it is just a TV show and they are doing this to create a dillemma in the show, but if Ari were to say, "uhh sorry, Vinnie's already locked in to shoot another movie then, you're gonna have to push Aquaman 2 back," what would the studio do? I'm not sure how long it takes to shoot a movie, but would that really be devastating to the Aquaman 2 movie? As bad as having to get a new actor to play the lead role? There were like 3 years in between the Batman and Spiderman movies.

yanksrule69
07-06-06, 08:10 AM
Also, and I realize it is just a TV show and they are doing this to create a dillemma in the show, but if Ari were to say, "uhh sorry, Vinnie's already locked in to shoot another movie then, you're gonna have to push Aquaman 2 back," what would the studio do? I'm not sure how long it takes to shoot a movie, but would that really be devastating to the Aquaman 2 movie? As bad as having to get a new actor to play the lead role? There were like 3 years in between the Batman and Spiderman movies.

In the previews I thought it showed them sitting with one of the directors/producers (I assume of Medellin) and he was agreeing to push the start date back 65 days but then they are with the Aquaman 2 director/producer and he says something like, "I can't be having the star of Aquaman 2 on every screen in the country doing blow all movie long" and you hear Vince reply something like, "If you want me not to do Medellin I was 20 Mil for A2."

I assume he will have to choose one or another but just that quick preview shows Vince finally saying something for himself which could be the start of something new.

NelsonMuntz
07-06-06, 08:27 AM

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I do remember them saying that.

SeanM
07-06-06, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure how to react to the season so far (but there's no way i'd call it a letdown after 4 episodes)...i look forward to each sunday night, and don't think i've been truly disappointed yet.

Regarding the whole Terrance/Ari thing, you've gotta remember that season 2 ended before Aquaman even began shooting, and season 3 opened with the premiere. Thats alot of time elapsed, how long could they drag that out?

powerpinstripes
07-06-06, 10:29 AM
Thanks. Now that you mention it, I do remember them saying that.

I just caught the part about the severance package. Now it makes sense. Thanks everyone.

BrooklynBotz
07-10-06, 09:49 AM
Turtle looks like he's about to make it big on his own. Poor Drama.

jonnyc39
07-10-06, 10:14 AM
I've enjoyed the past two episodes much more than the first three. The season's looking a little better - though, what's with Vince's over the top spending lately? Three Aston Martins at a time?

powerpinstripes
07-10-06, 10:45 AM
Last nite's episode was great. Ari sending his daughter's boyfriend to Kasikstan(?) on location. Priceless......

SeanM
07-10-06, 10:47 AM
Best episode of the season so far. Ari's gonna look like a miracle worker, there's no way he doesn't land Drama a somewhat big role.

boo_427
07-10-06, 12:11 PM
I've enjoyed the past two episodes much more than the first three. The season's looking a little better - though, what's with Vince's over the top spending lately? Three Aston Martins at a time?

If my movie beat Spiderman's record just like Aquaman did or Pirates of the Caribbean 2 did this weekend, I think my spending would be a bit over the top as well.

I can't wait until next week. Some more Sloan appearances!

Repping Turtle and Drama for Vince to get them to shutup is classic. Looks the Turtle/Saigon signing will be huge for Ari.

powerpinstripes
07-11-06, 09:57 AM
I watched this show again last nite. It is truly classic. A couple of more hilarious moments:

When Vince gets the check for a million dollars then offers to pay for the storage of the A2 water tank

When Drama & Turtle race each other to Spago--calling shotgun on who talks first

Drama's aborted soliquy to Ari on why he should rep him

When Ari asked his wife for a quick (XX) before his dinner meeting

Vince drops the 20 mill bomb for A2 or he is quitting (nothing personal) and then Ari shows up. "Sorry I'm late, blames it on the wife, (heh heh) What did I miss?"

Smithers
07-11-06, 11:40 AM
I can't wait until next week. Some more Sloan appearances!

is that for real? i download and watch them on Mondays because i'm too cheap to pay for HBO. was she in the preview?

that was the best show of the season so far. it opened up so many doors.

I loved it when Haggis said "if i stuck to contracts, i'd be doing Facts of Life instead of hanging out with my boys," and his 2 Oscars were right behind him.

powerpinstripes
07-11-06, 12:32 PM
is that for real? i download and watch them on Mondays because i'm too cheap to pay for HBO. was she in the preview?

that was the best show of the season so far. it opened up so many doors.

I loved it when Haggis said "if i stuck to contracts, i'd be doing Facts of Life instead of hanging out with my boys," and his 2 Oscars were right behind him.

Sloan was in the coming attractions for next week. Something about a threesome, and also about Vince still holding out for the 20 mil.

Great Catch about the Oscars in the background. Now I will have to watch it again.

thecaptain
07-11-06, 01:01 PM
Turtle looks like he's about to make it big on his own. Poor Drama.Drama will get something going.. :D

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
07-11-06, 04:12 PM
Awesome episode, Entourage is finally back! Funniest part of the episode for me was the look on Drama's face when Vince backs up Turtle when he's trying to set up the sit down with Ari. Really good writing last week. Ari getting the kid sent out to Kazakhstan was great and I like how they incorporated Saigon into the script.

YankeeClemens22
07-12-06, 07:40 AM
I haven't been as disappointed with season 3 as many of you guys have so far. That being said, this past episode was probably the best of the season for me right now. Entourage is definately one of my favorite shows. :)

BrooklynBotz
07-17-06, 09:47 AM
Loved last night's episode. Looks like Vincent is screwed, and so is E:drool:

jonnyc39
07-17-06, 09:56 AM
Great episode last night. Drama trying to get Ari to talk to him was great, and we witnessed probably my favorite Turtle moment when he offered Ari that joint. Good stuff.

NelsonMuntz
07-17-06, 09:59 AM
Last night's episode was easily the best of the season. Great stuff all around. Ari had some fantastic lines. "We're going to pay you in Yen Lloyd". My only complaint is that they cut away too soon from the threesome. So far this year we've seen Dom's fat a** nude multiple times but as soon as two ridiculously hot girls are about to strip down they immediatly cut away. Bastards.

