PDA

View Full Version : 3 Midweek Day Games?

brosiusbuddy
04-10-06, 10:49 PM
ARGGGGH! I can understand opening day being a 1 oclock start but it really sucks that all 3 games against the royals are day games. I have to work each day!!!

SubwayFanatic
04-10-06, 11:11 PM
I just noticed that too. What the hell is going on? :mad:

njyankeesfan
04-10-06, 11:33 PM
If you routinely go to baseball games in April, you'd know---it's cold at night!!
Funny how the same cold in October is much more tolerable, lol.

Yukon Cornelius
04-10-06, 11:43 PM
I'm going to my 1st Opening Day game tomorrow. What time should I get there so I don't miss out on anything? Thanks for the info. :D

Chinroku_sama
04-10-06, 11:49 PM
It is annoying that the games are during the day... I have class through most of them! =\ I was getting tired of those really late games though... they've created some late nights for me on days I have to get up early!

AlongCameAPrincess
04-10-06, 11:59 PM
I'll have to try and wake up before 1pm! That's going to be tough! Haha.

No, but it sucks for you guys that work. :( I can relate.

JeffWeaverFan
04-11-06, 12:19 AM
Normally, I would just skip class and watch all these, but I'm screwed on all of them. Tomorrow I have a test at 2:25 CT, so I'll miss the end of the game. Wednesday I have a quiz at 12, which I will finish within 15 minutes and get to the local sports bar to watch the rest - so that's not bad, but then on Thursday I have to catch a flight and will miss the end of that game too... No good at all.

Stryder2929
04-11-06, 12:41 AM
yeah for mlbtv, im gonna watch while in class

__starr69
04-11-06, 12:45 AM
So glad my school gave us the week before Easter off! And I'm also glad that since I work for the school, I had the option of taking the week off! :D

Not to rub it in or anything. :)

PoughVirginiaYankee
04-11-06, 03:54 AM
Hey - It works for me...it means a 6 PM start here!

SoCal Pinstriper
04-11-06, 05:10 AM
The way that the Yankees are playing, it is good that it has been difficult for most fans to see the games (due to late west coast starts and day games at home. Just look at how upset it has made some of the posters in ITL.

J563
04-11-06, 07:31 AM
The Sox are playing 7pm games this week at Fenway, last I checked Fenway is further North than The Stadium and colder weather normally. This is just another poor choice of scheduling the Yanks get hosed w/ by having to play playing 5 of their first 6 games at 10pm est, then these 3 afternoon games. I have also noticed that only 3 of the first 15 games are at home, while 10 of Boston's first 16 are at Fenway w/ the majority being evening games.
Have not checked , but hopefully the Sox go through a tough road schedule at the end of the season:D.

Yankees1962
04-11-06, 08:05 AM
The Sox are playing 7pm games this week at Fenway, last I checked Fenway is further North than The Stadium and colder weather normally. This is just another poor choice of scheduling the Yanks get hosed w/ by having to play playing 5 of their first 6 games at 10pm est, then these 3 afternoon games. I have also noticed that only 3 of the first 15 games are at home, while 10 of Boston's first 16 are at Fenway w/ the majority being evening games.
Have not checked , but hopefully the Sox go through a tough road schedule at the end of the season:D.
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Yankees will have a say in what time these games start, especially three in a row. Personally, I like those early April games played outside at Yankee Stadium during the daytime hours.

rpbri2886
04-11-06, 08:43 AM
I was discussing this with my dad the other night.

Are New York schools on Spring Break this year? We think that may be a reason for the early starts.

Dr. Gonzo
04-11-06, 08:46 AM
ARGGGGH! I can understand opening day being a 1 oclock start but it really sucks that all 3 games against the royals are day games. I have to work each day!!!

work is over rated.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-11-06, 09:01 AM
I was discussing this with my dad the other night.

Are New York schools on Spring Break this year? We think that may be a reason for the early starts.

Yes they are.

chanman7483
04-11-06, 09:31 AM
My boss is letting me go to the games today and tommorow... half days! Then off on Good Friday...nice and easy week :D

yanksrule69
04-11-06, 09:37 AM
My boss is letting me go to the games today and tommorow... half days! Then off on Good Friday...nice and easy week :D

Lucky! I'm really heated that I can't go to any of the games this week.

I totally forgot that I had Friday off. Sweet.

silverdsl
04-11-06, 10:21 AM
I have off tomorrow and Thursday for Passover so this works out well for me. :D

ctyanksfan1
04-11-06, 10:26 AM
One reason for the day games may also be that Passover begins Wednesday at sundown.
Also Thursay is a Holy Day in the Christian calendar, most natably the evening.
That may be why the games are day games.
Could also be that school is out.

tdel23
04-11-06, 11:03 AM
tell me about it, I have tickets for Wed and Thurs games and can't go because of work.

Dog Named Fred
04-11-06, 07:38 PM
Midweek day games suck. But my loss could be someone else's gain. Does anyone want FREE TICKETS for tomorrow's game? That's right - FREE. You would need to pay the $2/ticket email charge and 50 cents to cover my paypal costs. So some would say that's not free. But it's still 2 tickets in the bleachers for $4.50.

Tickets have been taken.

Beccash18
04-12-06, 09:09 PM
Here's my take on this. Part of the scheduling is the weather and the holidays coming up. But, if the Yankees have any say in the time of the game I think they have day games because yesterday and today there are Nets games on at night. They would have to choose which game to air. By having the Yankees game during the day they can air both.