PDA

View Full Version : Question about Roll Call

indianyanksfan
04-12-06, 04:53 PM
hey just wondering how the sequence starts and at what point they call out giambi's name? and how do they say it? jason giambi or just giambi?

thanks

stupidpunchline
04-12-06, 05:08 PM
hey just wondering how the sequence starts and at what point they call out giambi's name? and how do they say it? jason giambi or just giambi?

thanks

JA-SON *clap* *clap*
JA-SON *clap* *clap*

Last year it started with Bernie in center. I don't know about this year, yet.

indianyanksfan
04-12-06, 05:16 PM
JA-SON *clap* *clap*
JA-SON *clap* *clap*

Last year it started with Bernie in center. I don't know about this year, yet.

aww! i'm glad he gets a good roll call...i know he's not a fave for a lot of people.

yankeebot
04-12-06, 05:19 PM
How has Damon been called?

stephsamps
04-12-06, 07:47 PM
I believe it still starts in center with a John-ny Da-mon (like De-rek Je-ter, they're the only two who get full names).

__starr69
04-12-06, 07:50 PM
CF, LF, RF, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, "box seats suck"
Though yesterday I thought I heard them chant for Bernie after Arod, but I didn't hear it too well.

Stupid Flanders
04-12-06, 07:53 PM
I believe it still starts in center with a John-ny Da-mon (like De-rek Je-ter, they're the only two who get full names).
Doesn't Bernie Williams still get two names?

WCNYY
04-12-06, 10:38 PM
Though yesterday I thought I heard them chant for Bernie after Arod, but I didn't hear it too well.
Yea he said they had to go and get him out of the club house. I don't think they've called the DH since Raines jokingly complained about it

stephsamps
04-12-06, 11:36 PM
Doesn't Bernie Williams still get two names?

Doh! Yeah and the bleacher creatures called to him after doing those on the field. it was nice, but Bernie wasn't in the DO. Chacon went to get him and when he stood on the top step they chanted for him til he waved (a few times).

NYDCYankee
04-12-06, 11:44 PM
I was curious about what they did today with Bernie in RF. The roll call always starts out with someone (usually Bald Vinny) yelling "Hey Bernie" and the "Ber-nie" chant.

Now I assume they do the same with Damon (or something similar) but if Bernie is in RF I wonder if they called to him first today.

GallegoHasShortLegs
04-13-06, 01:11 PM
I was in right field, and while my memories from Tuesday remain a little bit fuzzy I could've sworn it was right before A-Rod and I think they gave him the Ber-nie Will-iams. But don't quote me.

stupidpunchline
04-13-06, 03:21 PM

NeW YoRk ReiGN
04-15-06, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9lNqOM7bE&search=yankees

flymick24
04-16-06, 06:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li9lNqOM7bE&search=yankees

lol bernie obviously wasn't there

Dr. Gonzo
04-16-06, 07:15 PM

they also sometimes do the guys in the booth

Stupid Flanders
04-16-06, 07:26 PM
not that there's anything wrong with that

JeffWeaverFan
04-16-06, 10:23 PM
I was curious about what they did today with Bernie in RF. The roll call always starts out with someone (usually Bald Vinny) yelling "Hey Bernie" and the "Ber-nie" chant.

Now I assume they do the same with Damon (or something similar) but if Bernie is in RF I wonder if they called to him first today.
The order never gets changed.

NYDCYankee
04-17-06, 02:47 AM

When I had season tickets out there they did them occasionally.