BrooklynBotz
07-17-06, 11:07 AM
Last night's episode was easily the best of the season. Great stuff all around. Ari had some fantastic lines. "We're going to pay you in Yen Lloyd". My only complaint is that they cut away too soon from the threesome. So far this year we've seen Dom's fat a** nude multiple times but as soon as two ridiculously hot girls are about to strip down they immediatly cut away. Bastards.

:-werd-: Very true. Too bad they don't have director's cuts for TV shows.

TheMick@ND
07-18-06, 01:07 AM
Wow, I just DL'd the episode and that was awesome. Great episode, Vince is a moron, can't wait for what happens next.

Deez Nats
07-18-06, 07:02 AM
Wow, I just DL'd the episode and that was awesome. Great episode, Vince is a moron, can't wait for what happens next.

I loved the episode too, but I have a hard time seeing Warner Brothers turn away the headlining actor, who happens to be Hollywood's "it" guy and who just broke Spiderman's record just because he was justifiably pissed and snubbed the bigwig over breakfast. Actors may be emotional like that, but I have a hard time believing Alan's pride supersedes his personal financial interests.

yankeegeek
07-18-06, 07:47 AM
Brokeback Aquaman!!!!!

NelsonMuntz
07-18-06, 08:57 AM
Why is Vince a moron? I don't blame him for not wanting to have breakfast with that a-hole.

Smithers
07-18-06, 12:10 PM

when Ari said the yen line i almost pissed myself from laughing so hard. that episode was just another shining moment for Piven as Ari. unbelievable.

oh and if you want to see the blonde chick naked, just rent Harold and Kumar because i'm pretty sure that was Freakshow's wife.

jonnyc39
07-18-06, 12:26 PM
when Ari said the yen line i almost pissed myself from laughing so hard. that episode was just another shining moment for Piven as Ari. unbelievable.

oh and if you want to see the blonde chick naked, just rent Harold and Kumar because i'm pretty sure that was Freakshow's wife.Wow, GREAT call. Been too long since I saw that movie...

It's her, Malin Akerman.

Smithers
07-18-06, 02:45 PM
Wow, GREAT call. Been too long since I saw that movie...

It's her, Malin Akerman.

I have this weird knack for that. If i see a face, i'll never forget it. Both people in movies and regular joes on the street.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
07-18-06, 04:42 PM
Brokeback Aquaman!!!!!

:roflmao:

The last two episodes were great. The whole thing with Drama screening Ari's calls while the whole Aquaman thing was falling apart \had me rolling too.

TheMick@ND
07-19-06, 01:47 AM
Why is Vince a moron? I don't blame him for not wanting to have breakfast with that a-hole.

Maybe moron is a bit strong but come on. He says, "I will show up at work every day and bust my ass like I've always done." Well Vince, work starts tomorrow, you gotta go to breakfast with the producer to finalize the deal. Sorry you don't like your boss right now, but all things considered your job's pretty easy at least tomorrow it is. It's one thing to have principles and stick by them and it's another thing to act like a spoiled selfish baby, breach a contract, and screw people over who you care about and who are trying to help you.

I know, it's just a TV show. :)

pjfan
07-20-06, 05:57 PM
My fave part was when Ari was getting on Vince, saying "They're going to sue you for everything. They'll take your cars, your money.....they may even take Turtle"

The show is starting to get into swing now.

Even though they are kinda copycatting the real life situation of Toby McGuire and Spiderman, and even using the same actor (Jake G.) as the supposed new leading man.....it's still fine with me. I love this show!

NelsonMuntz
07-24-06, 09:54 AM
Not real impressed with last night's episode. Ari telling his wife's friends to whip out their boobs was pretty funny (Edit: thank you jonnyc39 for pointing out that this was actually a reference to their rings), as was the ripping on E for using the term "snuggling". Otherwise it was pretty much a run of the mill episode.

I have a feeling that E's encounter with Seth Green was more than just filler. I think Green is going to come back and start trouble for E with Sloan.

jonnyc39
07-24-06, 10:16 AM
Not real impressed with last night's episode. Ari telling his wife's friends to whip out their boobs was pretty funny, as was the ripping on E for using the term "snuggling". Otherwise it was pretty much a run of the mill episode.

I have a feeling that E's encounter with Seth Green was more than just filler. I think Green is going to come back and start trouble for E with Sloan.

I thought last night was pretty good, but again, too short.

The negotiation scene with Ari and Terrance was the best part, IMO. Also - I think Ari was asking to see his wife's friends' rings, not boobs.

NelsonMuntz
07-24-06, 10:19 AM
I thought last night was pretty good, but again, too short.

The negotiation scene with Ari and Terrance was the best part, IMO. Also - I think Ari was asking to see his wife's friends' rings, not boobs.
lol, right, the rings. Well that shows you where my mind is 99% of the time. Yeah the negotiation scene was good. But still overall I thought it was just an average episode.

BrooklynBotz
07-24-06, 10:27 AM
what was E calling Seth Green? Whatever it was didn't sound like Seth to me.

powerpinstripes
07-24-06, 10:31 AM
This show really needs to be on longer than 24 minutes an episode. Loved the Ari/Terrance showdown, it really showed Piven's Ari at his finest. Also, loved the Ari & wife part. Hate the Tori over Sloan part, and not much Turtle or Drama.

In Mo I Trust
07-24-06, 11:00 AM
Not a great show last night. The show definitely needs to be longer.

Smithers
07-25-06, 12:04 PM
disappointed. i want more "What the F is Vince gonna do now?"

jonnyc39
07-30-06, 09:48 PM
Decent episode tonight. I think the Babs/Ari egos will be very entertaining to watch battle in the future.

And I absolutely love how Vince's character is developing.

RSoxHater
07-31-06, 01:53 AM
Miller Gold.... :lol:

yanksrule69
07-31-06, 10:19 AM
Miller Gold.... :lol:

"we sound like a beer" :lol:

Next week doesn't look too good.

RSoxHater
07-31-06, 10:51 AM
Another great line: "Who the **** invited APA."

http://www.apa-agency.com/index.html

BrooklynBotz
07-31-06, 11:42 AM
"we sound like a beer" :lol:

Next week doesn't look too good.

I don't know, the boys in Vegas could be fun.

powerpinstripes
07-31-06, 12:17 PM
The Ed Burns/Drama part was classic.

NelsonMuntz
08-01-06, 09:24 AM
Another great line: "Who the **** invited APA."

http://www.apa-agency.com/index.html
That was pretty funny.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
08-01-06, 12:24 PM
"hey Babs, traitorous skanks anonymous meeting is next door"

:lol:

Ari kills me, sometimes it's not even the lines that are funny, it's how he delivers them. Once again Drama and Ari stole the show.

Smithers
08-01-06, 12:33 PM
How Piven hasn't won an Emmy or a GG for his role is baffling.

That one was only slightly disappointing. Ari seems to be losing control of Vince.

yanksrule69
08-08-06, 07:46 AM
They are taking it way too far with Vince's reputation. He's got to get some positive PR somehow. It should be interesting to see how they try and pull him out of the PR disaster he's currently in.

Seth Green is extremely annoying and what was with that guy in his "entourage" who just repeated everything Seth said?

YankeeClemens22
08-08-06, 08:17 AM
Seth Green is extremely annoying and what was with that guy in his "entourage" who just repeated everything Seth said?

I think it's cool that he's willing to go on the show and portray himself as a total jackass. The entourage is funny, and they got whooped by Vince's crew. That was awesome when Johnny Drama came flying in and punched that guy. And then Turtle threw someone over the railing.

The blackjack scene was great, where Vince won all his money back.

NelsonMuntz
08-08-06, 09:06 AM
I think it's cool that he's willing to go on the show and portray himself as a total jackass. The entourage is funny, and they got whooped by Vince's crew. That was awesome when Johnny Drama came flying in and punched that guy. And then Turtle threw someone over the railing.

I agree. I thought it was a pretty funny episode.

StatenIslandYankee
08-08-06, 09:11 AM
I never missed an episode of Season 1 or 2, but I havn't seen one episode of Season 3 :(

CoyoteYankee
08-08-06, 09:46 AM

I loved this episode!

I agree with you about Seth Green. How cool is it that these celebrities are willing to go on this show and totally make themselves look bad when playing themselves. Remember when Jaime Pressly was on? She portrayed herself like a total slut. Now whether she is or not in real life, I don't know, but she didn't mind playing like that. I think that's pretty cool.

Jeremy Piven is the best. And if you see him on interviews, he is such the anti-Ari that it's mind blowing how good he actually is at playing Ari.

Smithers
08-08-06, 12:05 PM
I was a little disappointed because they haven't really gotten anywhere on what the hell Vince is gonna do since he got the boot from A2.

jonnyc39
08-08-06, 01:35 PM
I was a little disappointed because they haven't really gotten anywhere on what the hell Vince is gonna do since he got the boot from A2.I've brought this up before, but I'll ask again: what's up with Vince's blatant overspending this season? By my count, they have five new cars, four motorcycles and a house, not to mention going to Vegas to potentially lose half a million dollars. With a paycheck from one big movie, guy like Vince simply doesn't have the kind of money to do stuff like that.

Smithers
08-08-06, 01:54 PM
I've brought this up before, but I'll ask again: what's up with Vince's blatant overspending this season? By my count, they have five new cars, four motorcycles and a house, not to mention going to Vegas to potentially lose half a million dollars. With a paycheck from one big movie, guy like Vince simply doesn't have the kind of money to do stuff like that.

That's part of my point. Everybody seems WAY too calm: his manager, his agent, and his publicist. Shouldn't this be a bigger deal then they're making it?

YankeeClemens22
08-08-06, 02:18 PM
That's part of my point. Everybody seems WAY too calm: his manager, his agent, and his publicist. Shouldn't this be a bigger deal then they're making it?

The house is only a downpayment, and the cars and bikes could be leased.

Snatch Catch
08-08-06, 03:03 PM
I was a little disappointed because they haven't really gotten anywhere on what the hell Vince is gonna do since he got the boot from A2.

He's going to be a rock star.

In Mo I Trust
08-08-06, 03:05 PM
I've brought this up before, but I'll ask again: what's up with Vince's blatant overspending this season? By my count, they have five new cars, four motorcycles and a house, not to mention going to Vegas to potentially lose half a million dollars. With a paycheck from one big movie, guy like Vince simply doesn't have the kind of money to do stuff like that.

I agree, add that to the extravagant partying and day to day living, they spend way much more money than someone with one huge movie and a few smaller movies could afford. Oh well, its a tv show.

yanksrule69
08-08-06, 03:10 PM

Ari's not so calm but, then again, it seems he stands to lose the most if Vince totally effs everything up.

chanman7483
08-08-06, 10:33 PM
Just went through seasons 1,2 and all of season 3 up till the other nite's episode in about 2 weeks... I love this show.

Drama is the man!!!!!!! That was great how he came from nowhere to deck that guy... Ari was hilarious when they first saw Seth and he kept doing the Dr. Evil thing... :lol:

YankeePride1967
08-12-06, 09:11 PM
Okay, never watched this series until tonight, but I just tried watching one, this could be the most boring show I've ever seen on TV.

NelsonMuntz
08-13-06, 09:52 AM
Okay, never watched this series until tonight, but I just tried watching one, this could be the most boring show I've ever seen on TV.
You are very much outnumbered in that opinion.

YankeePride1967
08-13-06, 09:57 AM
You are very much outnumbered in that opinion.

Well it was the first episode of season 3 and with the comments above, maybe I picked the wrong one to watch.

NelsonMuntz
08-13-06, 10:40 AM
Well it was the first episode of season 3 and with the comments above, maybe I picked the wrong one to watch.
That's true, they're not the best Entourage episodes. Maybe you need more of the back story to appreciate this season. Start watching from season one and I can almost guarantee you will become addicted.

yanksrule69
08-13-06, 09:48 PM
The socks have got to go, Vince.

jonnyc39
08-14-06, 09:33 AM
What a terrible episode last night.

NelsonMuntz
08-14-06, 09:52 AM
I absolutely loved last night's episode. Easily the best of the season, IMO. Drama was pure comedy, no pun intended.

jonnyc39
08-14-06, 10:59 AM
I absolutely loved last night's episode. Easily the best of the season, IMO. Drama was pure comedy, no pun intended.Even after a few beers I didn't find last night entertaining. Nothing happened - at all.

TheMick@ND
08-14-06, 11:18 AM
Yeah, kind of a transition, set-up episode. Not much going on at all but they should have a decent angle to go with now.

boo_427
08-14-06, 11:20 AM
Even after a few beers I didn't find last night entertaining. Nothing happened - at all.

Not true. E, found Vince's next movie. Turtle lost Saigon as a client and Vince had some casual with an average looking female from a bookstore who turned him down for a next go round because she was getting engaged. He just happened to be on her "list".

I thought it was decent and advanced the plot. Ari seems more caught up in his office than finding Vince work.

YankeeClemens22
08-14-06, 11:31 AM
Not true. E, found Vince's next movie. Turtle lost Saigon as a client and Vince had some casual with an average looking female from a bookstore who turned him down for a next go round because she was getting engaged. He just happened to be on her "list".

I thought it was decent and advanced the plot. Ari seems more caught up in his office than finding Vince work.

Not enough Ari in last night's episode!

It advanced the plot a lot. Vince has a movie, but there's only 2 episodes left. Not much time for much to happen with it before shooting starts.

NelsonMuntz
08-14-06, 12:30 PM

Agreed. There was way more going on in this week's episode than last week's. Plus Drama was just hilarious throughout the show.

BronxByTheBay
08-14-06, 12:32 PM

Vince is lucky Ari is still bothering to rep him. All Vince does is sh*t on every opportunity given him.

powerpinstripes
08-14-06, 01:12 PM

Last nite's episode was pretty good. Drama hanging over the balcony was hysterical.

hobokenfish
08-14-06, 03:01 PM
Vince is lucky Ari is still bothering to rep him. All Vince does is sh*t on every opportunity given him.

It's all about business. If you notice, Ari ignored him in last night's episode because he's got other clients to worry about and who can make money for him. But as long as Vince is still bankable, Ari will rep him. I think the show is actually pretty true to real life.

And that Suge Knight scene last night was great.

BronxByTheBay
08-14-06, 03:44 PM
It's all about business. If you notice, Ari ignored him in last night's episode because he's got other clients to worry about and who can make money for him. But as long as Vince is still bankable, Ari will rep him. I think the show is actually pretty true to real life.

That's my point. Vince is a huuuuuuge flake, and has pissed away lots of big paydays. He's proven to be an unstable client, so of course Ari puts him on the backburner. The window for Vince being bankable is closing, and somewhat rapidly (Vin Deisel comes to mind). If Ramones tanks, he's pretty much f*cked. Also, Vince is not just being a flake, he is actively antagonizing every studio he's worked with. That is a cardinal sin.

And that Suge Knight scene last night was great.

You noticed that too, eh? Except I don't think Knight gave Vanilla Ice $40k.

hobokenfish
08-14-06, 04:15 PM
That's my point. Vince is a huuuuuuge flake, and has pissed away lots of big paydays. He's proven to be an unstable client, so of course Ari puts him on the backburner. The window for Vince being bankable is closing, and somewhat rapidly (Vin Deisel comes to mind). If Ramones tanks, he's pretty much f*cked. Also, Vince is not just being a flake, he is actively antagonizing every studio he's worked with. That is a cardinal sin.

It will be interesting to see what happens. As long as Vince can get a few million per movie, Ari will represent him (much like Endeavor will continue to rep Vin Diesel until his movies stop making money). Lots of these movie stars are totally flaky, so it is actually very realistic.

You noticed that too, eh? Except I don't think Knight gave Vanilla Ice $40k.

I actually thought Suge was going to make a cameo on the show when Saigon was talking about his agent from 10 years ago reappearing. I loved the scene with Drama hanging off the balcony, but you could see it coming a mile away. And the line Drama had about holding out for more money because he thought he could make it into the pool was excellent.

BronxByTheBay
08-14-06, 04:38 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens. As long as Vince can get a few million per movie, Ari will represent him (much like Endeavor will continue to rep Vin Diesel until his movies stop making money). Lots of these movie stars are totally flaky, so it is actually very realistic.

His behavior is not realistic where the studios are concerned. You can't renege on contracts and trash the studios you've worked for. One of the key components to hiring a movie star is them promoting the movie they've made for you. I forgot who said it, but a major star once said they're paid $20 million for the promotion afterward as much as to be in the film. If they're going to trash the film and the studio, they ain't gettin a job with that studio again.

I brought up Vin Diesel as an example of a guy who was slated to be a giant movie star just a few years ago and is currently doing stuff that's borderline direct to video (Find Me Guilty). The point being that the good will and hype off of Aquaman will fade unless he does something following it that makes bank.

Add it all up - Vince is sh*tting on movie studios, trashing films, and refusing script after script. That ain't regular behavior, not for an actor working his way up the ladder, anyway. Ari would cut bait after a while if that behavior keeps up. Or at least he would in real life. And he'd do it because as an agent with other stars to rep, he wouldn't want to keep antagonizing studios.

YankeePride1967
08-14-06, 04:47 PM
Thinking about buying the first two seasons on DVD to catch up.

boo_427
08-14-06, 05:03 PM
Agreed. There was way more going on in this week's episode than last week's. Plus Drama was just hilarious throughout the show.

I think he has stole the show the last two weeks. His whole massage therapist bit last week was too much.

Vince did win him some cash last week in Vegas though.

Last nite's episode was pretty good. Drama hanging over the balcony was hysterical.

No doubt. Especially when he turns his head to look through the rail and asked with excitement, "You watched Viking Quest?" Hilarious.

PaulieIsAwesome
08-14-06, 08:47 PM
I just watched the last 2 episodes. Seth Green got so owned.

NelsonMuntz
08-14-06, 10:48 PM
Vince is an artist. He would rather starve than do an embarrassing movie that he doesn't believe in.

TheMick@ND
08-14-06, 11:11 PM
His behavior is not realistic where the studios are concerned. You can't renege on contracts and trash the studios you've worked for. One of the key components to hiring a movie star is them promoting the movie they've made for you. I forgot who said it, but a major star once said they're paid $20 million for the promotion afterward as much as to be in the film. If they're going to trash the film and the studio, they ain't gettin a job with that studio again.

I brought up Vin Diesel as an example of a guy who was slated to be a giant movie star just a few years ago and is currently doing stuff that's borderline direct to video (Find Me Guilty). The point being that the good will and hype off of Aquaman will fade unless he does something following it that makes bank.

Add it all up - Vince is sh*tting on movie studios, trashing films, and refusing script after script. That ain't regular behavior, not for an actor working his way up the ladder, anyway. Ari would cut bait after a while if that behavior keeps up. Or at least he would in real life. And he'd do it because as an agent with other stars to rep, he wouldn't want to keep antagonizing studios.

Vince will work it out though and come through with a huge movie. He's clutch. ;)

YankeeClemens22
08-15-06, 08:48 AM
Thinking about buying the first two seasons on DVD to catch up.

Well worth it.

RSoxHater
08-15-06, 08:52 AM
Vince is an artist. He would rather starve than do an embarrassing movie that he doesn't believe in.

Like that commercial... ;)

NelsonMuntz
08-15-06, 10:21 AM
Like that commercial... ;)
:lol: Good point. But he was desperate for cash at that point and he was assured that the commercial would never air in America.

BronxByTheBay
08-15-06, 10:37 AM

Uh huh. That's why his entry into leading man status was that piece of sh*t action movie from season 1.

BronxByTheBay
08-15-06, 10:38 AM
:lol: Good point. But he was desperate for cash at that point and he was assured that the commercial would never air in America.
So much for his willingness to starve, eh?

RSoxHater
08-15-06, 11:09 AM

I don't begrudge him. I mean, quite a few actors I liked have gone the "japander" route. I just never bought much into a film actor's mythos of "artistic integrity." At least not the ones willing to make big budget productions.

Some good ones:

http://www.japander.com/japander/fox.htm (:-rofl-: at the tea commercial)

http://www.japander.com/japander/connery.htm (Tsk, tsk, tsk.... So wrong with the whisky.)

http://www.japander.com/japander/schwarz.htm

http://www.japander.com/japander/sutherland.htm

Smithers
08-15-06, 12:13 PM
Not enough Ari in last night's episode!

It advanced the plot a lot. Vince has a movie, but there's only 2 episodes left. Not much time for much to happen with it before shooting starts.

Where did it say there's only 2 left? I had heard the season was going to be longer, but since i'm watching downloaded episodes, i'm not getting the previews.

NelsonMuntz
08-15-06, 12:36 PM
Uh huh. That's why his entry into leading man status was that piece of sh*t action movie from season 1.
Head On? Vince was dubbed "the next Johnny Depp" by the NY Times as a result of that performance.

BronxByTheBay
08-15-06, 12:40 PM
Head On? Vince was dubbed "the next Johnny Depp" by the NY Times as a result of that performance.

Which was weird because prior to Pirates, Depp wasn't really a big action star. He certainly wouldn't star in something like a "Die Hard" type film. Well, then again, there was that real time thriller he made with Christopher Walken. But boy did that suck.

NelsonMuntz
08-15-06, 12:43 PM
Which was weird because prior to Pirates, Depp wasn't really a big action star. He certainly wouldn't star in something like a "Die Hard" type film. Well, then again, there was that real time thriller he made with Christopher Walken. But boy did that suck.
Nick of Time?

YankeeClemens22
08-15-06, 03:30 PM
Where did it say there's only 2 left? I had heard the season was going to be longer, but since i'm watching downloaded episodes, i'm not getting the previews.

It says it when the show the preview for next week.

BronxByTheBay
08-15-06, 03:30 PM
Nick of Time?

Si. That was awful.

apolansk
08-15-06, 07:16 PM

Head On wasn't an action film, it was a mystery. The action film was 'Materhorn' which Ari said was Die Hard in Disneyland. They didn't do that film because E said the dialogue sucked.

pjfan
08-15-06, 09:30 PM

I heard they were splitting the season up into two parts, ala Sopranos. It's actually supposed to start up again in March, with a nice Sopranos lead-in. It will make Sunday nights fun.

Plus, it gives me a reason to get rid of HBO, and get Showtime so I can start watching Weeds again.

TheMick@ND
08-16-06, 12:11 AM
I heard they were splitting the season up into two parts, ala Sopranos. It's actually supposed to start up again in March, with a nice Sopranos lead-in. It will make Sunday nights fun.

Plus, it gives me a reason to get rid of HBO, and get Showtime so I can start watching Weeds again.

I don't have either because I just DL the episodes :evil::badass:

YankeePride1967
08-16-06, 04:37 PM
well, I decided to use a gift card I got and got seasons 1 and 2 of Entourage.

TheMick@ND
08-16-06, 04:39 PM
well, I decided to use a gift card I got and got seasons 1 and 2 of Entourage.

Nice. Hope you enjoy them. :)

YankeePride1967
08-16-06, 09:21 PM
Nice. Hope you enjoy them. :)

Watched the first one tonight. I liked it.

jonnyc39
08-16-06, 09:35 PM
Watched the first one tonight. I liked it.Yeah, you should be able to mow through a season of Entourage in what, like 6 hours? Gheesh. Not much show there.

YankeePride1967
08-16-06, 09:36 PM
Yeah, you should be able to mow through a season of Entourage in what, like 6 hours? Gheesh. Not much show there.

First season yes. Only 8 episodes. Second season is 14 episodes long. Then I can catch up on season 3 on HBO On Demand.

NelsonMuntz
08-16-06, 10:03 PM
Watched the first one tonight. I liked it.
See that ... NelsonMuntz wouldn't steer you wrong ;)

TheMick@ND
08-17-06, 01:07 AM
First season yes. Only 8 episodes. Second season is 14 episodes long. Then I can catch up on season 3 on HBO On Demand.

Episodes 3 and 6 are my favorite from season #1. Episodes 8, 9 and 13 from season #2.

BrooklynBotz
08-17-06, 10:53 AM
I don't have either because I just DL the episodes :evil::badass:
Where do you download them?

TheMick@ND
08-17-06, 11:33 AM
Where do you download them?

Torrent sites like bittorrent or torrentspy

YankeePride1967
08-17-06, 11:42 AM
I'm up to the fourth episode (movie premiere of Vince's movie). Still great.

YankeePride1967
08-19-06, 04:48 PM
Okay, I'm on to episode 7 of season 1 now and one observation. Who the hell in a climate like southern California wears sweats and a hat on backwards 24/7?

BrooklynBotz
08-21-06, 10:05 AM
I enjoyed last nights episode. Drama, what can I say, he's the best. Also next week looks interesting. I know they can't fire Ari but it should be fun watching him freak out.

NelsonMuntz
08-21-06, 10:32 AM
I liked last week's episode better. Can't believe there is only one show left for this season.

TheMick@ND
08-27-06, 01:47 AM
It's really the last show of the season? Who thinks they are going to leave us hanging with Vince still jobless? If that happens then this season really only had a few things happen. Ari got the new partnership, Drama got a job, Turtle lost Saigon, E had a threesome and some fat dude stole Shrek. I'm still enjoying the show and I realize I'm oversimplifying but that doesn't look like much of a season to me. Hopefully the finale is good.

YankeePride1967
08-27-06, 03:18 PM
Well, I'm through season 2 and on to season 3. I love this show.

chanman7483
08-27-06, 03:55 PM
It's really the last show of the season? Who thinks they are going to leave us hanging with Vince still jobless? If that happens then this season really only had a few things happen. Ari got the new partnership, Drama got a job, Turtle lost Saigon, E had a threesome and some fat dude stole Shrek. I'm still enjoying the show and I realize I'm oversimplifying but that doesn't look like much of a season to me. Hopefully the finale is good.

You're right, it has been a little dull.

thecaptain
08-27-06, 07:33 PM
Ari got the emmy :gulp: :clap:

YankeePride1967
08-27-06, 07:39 PM

Great news. Take him and/or Kevin Dillon off the show and the show would not be anywhere near the same.

yanksrule69
08-27-06, 07:41 PM

Much deserved. Who did he beat?

thecaptain
08-27-06, 09:30 PM
Ari got the axe

yanksrule69
08-27-06, 09:34 PM
Best episode of the season, by far.

They can't possibly be writing Ari out of the show. It should be interesting how it plays out, if Vince gives in or Ari gets him work. For some reason I get the feeling Bob was f*cking with Ari and didn't really sign the papers.

jonnyc39
08-27-06, 10:22 PM
At least something HAPPENED this episode, but...kinda too late. I loved the first two seasons of this show, but I felt very shortchanged by this season. They didn't give us much.

NelsonMuntz
08-28-06, 09:29 AM
At least something HAPPENED this episode, but...kinda too late. I loved the first two seasons of this show, but I felt very shortchanged by this season. They didn't give us much.
Agreed, this was definitely the weakest season of the series thus far. Still, it's easily my favorite TV show. I liked the season finale last night. I really thought they were going to work things out with Ari and save the Joey Ramone movie. I'm glad they decided to go with a twist. It makes me more interested in the next season. Speaking of which, I don't think the Artie Lange episode aired this season. Does that mean they've already been shooting the next season?

BronxByTheBay
08-28-06, 09:32 AM
I still think Vince is being a dumbass. I'm not sure what it is he wants from agents, but it seems he wants both gobs of money and the ability to do stuff like "The Ramones". Doesn't work that way. You gotta build up your studio cred to do projects like that OR you do indie stuff and forego the gobs of money.

I agree with everyone else that this season, which started out so promisingly, went into the toilet. Nice use of E's girlfriend, guys. In fact, nice of you to make E a non-character for the last few episodes.

RSoxHater
08-28-06, 10:13 AM
Agreed, this was definitely the weakest season of the series thus far. Still, it's easily my favorite TV show. I liked the season finale last night. I really thought they were going to work things out with Ari and save the Joey Ramone movie. I'm glad they decided to go with a twist. It makes me more interested in the next season. Speaking of which, I don't think the Artie Lange episode aired this season. Does that mean they've already been shooting the next season?

HBO bought something like 8 more episodes for January to be aired with the Sopranos. However, because Gandolfini broke his leg, that show lost a few weeks of production and will release on March, which will be when the next Entourage episodes come back. They will also have a full season during the summer, but may push it back onto the fall season.

powerpinstripes
08-28-06, 10:32 AM

As a whole the season was disappointing. Lots of funny moments, but I definitely feel shortchanged. The episodes really did not flow together like the other 2 seasons, and I did not like the way it ended. If there are 8 more episodes, they should just put them on now. Who wants to wait until March.

Yanksin2k6
08-28-06, 12:43 PM
Im still laughing over the episode that started with that GodFather game. Where DON CORLEONE is welcoming someone into the family and after that long speech they turn and you see that its Drama and all he says is "Thanks Bro". LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

RSoxHater
08-28-06, 04:14 PM
As a whole the season was disappointing. Lots of funny moments, but I definitely feel shortchanged. The episodes really did not flow together like the other 2 seasons, and I did not like the way it ended. If there are 8 more episodes, they should just put them on now. Who wants to wait until March.

It makes sense from a business prespective. They are promoting this as the next big show from HBO, but the ratings are still around only 2.2 million viewers. The Sopranos' lead in of 12 million viewers can make the ratings bounce and keep the show going.

I really wish they would reconsider going back to a full season of Deadwood and make Rome past the second season.

yanksrule69
08-28-06, 04:26 PM
I really wish they would reconsider going back to a full season of Deadwood and make Rome past the second season.

I don't watch those shows but they should also really consider making Entourage an hour long.

nhyankeefan
08-28-06, 04:29 PM
I don't watch those shows but they should also really consider making Entourage an hour long.

Based on the first two seasons, I'd agree but I don't think season 3 was good enough to justify another 30 minutes.

TheMick@ND
08-28-06, 05:49 PM
I still think Vince is being a dumbass. I'm not sure what it is he wants from agents, but it seems he wants both gobs of money and the ability to do stuff like "The Ramones". Doesn't work that way. You gotta build up your studio cred to do projects like that OR you do indie stuff and forego the gobs of money.

I agree with everyone else that this season, which started out so promisingly, went into the toilet. Nice use of E's girlfriend, guys. In fact, nice of you to make E a non-character for the last few episodes.

Completely agree, I said this earlier after the Aquaman 2 drama happened. He's completely flaky about what he wants and ends up screwing things up and getting nothing.

yanksrule69
08-28-06, 05:50 PM
Based on the first two seasons, I'd agree but I don't think season 3 was good enough to justify another 30 minutes.

I think that may have been one of the problems this year. From episode to episode it didn't flow very well at all this season. They need more than 21 minutes to develop a storyline and make it flow well, imo.

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 08:33 AM
I've been catching up on Entourage. Bought seasons 1 and 2 and went on HBO On Demand to watch season 3. I finished up last night to where I had only the last two episodes of this season to watch. I go on now and they are no longer available on HBO On Demand. Guess I have to wait for them to come out on DVD.

jonnyc39
08-29-06, 08:38 AM
Twelve episodes this season, totaling out at around 6 hours. Damn.

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 12:02 PM
I've been catching up on Entourage. Bought seasons 1 and 2 and went on HBO On Demand to watch season 3. I finished up last night to where I had only the last two episodes of this season to watch. I go on now and they are no longer available on HBO On Demand. Guess I have to wait for them to come out on DVD.

What if I was to tell you that I could upload the last two episodes so that you could later download them, is that something you'd be interested in?

AMC
08-29-06, 01:16 PM
Great news. Take him and/or Kevin Dillon off the show and the show would not be anywhere near the same.

Kevin Dillon used to annoy the crap out of me on Entourage but now I think he really makes that show funny (and Jeremy Piven, of course).

AMC
08-29-06, 01:27 PM

Are you sure about that? I checked the HBO On Demand schedule online and it's showing those episodes as available. Maybe they'll show up for you again this week.

YankeeClemens22
08-29-06, 02:46 PM
For some reason I get the feeling Bob was f*cking with Ari and didn't really sign the papers.

That's what my fiance said. I'm not so sure though.

I'm sure going to miss Entourage until next season. HBO is so rough like that... they make very good shows with such short seasons and lots of downtime.

ALR83
08-29-06, 03:32 PM
Kevin Dillon used to annoy the crap out of me on Entourage but now I think he really makes that show funny (and Jeremy Piven, of course).

Yeah same here.

I'm sure going to miss Entourage until next season. HBO is so rough like that... they make very good shows with such short seasons and lots of downtime.

I hate it. The season and show is just not long enough! It really needs to be an hour.

apolansk
08-29-06, 03:54 PM
What if I was to tell you that I could upload the last two episodes so that you could later download them, is that something you'd be interested in?

I missed the last episode of the season, and every torrent I look for doesnt work. So that would be something I would be interested in. ;)

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 04:44 PM

Yes, although I since found out the people I live with did record the last episode on DVR. Thanks.

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 04:45 PM
Are you sure about that? I checked the HBO On Demand schedule online and it's showing those episodes as available. Maybe they'll show up for you again this week.

Yup, just checked again, last episode available is the one just prior to the Vegas episode.

BronxByTheBay
08-29-06, 06:24 PM
It makes sense from a business prespective. They are promoting this as the next big show from HBO, but the ratings are still around only 2.2 million viewers. The Sopranos' lead in of 12 million viewers can make the ratings bounce and keep the show going.

I read recently that the decision to cancel Deadwood wasn't HBO's - it was series creator David Milch. He apparently wanted to focus on some dumbass surfering series he's creating for the network. HBO's stance is that they didn't cancel Deadwood - Milch cancelled them.

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 07:11 PM
I missed the last episode of the season, and every torrent I look for doesnt work. So that would be something I would be interested in. ;)

I uploaded the finale:

http://rapidshare.de/files/31256667/Entourage.S03E12.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 07:12 PM
Yes, although I since found out the people I live with did record the last episode on DVR. Thanks.

The second to last episode is uploading now, I'll post it when it's done.

YankeePride1967
08-29-06, 07:32 PM
The second to last episode is uploading now, I'll post it when it's done.

Thanks! I just noticed HBO is playing the finale at 4 AM so I set the DVR for that. Now if the tropical storm cooperates and let's the power stay on ...

PaulieIsAwesome
08-29-06, 09:31 PM
I thought this was the best episode of season 3, because it had very clear direction. I hope they can follow that next year.

T-Rod
08-29-06, 09:37 PM

Agree...if they're going to do away a guy, scrap Kevin Connolly's character. E is a little whiny girl who needs to have the crap beat out of him.

PaulieIsAwesome
08-29-06, 09:42 PM
Agree...if they're going to do away a guy, scrap Kevin Connolly's character. E is a little whiny girl who needs to have the crap beat out of him.

Agreed. I don't think Kevin Connolly plays it all that well either. Drama rules.

TheMick@ND
08-29-06, 09:56 PM
Second to last episode of the season:

http://rapidshare.de/files/31267358/Entourage.S03E11.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi

apolansk
08-29-06, 10:08 PM
I uploaded the finale:

http://rapidshare.de/files/31256667/Entourage.S03E12.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi

Really appreciate it.

CoyoteYankee
08-29-06, 10:15 PM
Yup, just checked again, last episode available is the one just prior to the Vegas episode.

How odd. I guess it depends on the cable provider? I just watched the last three episodes On Demand.

chanman7483
08-30-06, 09:43 AM
No way Ari doesn't come back. BTW Vince was a d*ck this episode....very annoying.

NelsonMuntz
08-30-06, 10:22 AM
What? I don't agree with this at all.

BronxByTheBay
08-30-06, 10:30 AM
What? I don't agree with this at all.

Me neither. I love E. In fact, one of my disappointments this season was the writers giving him nothing to do the last few episodes.

jonnyc39
08-30-06, 11:01 AM
Me neither. I love E. In fact, one of my disappointments this season was the writers giving him nothing to do the last few episodes.No kidding. It was also totally irresponsible to never follow up with the Seth Green fight. Lazy ass writers.

BronxByTheBay
08-30-06, 11:44 AM
No kidding. It was also totally irresponsible to never follow up with the Seth Green fight. Lazy ass writers.

I think the fight itself was the payoff to the running gag of "tension" with Green, actually.

NelsonMuntz
08-30-06, 12:59 PM
I think the fight itself was the payoff to the running gag of "tension" with Green, actually.
I actually thought they were going to take that storyline a little deeper, e.g., Seth Green tells Sloan that he saw E hitting on Sloan's best friend at the pool therby causing a rift in their relationship.

But back to your original point, I agree that E's character was completely underutilized this season. Are we to assume that there's no tension between E and Sloan's Dad after E turned down a gift job offer and let Vince stay with Ari? And surely that tension would have found it's way into E and Sloan's relationship. Plus, E is supposed to be the one in the group with some brains. At some point shouldn't he smack Vince in the head and say "take one of the 20 jobs that Ari threw at you"?

BronxByTheBay
08-30-06, 01:04 PM
I actually thought they were going to take that storyline a little deeper, e.g., Seth Green tells Sloan that he saw E hitting on Sloan's best friend at the pool therby causing a rift in their relationship.

But back to your original point, I agree that E's character was completely underutilized this season. Are we to assume that there's no tension between E and Sloan's Dad after E turned down a gift job offer and let Vince stay with Ari? And surely that tension would have found it's way into E and Sloan's relationship. Plus, E is supposed to be the one in the group with some brains. At some point shouldn't he smack Vince in the head and say "take one of the 20 jobs that Ari threw at you"?

THis is something I've been complaining about for a while. I don't understand how Ari's job can be on the line when Vince was the guy who continually f*cked himself over with project after project. In fact, all the turmoil with Warner's was due to Vince being a sh*thead.

After all the trouble Vince has caused, I'm not even sure why Ari was so desperate to keep him.

PaulieIsAwesome
08-30-06, 01:22 PM
Also, why was Sloan only shown in like 3 episodes all season? E kept talking about how committed they are, and how serious their relationship is, compared to Turtle's relationships. Plus, Emmanuelle Chriqui is really, uber-hot. And Jewish, according to IMDB!

YankeePride1967
08-30-06, 01:57 PM
How odd. I guess it depends on the cable provider? I just watched the last three episodes On Demand.

I woke up at 5 AM and was able to watch them both. Maybe there is a limit to the number who can watch it at once.

YankeePride1967
08-30-06, 04:30 PM
I do think that E is somewhat of a weasel and if they did write one character out, I'd vote for him.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
08-30-06, 09:41 PM
They need more than 21 minutes to develop a storyline and make it flow well, imo.

The episodes were far too short. To add more time, I say can the opening credits and get right to it like they do in the Larry David show. But f'n HBO always does that. They hook you, and then the longer the series goes on the lamer and shorter the episodes get. I'm hoping the new Wire season bucks this trend...the first three seasons were all top notch and the episodes were nearly an hour every show.

Ari getting fired was good writing but if he's really gone then I'm not watching another season if it happens...Drama is funny but he can't carry the show on his own.

NelsonMuntz
08-30-06, 09:56 PM
I do think that E is somewhat of a weasel and if they did write one character out, I'd vote for him.
Weasel? How so? I find him to be the most honest and trustworthy of the group.

TheMick@ND
08-31-06, 12:11 AM

Yeah, what a loser. ;)

YankeeClemens22
08-31-06, 06:56 AM
Well, with just a drop of investigation, and the use of the internet in today's day and age, I found out Entourage season 4 is shooting right now, and will begin airing in March. Not as bad as I thought.

As far as Jeremy Piven goes... well, he just won an emmy for the 2nd straight year. I don't want to give out any spoilers, but let's just say they are out there for the determined folks.

YankeePride1967
08-31-06, 02:42 PM

maybe weasel is the wrong word, more like annoying.

BrooklynBotz
08-31-06, 03:18 PM
Well, with just a drop of investigation, and the use of the internet in today's day and age, I found out Entourage season 4 is shooting right now, and will begin airing in March. Not as bad as I thought.

As far as Jeremy Piven goes... well, he just won an emmy for the 2nd straight year. I don't want to give out any spoilers, but let's just say they are out there for the determined folks.
I love spoilers and went looking for them but I guess I wasn't determined enough. Care to help me out? Thanks in advance.

YankeeClemens22
08-31-06, 03:21 PM
I love spoilers and went looking for them but I guess I wasn't determined enough. Care to help me out? Thanks in advance.

Try:
http://entourage.szmata.com/

BronxByTheBay
08-31-06, 04:06 PM

Not only that, but he seems to be the only guy actually working for a living.